Trying

Meant to Be?
TRYING
 
Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are walking home after the club had finally ended. It was a successful meeting with many people. They both thought that many people might not show up since it's a general high school. There was one thing that seemed to get both of their attention. 
"Hey Baekhyun... Umm... Did you notice something about the people when I was talking to them?" 
"Other than the way Luhan stared at you? Nope."
"So you saw it too..." 
"It was very obvious."
"You think he likes me...? I don't want to sound conceited, or anything, but honestly." 
"I'm not sure... It's a possibility. Why else would he stare at you like that?" 
"I have no clue. I don't know if I should be scared though..." 
"Why is that?" 
"Jongin... I don't want him to kill me over Luhan. That'd just be bad!" 
"At least this is a way to get him back!"
"I don't want to get him back though. That's just messed up. I don't want to be a relationship ruiner."
"Tiffany and Jongin. What happened there?"
"Are you saying I broke them up??"
"Jongin did most of it but you were Jongin's attraction." 
"I guess you're right, but I don't want that repeating and especially with Jongin being the broken hearted one."
"You care too much for him. You need to let him go a little." 
"I know I know. I'm just hopelessly waiting..." 
"But first of all, let's just make sure that he actually likes you and not be assuming things."
"Why do we need to find out?? I don't like him!"
"Look, even if you do or don't, we should at least find out so that way we know how to do with him if he confesses to you!" Baekhyun laughed. 
"Why're you laughing?? This isn't a joke!" 
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. This is just a little funny to me." 
"How can you treat this like a joke? My life is in danger... Sort of." 
"It's cute..." Baekhyun begins laughing again. 
"Shut up! This isn't funny!" 
"Alright, sorry sorry. Ah... That was great." Baekhyun finally caught his breath. "But honestly, I think that Luhan is better than Jongin. Don't you think so? Luhan seems to be more welcoming than Jongin. I can't say who's better looking because compared to Chanyeol, everyone loses." Kyungsoo shook his head and continued walking forward.
 
He has a point... No he doesn't! Luhan isn't better! Stop it!!!! 
 
***~~~***
 
Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are walking to their next class and Kyungsoo spots Luhan walking in the opposite direction. 
"Let's see how he reacts to me saying hi to him randomly." 
"Kyungsoo that is the worst idea-" 
"HI LUHAN!" Kyungsoo waved and smiled. Luhan nervously waves hello to him. 
"Hi Kyungsoo, hi Baekhyun." They leave each others' sites and Baekhyun shakes his head. 
"That is the worst idea ever. I don't see what that accomplished."
"It just shows that I might be interested in him and that might force Luhan to confess."
"So you're leading him on...?" 
"Now that you put it that way... It sounds bad doesn't it...?" 
"Yeah... But then again, you just said hello. Nothing serious." 
"That's true, so I have nothing to worry about." 
 
***~~~***
 
"Is Kyungsoo trying to replace Jongin?" Kyungsoo stops his search for Luhan and immediately turns to Chanyeol. 
"Are you serious?? If anything, I'm still trying to get him back..." 
"Pathetic..." Baekhyun chuckled. 
"Shut up Baekhyun. Oh there he is!" 
"Who're you looking for...?"
"He's looking for Luhan so that he can befriend him and then find out if he likes Kyungsoo or not. I find it stupid." 
"I don't see any other way of doing it though." 
"There you go taking his side again!" 
"Alright I'm sorry, but tell me another way of doing it and then I'll take your side!" Baekhyun thought for a moment, but couldn't come up with anything.
"I'll be right back!" 
"Alright!" The two of them said in unison. 
"Now who's right?" 
"You are..." 
"Good, continue reading your book. Maybe I'll give you a gift later on if I see progress." 
"Really?! What gift?!" 
"You'll see." 
 
***~~~***
 
Kyungsoo sat down next to Luhan which made Luhan jump a little. 
"Hello Luhan!"
"H-hi Kyungsoo... Did you need something?"
"Nah, I just came over to say hello!" 
"That's all...?"
"You're very shy aren't you... Is that just a thing?"
"Yeah, sorry. I just get shy when I meet new people..." 
"You should grow out of that shell! It's great when you aren't afraid to talk to new people!" 
"I'll try." 
"Here, let me help you. Let's hang out later on and I'll teach you." Luhan's eyes widened and Kyungsoo got confused. 
 
Did I do something wrong...?
 
"You alright...?"
"No-I mean yeah. Nothing's wrong, haha." 
"So, we're hanging out after school?"
"Yeah sure, I'll just tell Jongin about it." 
"Oh... Alright, well good luck with that! Let's meet by the auditorium after school! I have to go now, goodbye! It was nice talking to you!" 
"Goodbye Kyungsoo! And same with you! See you soon!" Kyungsoo walked away and took a peek back at Luhan. He had a small smile on his face and Kyungsoo was more than sure of his instinct. 
 
***~~~*** 
 
School finally ended and Kyungsoo is waiting for Luhan by the auditorium. After 5 minutes, Luhan finally shows up. 
"Sorry for being so late! There was traffic in the halls and I didn't know how to get here!" Luhan bows, but then Kyungsoo stops him. 
"You don't need to bow! We're friends now. And it's alright, this school gets crazy sometimes with the hallways." 
"I'm glad you understand, I don't want you thinking I'm always late or something."
"Don't worry! We actually never planned a time. All I said was after school. Hah, I could've meant 6PM for all you know." The two of them laughed and Baekhyun and Chanyeol walked by. Kyungsoo had told them to both walk by earlier to see what they thought of the situation as of now.
"Hey Soo!"
"Hey guys! Going to the library?" 
"Yeah, Baekhyun's gotta get studying for those exams. But so do I. See you around!"
"Alright good luck!" Kyungsoo turned back to Luhan. 
"I'm sure you've met them before. The shorter one is my best friend, Byun Baekhyun. The taller one is my second best friend, Park Chanyeol." 
"Oh, I see you."
"Do you have any friends yet? Well in Korea...?" 
"Not really... I'm shy so it's hard to make new friends."
"I'll help you make friends! With the club you're in, you'll make a lot of friends." 
"Thanks Kyungsoo! You're awesome!" 
"Nah, I wouldn't help you if you weren't cool!" Luhan felt some butterflies go through him. "Come on, let's get going to the library! We can talk on the way there!" 
 
***~~~***
 
A couple days have gone by and Luhan puts in much effort to becoming closer friends with Kyungsoo. It's a very obvious thing since he would always approach Kyungsoo to greet him and voluntarily go up to his lunch table just to say hello. Luhan would always go to Kyungsoo's locker in the morning and say hello. Sometimes when he gets there fast enough, Luhan would wait by Kyungsoo's locker and walk with him out. 
 
***~~~***
 
Jongin has been getting very annoyed lately that Luhan has been spending less time with him. He found Kyungsoo at his locker. Luhan already left to go home so this was Jongin's chance to get his word out. 
"Hey Kyungsoo, can I talk to you?" 
 
Uh oh... I wonder what it's about...
 
"Sure, what's up?" 
"I see that you and Luhan and are becoming better friends now..." 
"Yeah...? Am I getting in between you two?"
"Can you back off a little?" Kyungsoo wasn't shocked that this was being said to him. 
"Umm... Why is that? Are you guys going out or something?" 
"It's nothing... Like that at all... What're you talking about?!"
"You seem very nervous about it when I ask you. In any case, it's not my fault really. I'm trying to be good friends with Luhan. I'm not taking him away from you, but you can ask Luhan what he wants. If he doesn't want me talking to him, then I'll back off."
"I don't like him like that alright?! Gosh, why does everyone think that?!" Little did Jongin know, Luhan was standing around the corner. Luhan felt very offended that Jongin couldn't tell Kyungsoo the truth. 
 
So Jongin... You can't even tell people the truth... 
 
 
***~~~FLASHBACK---***
 
2 Hours Ago...
 
 
"I don't know why but I feel like I can trust you a lot..." 
"Really? Thanks! I keep secrets very well." Kyungsoo said as he smiled. Luhan and Kyungsoo were sitting on a ledge that was connected to the library. They were enjoying the wonderful weather outside. 
"I want to tell you something... Please keep it a secret... Please?" Kyungsoo was shocked, but didn't deny Luhan's request. 
"Sure... I promise to keep it a secret."
"Jongin and I... We're... Going... Out..." 
"R-really?! Congrats... I guess." 
 
Lucky brat...
 
--------------------
So there you go! I hope things are a bit clear to some people now! Did you guys enjoy that?? :D yeah it's probably still a bit confusing, but things will be a lot clearer later on.... I think.... XD