Unique

Meant to Be?

UNIQUE

"I... Uh I just had this gut feeling so that's why I came..." Baekhyun nodded in skepticism. 
"Uh huh..."
"Hey... I'm sorry, but what happened?" Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun and then waited for him to nod. 
"I guess I'll tell both of you now." Baekhyun let out a sigh and continued, "Well I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but I woke up to the sound of the machine beeping and then doctors came running in. I was so confused and they took Chanyeol away. A little bit after, I found out that his blood level fell below the safe zone and they needed to do a blood transfusion, or something. It was about an hour before Kyungsoo arrived..." The other two boys just listened to what Baekhyun had to say. He was already full of tears by the time he finished speaking. Kyungsoo comforted him as best he could. Eventually Baekhyun was fine again and they went to go grab some breakfast. It wasn't unusual for Baekhyun to not feel hungry, but Kyungsoo forced him to eat anyway.
"Come on, you don't want to be weak in front of Chanyeol right?" Baekhyun looked at his food and pushed it around with his fork. Nothing seemed appetizing to him, all he wanted was to see Chanyeol in full health and go get ice cream like they used to. The young boy sighed and looked over to the clear freezer. He saw ice cream and it made him think of Chanyeol. Kyungsoo followed Baekhyun's eyes and saw the ice cream as well. He got up and blocked Baekhyun's vision. 
"You want ice cream? I'll get it for you." Kyungsoo smiled widely. Baekhyun shook his head weakly and looked down at his food before sighing again. Jongin patted his back and then stuffed a spoonful of food in his mouth. Baekhyun reluctantly ate it and swallowed it. 
"What the hell?!" 
"You need to eat!" Baekhyun squinted at Jongin and then took the spoon from his hand. 
"I'll feed myself. Thanks!" He began eating his food and before he knew it, the food was all finished. Jongin and Kyungsoo were shocked at how fast he ate. 
"When was the last time you are?!" Jongin asked in shock. 
"I don't remember..." Jongin chuckled and then patted Baekhyun's back once more before getting up. 
"Has Chanyeol's mom visited?"
"Yeah a lot. She visits during the early hours and sometimes evenings. She seems to be really worried- but obviously."
"I can imagine... This is her son." 
"Yeah..." Jongin plopped an ice cream cone right into Baekhyun's hand, who looked confused. "What's this for?" 
"For you to feel better. You were eyeing that ice cream." Baekhyun weakly smiled and the ice cream. 

Chanyeol... I miss you already. 

***~~~***

As the boys finished throwing away their trash, Chanyeol's doctor noticed them and walked over. 
"Hello! You are Park Chanyeol's friends, correct?" They all nodded and the doctor smiled, "Great! Follow me please!" 

***~~~***

The boys walked into a hospital room with a nicer view than the other one. The doctor then pulled the curtain away and Baekhyun smiled. There he was, laying in bed and breathing fine like before. 
"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun ran up to him and then hugged him. The young boy was filled with relief and excitement. Kyungsoo was also smiling widely and he felt almost as happy as Baekhyun did. It was such a relieving moment to see Chanyeol back in the room alive and somewhat well.
"I'm glad to see Chanyeol has such great friends. Do you know where his parents are?" 
"Yeah, his mom usually visits during the early hours and evening." 
"Thank you, do you have her contact by any chance?" 
"No... Sorry." The doctor smiled and began walking away, "wait! I have his phone. His mom's number should be in here." The doctor turned around and walked over to Baekhyun. 
"Oh please, could you give me the number. I just need to contact her." 
"Sure." Baekhyun gave the doctor Mrs. Park's phone number and he thanked him. He walked outside and left the boys alone in the room. Jongin decided to stay a little bit and then felt the urge to talk to the doctor. 
"Guys, I'll be right back, I want to talk to the doc for a little bit." 
"Sure, no problem!" Baekhyun waved goodbye and Kyungsoo looked worried. As if something is up in Jongin's head and it isn't a good thing either. 
"I'll be fine." Jongin smiled as he placed his hand on his boyfriend's shoulder. 
"It's not that... What are your thoughts right now?" 
"I just need to get confirmation on Chanyeol's status. That's all." 
"Okay. Just let me know how that goes." Jongin nodded and walked out the door to talk to the doctor. 
"Of course, perhaps a coulple of days..." The doctor trailed off as he turned around to the sound of Chanyeol's door opening. He wasn't shocked to see one of Chanyeol's friend exiting, but the fact that he's just standing there bothered him. "Please hold on a second Mrs. Park," the doctor lowered the phone and covered the microphone part of the phone with his doctor coat, "Yes? Can I help you?" 
"Can I just get a verification on Chanyeol's status? What is going on with him now? Will he live to see another year? Please I just need answers." The doctor sighed and then raised his phone to his ear. 
"Mrs. Park, I would appreciate if you came to the hospital right now... Yes... Alright thank you, see you soon!" He hung up the phone and looked back at Jongin, "We'll talk about this when she gets here. I'll have to tell you all eventually."  

***~~~***

20 minutes later Mrs. Park could be seen coming off the elevator and making her way towards the room. The doctor was waiting for her outside and greeted her with a nice smile and handshake. 
"Please tell me he's alright." Her eyes red from crying before. 
"Follow me please." He opened the door to Chanyeol's room and she quickly walked over to her son. Baekhyun slowly got up to give them the moment they needed. 
"Hello, Mrs. Park..." 
"My baby Baekhyun! How are you doing sweety? I can't imagine how you're feeling about all this." She gave him a tight hug and then turned him and herself to face the doctor. 
"What I was going to tell you earlier, Mrs. Park, was that, although Chanyeol's conditions are fine as of now-" 
"As of now?! He's in danger for something else?!" Mrs. Park then nudged Baekhyun's shoulder and calmly quieted him down. She wanted to yell out the same thing, but she kept it in. 
"Please, continue. I apologize for his behavior." She smiled. 
"Yes, well Chanyeol is fine as of now, but there are some bad news." The group looked at each other and wondered how much worse Chanyeol's condition can get, "Chanyeol is unfortunately in a coma right now..." 

--------------------
Hey guys! I didn't think my last chapter could put a scare on so many people xD I'm sorry! I hope you guys like this. Want a little spoiler for what's going to happen next? Hmm... Nah! I'll let you read on so you can find out. ;D