Giggle

Meant to Be?

GIGGLE

“What’re we going to do about Baekhyun and Chanyeol? School starts in three days and this will be really awkward for both of them.” 
“I have no clue… I wish I could just snap my fingers and make it so that they make up… But unfortunately, things aren’t that easy." Kyungsoo sat up from the bed and looked outside hoping he would get an answer. He wanted just a hint of how he could help his friends, but there was nothing that came to mind. 

***~~~***

The break had ended and everyone was heading back to school. Kyungsoo was really excited to start school again because he wanted to see some more faces rather than the usual he's been seeing. He decided to meet up with Jongin in the cafeteria so they can get breakfast together. As Kyungsoo stepped inside the room, he noticed Jongin sitting in the back, playing on his phone. Kyungsoo walked up to him and hugged him from the back and kissed his neck. 
"Hey, you're here!" 
"I am! You've been here quite a while I presume?" 
"Nah, only five minutes." Suddenly a group of students began making their way into the room as well. It seems as though they had been anticipating something. Kyungsoo and Jongin exchanged eye contact, but no one had an idea of what was going on.
"Hey,  Jongin called his friend over, "What's going on?"
"Kim Hyun Joong is going to ask Park Yoora out!" 
"Seriously??" He noticed Hyun Joong standing behind a wall of people and Yoora was being lead inside with her eyes covered. She was smiling as she was both nervous and excited for the surprise that had been awaiting her. As her friend took her hand off of Yoora's eyes, Hyun Joong was standing there with a bouquet of flowers and smiling as well. He was clearly shaking. 
"Will you go out with me?" Yoora smiled and shyly looked away. She refocused herself at Hyun Joong and walked up to him. 
"YES!" They hugged and the cheers were so loud, you would think they were right next to you. Kyungsoo snapped his fingers and thought of an idea. 
"KAI! IVE GOT IT!" 

***~~~***

Baekhyun sat in class and was being very attentive to the lesson being explained to him. Kyungsoo was impressed to see Baekhyun paying attention. 
"Why're you so attentive? What happened to the lazy Baekhyun that I used to know?" Baekhyun sighed and put his pencil down before looking at Kyungsoo. 
"He's broken, destroyed. He's lost, Kyungsoo." Baekhyun went back to writing down notes. Kyungsoo was taken back by his tone of voice and continued taking down notes as well. 

Diva Baekhyun is finally becoming real. 

***~~~***

Jongin was getting to his next class to make sure that he would get a seat next to Chanyeol. He rushed and passed by Kyungsoo who tried saying hello to him. 
"See you later, babe! I gotta go!" Jongin shouted as he ran down the hall. Kyungsoo shook his head and continued on to his class. As Jongin made his way to the door, he noticed Chanyeol walking in already. Jongin followed him and sat right next to the giant. 
"Chanyeol!" 
"Hey." Chanyeol smiled faintly and took out his notebook. 
"Come on, be happy and smile like before!" 
"I can't. Baekhyun's not with me anymore..." Chanyeol frowned with his sad puppy eyes. 
"Look, I know it's hard, but you still can make it up to him! You gotta keep on trying." 
"I don't think so, Jongin. I feel like it's really over now." 
"Why do you say that?" 
"I tried talking to him this morning and all he would do was say 'uh huh.' And then when I completed like a few more sentences, he asked me, 'Are you done yet?' What am I supposed to do at that point?" Jongin could see the tears forming in Chanyeol's eyes and didn't want to speak anymore. He let Chanyeol wipe away his tears and allow the wound to heal. Jongin made a mistake in reopening the wound.  

***~~~***

Jongin sat down next to Kyungsoo during lunch and shook his head in disappointment. 
"You couldn't get him either?" 
"He's just so upset! Chanyeol did try talking to Baekhyun this morning, but Baekhyun pushed him away." 
"How is this plan going to work?" 
"We can just tell them that we need help and have them go over your house. I'm sure they won't ask each other if they were invited to your house." 
"That could work... This . I never knew how hard it was to cure a relationship." 
"Here they come!" Jongin whispered to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo looked up and noticed that Baekhyun and Chanyeol were walking to the table from opposite directions. They both made their way to the table at the exact same time and was surprised to see the other. Jongin and Kyungsoo felt really awkward in this position. 
"Hey Baekhyun!" 
"Hey Chanyeol!" Jongin and Kyungsoo both said in unison. 
"Hey." Chanyeol said as he placed him in a seat next to Kyungsoo. Baekhyun clearly was not happy about this as he sighed and sat down next to Jongin. Chanyeol was diagonally across from Baekhyun. Jongin and Kyungsoo both looked at each other and the other could feel the other one's awkwardness. 
"So... How was class?"
"Good." Chanyeol and Baekhyun both said in unison. They both looked at each other and then continued eating their food. 
"I'm going to go get a fork." Jongin said as he was getting up. 
"I'll go with you!" Kyungsoo rushed to follow Jongin and left the exes together. They both ate quietly and avoided trying to talk to one another. 
"Hey Baekhyun..." 
"Hey." 
"How was your day?"
"Good." Chanyeol didn't know what else to say so he continued eating his food. Meanwhile on the other side of the lunch room, Kyungsoo and Jongin were both expressing how awkward and uncomfortable it felt being around the two. 
"I don't even know what to do." Kyungsoo said he wiped away the small amount of sweat forming on his forehead from being nervous. 
"I hear you. Damn, this is really awkward for all of us I'm sure." Jongin looked over to Chanyeol and he noticed Chanyeol staring right back. Chanyeol signaled for Jongin to hurry up and at that moment noticed Baekhyun giggling to himself. 
"That's weird."
"What is?" 
"Chanyeol is telling me to hurry up, but I think Baekhyun saw him and he's giggling to himself." 
"Baekhyun only giggles at Chanyeol's... cuteness..." Jongin and Kyungsoo looked to each other and smiled.
"THERE'S HOPE!" They both said happily in unison. 

------------------
Sorry I didn't update the past few days! I have been sick! =/ I'm slowly recovering and now that I'm on Spring Break, you can expect more chapter updates!