Struggle

Meant to Be?

 

STRUGGLE

The entire lunch period, Kyungsoo spoke not one word to anyone. Everyone except Jongin knew to leave him alone and talk to him after school where they would be no ears to listen on. That’s how Kyungsoo always wanted to solve his problems.

“And then Chanyeol and I took Mentos and put them into the Pepsi-” Baekhyun couldn’t finish because of how funny it still was to him.

“And it shot all over me…” Chanyeol didn’t find it that funny, but still laughed a bit.

“You guys had one crazy vacation, didn’t you?” Jessica did find it funny, and also cute how Baekhyun and Chanyeol were together. “It’s so cute how you guys are together… BaekYeol…?” The two smiled at how cute the name was.

“AH MY GOSH, BAEKYEOL IS AMAZING!” Baekhyun was freaking out and Chanyeol laughed at how cute Baekhyun was being.

“Hah, calm down Baekhyun, you’re attracting so much attention.”

“Sorry, Jess…” He couldn’t keep the excitement inside him. Kyungsoo smiled at how happy Baekhyun was.

“Well there’s the first smile you cracked ever since this morning.” Kyungsoo just nodded at Jongin.

“Seriously, what’s wrong? I won’t hang out with her if you don’t want me to.” Jessica and BaekYeol stopped talking and looked over to Jongin and Kyungsoo.

“Nothing… Kai, seriously, it’s fine. Go hang out with her; I’ll be fine seriously. I have to clean up around the house anyways.” Jongin nodded with discomfort.

“Alright… I’ll take your word for it.” Kyungsoo smiled and nodded. Jongin knew that the smile was fake, but didn’t want to say anything.

 

***~~~***

 

Jessica decided to walk home with Kyungsoo since she lives around him. Jessica, Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun have been friends since grade school and they’ve always helped each other out. They don’t hang out as much, but they’re still very close of friends. Jessica and Baekhyun seem to be a beautiful couple in everyone’s eyes and people have always pushed them to be together.

“Well that was weird wasn’t it during lunch?”

“Yeah... I don’t know what to do if he texts me.”

“That’s an obvious answer Soo, you just have to reply!” Kyungsoo knew that was obvious, but it seemed harder than usual. It seemed awkward to text him back after all this happened.

“You want to come over and let me help you out?” Kyungsoo nodded.

“Can I ask for something else, too?” Jessica was glad to help.

“Sure! What is it?” Kyungsoo opened his arms out. Jessica smiled and gave him a tight hug.

“Soo, everything will be alright. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and I are all here for you. No one’s taking us away from you, I promise you that.” Jessica rubbed Kyungsoo’s back and then let go to see a tear from Kyungsoo’s eye roll down.

“Wipe that tear away, come on.” Jessica took her hand and wiped away the tear.

 

***~~~***

 

From: Kai <3 :)

 

I’m all done with Tiffany! Sorry it took so long! Dx I’ve missed you so much!

 

“Kai…? I remember you called him that once… Is it a nickname or something?”

“It’s a name he told us we can call him by when we first met him. I thought it was a nice name, so I just call him by that now.”

“Ah… how cute. Well how’re you going to answer to this?” Kyungsoo had a blank look on his face.

“You have to make him feel like he’s done wrong. Just text like you’re mad, but don’t make it obvious.” Kyungsoo texted a message, but showed Jessica before sending it.

 

It’s no problem, I’ve been cleaning up around the house. I just finished too. How was your time with Tiff? :D

 

“I would tell you to not add the emoticon, but then that’d be obvious… Yeah, I guess.” Jessica hit the “send” button.

“Now we wait.” Kyungsoo let out a sigh.

“Thanks for being here with me Jess.”

“You’re wrong, you’re here with me. My house, but you’re the guest.” Kyungsoo chuckled.

“Whatever.” He shook his head before another message from Jongin came in.

 

It was boring! I wanted to be with you the entire time! I wish I didn’t have to leave you… :(

 

“Obviously if you find it boring, you won’t do it again.” Jessica was irritated by how silly Jongin was being.

“You’re right, maybe he won’t be with her anymore.” Kyungsoo began texting a message and showed it to Jessica once again.

 

Aw, it’s alright, I just hope you weren’t too bored. I’ll see you tomorrow, though! :D

 

“I feel like I don’t need to put up with the faking anymore.”

“Are you truly mad now?”

“No, it just kind of went away.”

“He’s using sweet words with you, but I’m glad to see you feeling better. Do you still need my help?”

“Wait, sweet words? Like he’s making me feel like I should care?” Jessica gave an obvious nod.

“Of course! Then again, sometimes it’s not all that fake and it’s genuine. I’ve never had this happen to me before.”

“I just hope it’s genuine.” Kyungsoo got up and took his bag getting ready to leave. “Thanks for helping me out, Jess.”

“No problem.” Jessica walked Kyungsoo downstairs and they walked out the door. “If you need anything else, just call me or text me, I’ll be up pretty late today finishing up some work.”

“I don’t want to distract you-”

“Your situation is more important than my homework, go on and just tell me if you need help.” Kyungsoo smiled.

“Thanks Jess, will do!” They hugged and Kyungsoo walked off into the distance.

 

I’ve seen you through so much Kyungsoo and I just want you happy. This is a new challenge and I’m afraid I can’t help you out all the way… Hopefully it works out soon.

 

***~~~***

 

It was a rough day, but Kyungsoo was finally settling in bed and ready to go to sleep. He let out a breath before checking his phone hoping everything was alright. There were 4 messages from Jongin and the last one was the one that caught his attention.

 

From: Kai <3 :)

 

Are you mad at me…? :(

 

Kyungsoo didn’t know what kind of response to give Jongin. He didn’t want to tell him the truth and he didn’t want to lie to him either.

“Honestly, I don’t know… I wish I can tell you and tell you that I hate it when you’re with Tiffany. I want to tell you that I feel like she’s trying to take you back. I want to tell you all these things, but something’s stopping me.” Kyungsoo let out a sigh.

 

No, not at all! :D Why would you think that?

 

Idk, I just feel like you kinda are… But, if you’re not then alright! :D Wow, I’ve missed you! I have that pain in my chest!! >.<

 

“I honestly want to tell you everything…”

 

--------------------

Well this seems like a predicament… :D I told you I’d have more up! >:D Hope you guys liked that one! ^.^