Away

Meant to Be?

 

AWAY

“What feeling is this?”

“I… Don’t take this the wrong way, alright?” Jongin nervously nodded.

“Kyungsoo, tell me what you want to tell me. I won’t mind.” Kyungsoo’s hands were shaking and he looked up at Jongin whose eyes were gleaming with the lights the park had.

“Kim Jongin… I-”

“Kyungsoo!” Kyungsoo turned around and saw that Chanyeol had visited the park as well.

“Hey, isn’t that the tall kid from when I woke up…?”

“Yeah, his name is Chanyeol. I’ll tell you what I need to later.”

“Alright, no problem.” Chanyeol ran up to the two of them.

“What’s up Chanyeol?”

“Hey, I haven’t seen you in a while.”

“We just had class together!”

“Oh yeah, today went by quickly, haha. Anyways, how’s Jongin been?” Kyungsoo looked to Jongin who was taking a view of the lake.

“He’s been fine… I was going to confess to time just now…”

“What? Really? Why?”

“I… I don’t know. I don’t like how I have to hide my feelings and it feels really strange…”

“I guess I know what you mean… You feel like you’re lying to him, right?”

“Yeah… honestly I don’t want to have to do this anymore. I think tonight I will tell him for sure.”

“Go for it Soo.” Chanyeol smiled which also made Kyungsoo smile.

“Thanks Chanyeol.”

“No problem, just tell me how it goes! Anyways, I’ll be off now! Gotta catch a movie with my boy!”

“Have fun with that and make sure to watch the movie, alright?” Kyungsoo winked and Chanyeol chuckled.

“Alright, see you!” Chanyeol waved goodbye as he ran into the distance. Kyungsoo let out a sigh and turned around. His heart was beating when he saw Jongin talking to this pretty girl.

 

Oh hell no!

 

Kyungsoo walked up to Jongin and pulled his arm. He looked at the girl and noticed it was Jessica.

“Oh hello Jessica, what’s up?”

“Hey Soo! I was just walking by and spotted Jongin here. We were just talking about school and what not.”

“Yeah, she’s helping me get comfortable with the school and everything.” Kyungsoo hated it when Jongin talked to girls because he knew that there was still a straight part inside Jongin.

“Oh… alright, well if that’s the case, carry on!”

“Well we kind of finished, hah, I should be getting back home now. My folks have got this party and I had to walk to the store to get this.” Jessica lifted up a bag and showed it to the other two.

“Aw, it stinks that you have to go now.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll see you all soon! Bye Soo, bye Jongin!” Jessica walked off and Jongin turned to Kyungsoo smiling.

“What’re you smiling for?”

“Wow Soo, she’s really pretty!” Kyungsoo was feeling very jealous inside and he had to contain it all.

“Yeah… Yeah she is. She’s a good friend of mine.”

“Is she older than me?” Kyungsoo nodded. “Aw, that stinks…”

“Why is that?”

“Well, I wanted to get to know her better.”

“What does the age have to do with anything exactly?”

“She’s going to think of me as a child or something.”

“You’re so silly, no she won’t!”

“She could! Anyways, what did you want to tell me?”

“Oh! Oh… Um… I kind of forgot…”

“You said you’ve been hiding something from me and it was a feeling.”

 

Damn it, I thought you’d forget.

 

“Hah, oh yeah… It’s just that… I’m just really happy when I hang out with you…”

“Oh! Then that’s fine! I’m happy to hang out with you too! Glad you became my friend before!”

“Yeah… me too…”

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo laid in bed and thought about Jongin and Jessica being together. He ruffled his hair and just let out a sigh.

 

No, it won’t happen. Jessica won’t do it because she knows it’ll devastate me… But does she like Jongin?

 

Kyungsoo picked up his phone and texted Jessica.

 

To: Jessica

 

Yeah… So what do you think of Jongin?

 

He waited for her reply and when she did, Kyungsoo jumped at the phone.

 

From: Jessica

 

What do you mean?

 

Well you know… like what do you think of who he is and all…

 

He’s a nice guy! :D He’s also very cute, you picked the right guy Kyungsoo!

 

Thanks Jess :) Maybe you like him? ;D

 

No, he’s too young for me!!!

 

A year difference isn’t that young!

 

He seems like a little kid. I’d never want him, but I must admit he’s very cute.

 

Kyungsoo stopped the conversation after that and looked at the ceiling again.

“She thinks he’s cute… Then why do I feel… What is this feeling?” He laid in bed and just thought about everything that could possibly happen.

 

Now that he’s lost his memory, he’s reverted back to the kid he was a few years ago… He could fall for Jessica and I’ll be left alone…

 

Kyungsoo laid in bed thinking until he finally knocked out. Kyungsoo’s pillow was not all that dry that night. He couldn’t find the power in him to fight off the tears.

 

***~~~***

 

Jongin was lying in bed thinking about Jessica and Kyungsoo. He played with his thoughts and wondered who made his heart beat more.

 

Jessica or Kyungsoo? What?! Wait… I’m not gay… Am I…?

 

Jongin laid in his bed thinking what Kyungsoo wanted to confess to him.

“There’s got to be more than just what Kyungsoo said. I want to figure it out, but is it worth it?”

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo woke up in the middle of the night and started panting really hard. His chest hurt and he was short of breath. He didn’t know what was going on. He reached for his phone and pick it up to dial Baekhyun’s number.

“Baekhyun, help me!”

“What’s wrong?!”

“My chest hurts and I’m breathing quite quickly.”

“Calm down, maybe you’re having an anxiety attack or something. Calm down Soo, I’ll be right there.” Baekhyun stayed on the phone and went over to Kyungsoo’s house. He got to Kyungsoo’s room and the lights to see Kyungsoo in pain holding his chest.

“Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo, how did this happen?!”

“I have no clue…” Kyungsoo was breathing heavily, but he didn’t think anything else would happen. “I think I’m good… Just shortness of breath…”

“I think you had an anxiety attack… What’s wrong?”

“I… I think it’s because of Jongin… I think he likes Jessica…”

“That’s not true-”

“Look.”

 

From: Kai <3 :)

 

I think I should start getting to know your friends… You think you can give me Jessica’s number?

 

--------------------

Hey guys, I’m sorry once again. These past two days… I’ve been feeling very down lately. I’ve finally found some time to write this, so I hope you guys like it! ^.^ I will give you a couple more updates tomorrow!