Careful

Meant to Be?

CAREFUL

Chanyeol put down the note and began thinking of calming himself down with the possible positive meanings of this note. He didn't want to immediately think that all was going bad. Before anything happened, he quickly called his mom and asked her about the note. 
"I'm not sure what it means, sweety. We need to go see him though. I'll get your father immediately and we'll go tonight. I'll be home in 15 minutes." Chanyeol hung up and began panicking. He didn't want to die, if that was the case. His thoughts varied from death to life. He pondered if he should tell Kyungsoo. Surely his friend would be able to calm him down, but how do you calm yourself down when death is near? Is there anyway? Chanyeol looked at his phone and wondered if he should tell the one person who he really wants right now. The only person who can comfort him in this time of panic; Baekhyun. He sighed and dialed his phone hoping someone would pick up. 
"Chanyeol, how did things go?" 
"Soo, I don't know anymore. Baekhyun and I are going to need some time to think about things, but I just got a letter from the hospital. They said I need to go there ASAP... I'm freaking out because I fear that it's about my heart condition." 
"Chanyeol, calm down. You need to relax, just take deep breaths and try to think positively. You can do this. I'll be over there real quick." 
"Don't do it. My parents will be home any minute now and we'll be going to the hospital."
"You want me to visit you?" 
"I don't want you to visit bad news."
"I told you to be optimistic."
"I can't be! I'm so scared right now. Everything is just going bad. I can't handle all this stress... I... I..." Chanyeol dropped his phone and felt a tremendous pain in his chest. "AHHHHH!"
"CHANYEOL! CHANYEOL!" Kyungsoo yelled over the phone hoping he would answer. When there was no response, he knew he had to make his way to Chanyeol's house. On the other line, the pain was taking away Chanyeol's breath. He couldn't handle his breathing and began feeling light headed. In any moment, it was clear he would pass out. Preparing for what was to occur, he closed his eyes and waited for the lapse of time. 

***~~~***

It was about five minutes before he noticed hands picking him up. 
"CHANYEOL! CHANYEOL!" 
"S-Soo..." Kyungsoo had dialed an ambulance on his way to Chanyeol's house and they arrived just on time. The giant was carried onto a stretcher to the hospital. Kyungsoo stayed behind to tell Chanyeol's parents, but told Jongin to follow him. 
"Please don't leave us, Chanyeol..." 

***~~~***

Kyungsoo explained the situation to Chanyeol's parents and they quickly chased after him to the hospital. Once they got there, Mrs. Park ran up to the counter to find out what room her son was in and as soon as she got her answer, her heels were clicking away. Kyungsoo found it hard to keep up with her and Mr. Park was finding a parking space. All three people were worried for their loved one. Jongin was waiting inside the room as he sat next to Chanyeol talking to him. Mrs. Park barged in and hugged her son with such great force. 
"Oh, my baby! Are you alright? Please tell me you are." 
"I think I am... As far as I feel, I am feeling fine." 
"You scared the living hell out of me! Please, don't do that again!" Kyungsoo was watching before his name was called behind him. It was a whisper. 
"Kyungsoo..." He turned around and noticed no one was there. Goosebumps began forming on his arm and he walked closer to Chanyeol so he wouldn't have to be alone in this creepy building. "Kyungsoo..." Once again, behind him was no one. 

What the hell is going on?!

"Hey Soo... You alright?" Jongin asked. The other two in the room looked at the nervous child. 
"Y-yeah I'm fine. Just scared." 
"Don't worry, I'm sure Chanyeol will be fine." 
"I hope so." Chanyeol said softly. He was so unsure of what to think of this situation. Why would the doctor need him? Why would the doctor need to talk to him and his family "as soon as possible?" There could only be bad news and eventually everyone would know. 
"The bathroom..." Kyungsoo did his best to not hear the voice, but eventually gave in. 
"Guys, I'll be right back." 
"You need me to go with you?" 
"Nah, it's fine." Kyungsoo walked to the bathroom in a hurry and passed by Mr. Park. 
"You alright Kyungsoo?" 
"Yes, Mr. Park. I just need to use the bathroom. I'll see you soon!"
"Okay!" Kyungsoo rushed to the bathroom and his heart was racing because he was so scared. He looked at the mirror and his eyes widened. 
"I-it can't be..."

***~~~***

"Mister and misses Park! I'm so glad both of you came with Chanyeol. I need to discuss something with you..." Dr. Huang looked at Jongin and then Mrs. Park signaled that it was fine. He nodded and continued. "There seems to be a situation that I need to let you know about. We recently did tests to make sure that Chanyeol's heart was functioning well and-"
"Don't tell me I need another heart transfer!" Chanyeol's voice was shaking. 
"Chanyeol, let the man finish his sentence." Dr. Huang cleared his throat and continued. 
"I was hoping you wouldn't run into this satiation before coming here, but Chanyeol needs to be careful with his heart. A large amount of stress can lead to a heart attack and could be fatal." 
"Isn't that natural for everyone?" Jongin was confused and he was sure he wasn't the only one.
"Yes, but Chanyeol doesn't require as much stress as the regular person. I'll give you an example. For the average citizen, numerous actives have to be occurring to trigger that much stress for fatality. However, for Chanyeol, you would only need a small amount of things happening for him... I'm guessing that happened recently." Chanyeol nodded. "Explain to me what it was like and what you were thinking about." 
"I had a fight with someone close... I think I'm losing them and then the note made me even more nervous. I was thinking about both things and how my day was so terrible. I just couldn't handle it and..." Chanyeol began breathing heavily and Mrs. Park held his hand. She smiled with a weak smile and tears in her eyes. 
"That's enough son, just relax. We're all here for you." 
"Thanks mom." 
"I see... I just need you to be on a very careful schedule with your stress because you never know what your body can take. Your heart is working perfectly fine, in other news. Just watch out for your stress." 
"Thank you, Dr. Huang." 

***~~~***

"It's been a long time, Soo." 
"Why did you call me here, Jongdae?" 

--------------------
Jongdae returned! Happy Easter! Yay!!! Hope you guys liked that! Also, don't forget to check out my other fic, if you want to, hehe. ^.^ http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/644954/bullied-for-love-angst-drama-exo-baekhyun-chanyeol-baekyeol