Chanyeol

Meant to Be?

CHANYEOL

The bell rang for school and Baekhyun searches hopefully for his best friend. He’s nowhere to be found and Baekhyun is getting so impatient.

 

Where is he?

 

He checks his phone and notices a message from Kyungsoo

 

Kyung-Hyung:

 

OMGGGG I just woke up! >___< Damn it, I’ll probably get detention again! Aish, I’ll tell you the answer when I get to class.

 

Baekhyun let out a sigh and put his phone back in his pocket.

 

***~~~***

“Damn it, how come mom didn’t wake me up?” Kyungsoo was rushing to get everything ready for school. He still doesn’t understand the point in rushing since he’s going to be late anyways. One of the few things in the morning Kyungsoo can’t forget is his shower. He feels disgusting without a morning shower. He quickly finishes shampooing and washing his face. With lightning-fast actions, Kyungsoo is finished in all about 20 minutes.

“Aish, 8:30 already!” Finishing up his hair and BB cream, Kyungsoo rushes out of the house forgetting his backpack. He’s already ran halfway to school and notices that he forgot it. Thankfully when he checked his phone for the time, his mom texted him and said she’ll bring it to school. While running to school, Kyungsoo thinks about how his mom could drive his backpack to school, but not drive him. Then he remembers that he just ran out the house and today is his mom’s day off.

“Of course, just my lucky day isn’t it.” –Beep beep- Kyungsoo quickly turned his head to find his mom driving to school. She signals him to go in the car and together they drive off into school.

 

***~~~***

 

“Ah, Kyungsoo, so nice of you to join us today.” Mr. Song greeted him with such a warm welcome. Of all the teachers, the students like Mr. Song the most, not only because his class easy, but he’s kind and funny. He whispers in Kyungsoo’s ear “Don’t worry, I know you’ll get detention next time you’re late so I’ll tell them you went to do something for me.”

“Awesome! Thanks Mr. Song!” Kyungsoo bows and walks to his seat next to his best friend who is now asleep.

 

When is there ever a time when he’s awake in class?

 

Kyungsoo pulls out his chair and unloads his backpack full of all the books and homework he has to hand in. Upon taking out a notebook, he notices a note on it:

 

Kyung-Hyung, don’t forget to tell me that answer! ;D

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head and smiles.

 

You are something Byun Baekhyun.

 

Kyungsoo thought this would be a perfect way to get Baekhyun back for getting his mom to go against him for once in his life.

“HOLY !” Scream Baekhyun as he jumped from his seat. He looked all around and noticed the heads turned to his direction. The only thing he could hear was Kyungsoo’s burst of laughter.

“Mr. Byun… is there something wrong?” Mr. Song looked very worried for one of his top students.

“Eh… Heh, no sir, none at all. Sorry about the commotion. Uh.. Continute your lesson!” Baekhyun bows as he slowly returns to his seat. A girl from the front of him turned around and congratulated Baekhyun on giving Mr. Song a heart attack.

“Shut up and turn around Jessica.” Baekhyun stuck out his tongue at her.

“Come closer and do it again if you dare.” Jessica knew Baekhyun wouldn’t refuse.

 

Yuck, is this going to be worse for me or him?

 

Baekhyun leaned in closer and stuck out his tongue. Right away Jessica flicked it and quickly wiped her hands with hand sanitizer.

“Ow!”

“Yuck, I’ve got Byun Germs.”

“Hey, there’s something to like about that.”

“Yeah right…”

“You’re so stupid.” Kyungsoo was watching and just enjoying the entertainment presented in front of him.

“You know you ought to be nicer to me.” Baekhyun was now checking his tongue on his mirror. He made sure to check if it was red or anything.

“Oh you little baby, it’s going to be fine. And why should I be nicer to you?” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow and was expecting a good answer from his friend.

“Because-” Baekhyun stopped right there and turned his head to what he heard.

“Ah Chanyeol, so nice of you to stop by! Is there something you need?” Chanyeol was one of Mr. Song’s favorite students.

“Yeah, do you mind if I take a test in here?”

“Well, of course! Take a seat behind your good pal Kyungsoo!”

“Thanks Mr. Song!” Chanyeol bowed and walked over to the seat behind his close friend. Kyungsoo waved hello to Chanyeol with a smile. Chanyeol returned the same thing.

“Good luck!” Kyungsoo whispered as Chanyeol walked by.

“Thanks, I’ll need a lot of it! Damn, I don’t know why I took Calculus.”

 

OH MY GOSH THAT VOICE! HE’S SO FREAKING PERFECT!

 

“Oh hey! Aren’t you Baekhyun?” Baekhyun nervously turned around and answered.

“Uh… oh yeah! You’re Chanyeol right? Heh, nice to meet you! Sorry about the other day, I was just super confused about something and that’s why I was just standing there like an idiot and…”

 

Baekhyun… you are such an idiot.

 

Kyungsoo facepalmed at how silly Baekhyun was acting right now trying to explain to his crush why he just stood there. A simple explanation could’ve done the trick.

“Um, let’s let Chanyeol finish up his test.” He turn Baekhyun around and apologized to Chanyeol for the disturbance.

“Ah… it’s… no problem…” Chanyeol didn’t know if he should feel awkward or poor for Baekhyun.

“Way to go Prince Charming.” Kyungsoo teased.

“Shut up… Ugh he’s just so cute!” Baekhyun’s voice cracked on the last word and HOPED Chanyeol didn’t hear that. He turned around as he heard Chanyeol giggle.

 

AHHH, what if he heard me?!