Truth

Meant to Be?

 

TRUTH

Jongin walked back in and saw Kyungsoo setting up the bed. Kyungsoo turned around and wasn’t surprised that Jongin was shirtless.

 

God, you’re so hot.

 

“Um.. you’re clothes are over there.” Kyungsoo points over to the chair in front of his desk.

“Thanks.” Jongin puts on his clothes and Kyungsoo goes to go shower. While Kyungsoo is showering, Jongin walks around and examines the room. He stops when he sees a picture of Kyungsoo and Jongin laughing and pointing at something. He looks closely and sees something.

 

Are we… holding hands? That’s probably by accident or something… Kyungsoo doesn’t like me like that… does he?

 

He walks around some more before sitting on the Kyungsoo’s bed and playing on his phone. Kyungsoo walks in and takes a glance at Jongin and does his nightly things. Once he’s finished, he turns around to Jongin.

“You could’ve the TV or something you know…”

“I didn’t want to touch anything.”

“We were close friends before, so you don’t have to worry about anything.”

“Alright, thanks! Kyungsoo… I have a question…”

“What is it?”

“Were we just friends before?”

“…Yeah… we were close friends… why?”

“I saw this picture and umm…” Jongin walked up to it and pointed it out.

“Oh, that was when we were hanging out on a BBQ at Baekhyun’s house.” Kyungsoo wondered what this picture could possibly mean.

“Oh… alright because… like…”

“What’s wrong?”

“It looks like we’re holding hands…”

“Huh?” Kyungsoo looked closer and they were in fact holding hands.

“That was probably just a mistake in the photo, Baekhyun has shaky hands… Probably just Baekhyun’s skills at the camera.”

“Oh… alright.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

 

I kind of wish we actually were holding hands… wait… stop it Jongin… NO, no stop it Jongin. He’s a guy and you are too!

 

“You alright?”

“Uh… yeah, let’s watch some TV.”

“Sure!” Kyungsoo the TV and flipped through the channels.

“What do you usually watch?”

“Um… I don’t know, those comedy shows are nice.”

“Hmm… I don’t think they’re on today…” Kyungsoo flipped through all the channels and couldn’t find any of them. “Sorry…”

“It’s alright, we can just talk, then. If that’s fine with you.”

“Sure! What do you want to talk about?”

“Um… my old self. What was I like?”

“Well… you are kind of like what you are now. You’re very fun to be around and you make new friends easily. It’s a good time spending time with you…”

“When did I meet you exactly?”

“Umm… not sure, it was a couple weeks ago…”

“Wait… a couple weeks? And how did we become so close of friends?”

“I don’t know… I guess something… clicked?”

“What do you mean ‘clicked’?”

“Like… heartssssssssI-I mean likes and dislikes… I don’t know where I got hearts from…” Jongin chuckled.

“How did we meet?”

“Well… you just moved to our school and the director for our play introduced you to Baekhyun and I. And then after rehearsing with each other, we just hung out a lot.”

“Where did we hang out?”

“At the library, or just at my house… or the mall.”

“Oh… I’m surprised to have such good of friends after such a short time of being here…”

“What do you mean by that?”

“When I woke up, there were three of you to come meet me at the nurse’s office. In my old school, I never had friends like that. I had close friends, but not to the point where they would come running after me.”

“How long did you know them?”

“A couple months… whenever something happened, they just didn’t really help much… now that I think of it, they weren’t even that close of friends…” Kyungsoo chuckled. “What’s so funny?”

“Nothing… nothing. But how did you help these friends of yours?”

“I honestly would give up my own time, even very important plans sometimes to help them out. If they needed someone to talk to or with family problems. Then I thought about it while I was moving here... I was thinking when my good karma would get to me. And then today I realized that it has…” Kyungsoo smiled.

“Thanks… I didn’t expect you to be so used like that… I don’t see how anyone can just use you and throw you away.”

“They didn’t necessarily throw me away, they just didn’t put as much effort as I did…”

“I guess so… and I’m sorry you had such a weird birthday.”

“It wasn’t that weird honestly… It’s the first time I spent my birthday at another friend’s house so it’s different…”

“To be honest, you come over a lot. And we have a lot of sleepovers too.”

“And we sleep in the same bed…?”

“Yeah… I’m not saying you have to believe me when I tell you that, but yeah…”

“I can’t say I can tell if you’re lying or not… But I do believe you.”

“Thanks…”

“Kyungsoo…”

“Hmm? What is it?”

“The old me told you everything, right?”

“Pretty much, except Kai and his past… he didn’t really talk much about his-or your past.”

“I wonder why that is… Anyways… I was just wondering about something when I was talking to Tiffany.”

“Oh yeah… sorry about that…”

“No, it’s fine… They told me that Tiffany and I broke up last year… is this true?” Kyungsoo was sure Tiffany and Baekhyun told him the truth.

“Yeah…”

“And then I asked Tiffany what happened… She said that she did something wrong.”

“She kind of overreacted a bit…”

“Really…?”

“Yeah… what else did they tell you?”

“They told me that we also had a conflict.”

“Oh yeah, you two were in the library when you guys broke up… I was kind of there too along with Baekhyun.”

“What happened?”

“I’m not sure… I was there after everything finished and Tiffany walked away… What did they tell you happen?”

“Well they were vague… but…”

“But…?”

“They told me that it was because I liked someone.” Kyungsoo thought that Baekhyun and Tiffany told Jongin. “But…”

“But…?”

“They didn’t tell me who it was… well they didn’t know who it was. Since the old me told you everything, do you know who I like, or liked?” Kyungsoo’s heart was racing and he wanted to tell Jongin everything. He looked into the beautiful brown eyes of his confused lover and didn’t know whether to lie or tell the truth.

 

What should I do?

 

“Well you like

 

--------------------

I have to end it a cliffhanger don’t I? ;D Awe, poor Kyungsoo! He can’t tell Jongin who he truly likes… or can he…?