Midnight

Meant to Be?

 

MIDNIGHT

Jongin was crying at how his father could do such a thing. He didn’t want to hate his dad. He never wanted to and to leave his father on such a bad note, he couldn’t accept it.

“Don’t worry, he’s not mad at you, he understands your feelings and that’s why he’s happy. He sees that there is more to keep you here.”

“I feel so terrible doing this! How could I just yell at him and expect to be a good son?!”

“You were able to put your dad’s worry at rest and not have him worry about how you would feel after he’s gone. Let it all go, he did what he had to do…”  Jongin wiped his tears and looked at Kyungsoo and smiled.

“I’m glad you’re here with me… Honestly, if you weren’t here and I didn’t have you or Chanyeol or Baekhyun altogether with me, I would be much more of a mess now. So thank you for being here for me. I promise I will not hurt you in anyway and I will always love you.” Kyungsoo smiled and kiss Jongin’s lips.

“I love you Jongin, I will never leave you either. You will always be here!” Kyungsoo pointed to his heart.

“You’re so cheesy.” Jongin laughed while he kissed him again.

“You’re so-”

“DISUGSTING!” Baekhyun walked in the door laughing.

“… What do you want?”

“Woah there Soo, I interrupt just a little moment with you and you’re all angry at me. Anyways, your parents are home and she brought food! I’m starving after having to go through so much!” He looked at Jongin and closed squinted his eyes.

“Uh… sorry about that… I would’ve tried to stop my dad if I knew he was plan-”

“Nah it’s not a problem! I was kidding! You are our new friend and we would be there for you!” Baekhyun smiled and patted Jongin’s back. “Come on let’s go downstairs. They all followed Baekhyun downstairs to enjoy some food.

 

***~~~***

 

Dinner was something that seemed so usual, but in reality so much went on the day of New Years Eve than any of their parents could ever imagine, well of course except for Mr. Kim. No one said anything about what happened at the dinner table and Mr. and Mrs. Do just took it as a regular day for the boys. After dinner was over, they waited for the countdown that was going on in Times Square, Seoul.

“We’re here live in Times Square, Seoul…”

“Ah, Times Square…”

“Something wrong sweetie?”

“Oh, no nothing at all, just makes me think about all those lights and the emotions going on in each and everyone of them.” Kyungsoo let out a breath. “It’s probably crazy over there.” The three other boys looked at Kyungsoo and knew exactly what he meant. The entire day was spent on this one person. Kyungsoo knew he had to do whatever it took to get Jongin. He looked at Jongin and smiled.

 

I did this all because of you. The one I love with everything. The most important thing in my life. You have impacted me so much and have made me realize quite a lot. I can’t wait for the future of us together. There’s so much to do and there’s so much we can get done. Everything is possible. Kim Jongin, you are the one I love the most.

 

“THEY’RE GETTING READY TO COUNTDOWN!”

“Oh my Baekhyun, what has gotten into you son?”

“Heh, sorry mom, it’s just… this year I guess I’m different.” He rubbed the back of his head. Everyone counted down the last 10 seconds of the New Year with everyone on TV and in the crowd. With every second being counted down, a memory flashes before Kyungsoo’s eyes. The beginning of it all, the climb that they went through to get to know each other, the struggle each of them went through, the sacrifices they made for each other. He closed his eyes as the timer went to 3 and reopened them at 2.

“I love you.” Jongin and Kyungsoo both shouted as the timer finished with the last second of the New Year.

 

***~~~***

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo were giving each other quick pecks while they were cuddling together in bed calling each other cute names and just enjoying the moment while it lasted. Kyungsoo quickly remember about the paper Mr. Kim was talking about.

“Sorry to ruin the moment, but I just remembered something… What’s the paper your dad was talking about?

“Oh yeah, sorry to accuse you about that… Here let me get it for you since this whole situation is over.” Jongin got up and walked over to his bag. He got it out and handed it over to Kyungsoo. “There you go.” He smiled and watched Kyungsoo unfold and read it.

 

Dear Kyungsoo,

        I don’t know how to tell this to you… I just found out about this and it that this is all happening… My dad is probably going to have to move to the States which means that I will have to as well… My mom will still be here since she has to watch her mother, but my dad won’t allow me to stay here with her. The times we spent together were all real, every single second of it. I regretted nothing and I just wish that our time wasn’t coming to an end. I really will do my hardest to keep myself here, but there are no guarantees. I just hope you can understand. If you’re reading this letter, I’m probably on my way to the states… I didn’t want to confront you about it personally because I can’t look to see the tears in yours because I was the one to cause them. No matter what happens when I’m in the States, please don’t forget about me. I will always love you. I will never forget about you and I will always try to be there when you need me. I love you Do Kyungsoo.

 

Love,

Kim Jongin

 

Do Kyungsoo + Kim Jongin

Christmas 2013 – Never

 

Kyungsoo looked up to Jongin who was smiling.

“Happy New Years.” Kyungsoo was tearing after he finished reading. He got up to hug Jongin and kiss him on the lips. This kiss felt like the beginning of something new, an all new year, an all new beginning, and it would be experience with the two of them… together.

“I love you Kim Jongin.”

“I love you Do Kyungsoo.” The night came to a close real quick and the two of them cuddled together. Kyungsoo’s head was in Jongin’s chest and both of them had their body in the other’s arms.

 

***~~~***

 

During the middle of the night, Jongin received a message. It didn’t wake anyone up.

 

From: Tiffany

 

Hi Jongin! :D

 

--------------------

You thought it was all over didn’t you? ;D Nope! I have too many ideas for this story! Hope you guys don’t get bored of it, though! I don’t think I’ll be finished with this story anytime soon… :D Goodnight guys and enjoy this new chapter for the New Year… hehe. ^.^