Rain

Meant to Be?

 

RAIN

Kyungsoo walked up to Jongin who was trying to find something in his locker.

“Hey y!” Jongin stopped his search and looked up to see Kyungsoo.

“Oh, stop! That’s you!” Kyungsoo smiled and looked inside Jongin’s locker.

“What’re you searching for?”

“I can’t find my science book.”

“Is it this one?” Kyungsoo handed Jongin a science textbook.

“Woah! That is the one! Where’d you find it?”

“In my locker…” Kyungsoo chuckled.

“How did it-” Jongin thought back to the time when he placed it in there, since he didn’t want to carry it home. “Right…”

“YEAH!” Kyungsoo sarcastically nodded and Jongin got up.

“Thanks for keeping it!”

“Why would I throw it out…?” Jongin shrugged.

“Maybe you have some reasons.”

“No!” Jongin smiled and closed his locker.

“Well you want to do anything today?”

“Hmm? Do you have something in mind?”

“Oh, no. I was just wondering.”

“Hm… Not really.” Kyungsoo wasn’t sure what there was to do.

“We can go to the library and get our homework done there.” Kyungsoo immediately thought back a couple of minutes before when he was talking to Tiffany. He smiled at how Jongin’s changed since last week.

“Sure!”

 

***~~~***

 

The two were sitting down doing their homework, but neither of them could concentrate since they were sitting right next to each other and just wanted to get lost in each other’s eyes.

“I… can’t think.” Kyungsoo dropped his pencil and looked up.

“Neither can I.” Jongin laughed and turned to Kyungsoo.

“This is really bad.” Kyungsoo joked.

“Well… it could be worse. We can be failing all our classes and we could be in this situation right now.”

“That’s true… My gosh, that’d be bad.”

“Yeah, I can’t think of being in that situation. Anyways, why can’t you think?”

“I was just going to ask you that…”

“Hey, let’s both right it down and then we’ll show each other!” Kyungsoo nodded and took out a piece of paper and split it in half. They turned their backs to one another and wrote down something.

“Ready to show your answer?” Kyungsoo nodded again. They showed each other the other one’s answers. They both had the same thing written down.

 

You

 

The two of them smiled at how cute that was.

“Aw, you can’t think… Heh.”

“You can’t either!” Jongin didn’t want to lose this one.

“Alright, alright we both can’t think. Um… what do you want to do now? I can’t do my homework... well no, I kind of don’t want to do it now.”

“Want to walk around and get our minds off this stuff?”

“Sure.” They both packed up their books and walked outside.

“It’s quite cloudy…”

“Yeah… Is walking such a good idea?” Jongin was afraid that Kyungsoo would be scared of the thunder.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine! Hey, let’s go get something to eat. There’s a restaurant right across the street and we can feed our empty stomachs!” Jongin thought was a good idea since he was hungry.

 

***~~~***

 

“What’re you getting?”

“Hmm… I’m not sure…” Jongin scanned through the menu and everything sounded so good.

“Are you guys ready?” A waitress walked over to their table and Kyungsoo looked at Jongin. He looked back the waitress and shook his head.

“Sorry, not yet. Maybe another minute.”

“That’s no problem, take your time!” She smiled and walked away.

“Do you know what you want yet?”

“Other than you?” Kyungsoo felt his cheeks turn hot and couldn’t stop his smile.

“Seriously!”

“You’re not being serious though.”

“Aish, whatever.” Kyungsoo looked through the menu and found out what he wanted.

“I know what I want!” Jongin was happy he made a decision and looked up at a smiling Kyungsoo. “What?”

“You’re so cute.”

“Stop…” Jongin smiled and the waitress walked over to the table.

“Ready?” Kyungsoo nodded and looked to Jongin.

“Oh! Can I have the Kimchi Bibimbop?”

“Sure! And what about you?”

“May I have the Jeyuk Bibimbop, please?”

“Sure!” Kyungsoo and Jongin handed her their menus and she collected them and walked away.

“This place is really nice.” Jongin thought the décor was very interesting and soothing.

“It is…”

 

***~~~***

 

They finished their meal and filled their empty stomachs.

“That was sooooo good!” Jongin loved his Kimchi Bibimbop.

“It waaaas, we need to come back here more!” Jongin nodded. The waitress walked over with the check and placed it on the table. Without any hesitation, they both reached for the bill.

“Oh no! You are not paying for this!”

“Why not? I should pay after all that I did to you!” Jongin wanted to pay the bill just this once to get of some guilt leftover.

“Stop thinking about that, I told you it’s totally fine and it’s over and done with!” Kyungsoo smiled and pulled the checked out of Jongin’s hand. Kyungsoo took out a credit card and placed it in the booklet.

“You’re too nice.”

“No I’m not! I just want to treat you!”

“I should treat you, though!”

“And why is that? Give me one reason that makes you want to do it other than guilt.”

“Love.”

“Alright… other than that!”

“Because you deserve everything!”

“Alright… fine, you win. But I’m still paying for it.” The waitress walked over to their table and took the booklet from Kyungsoo.

“Fine…”

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin walked out the restaurant and noticed that it was pouring outside.

“Oh darn it, what do we do now?” Kyungsoo wasn’t sure how to get back to the library in this condition.

“Hmmm…” Jongin took off his jacket and Kyungsoo knew what he was going to do.

“No, you’re going to get sick!”

“Don’t worry about me.” Jongin smiled and covered Kyungsoo’s head and they walked in the pouring rain. Kyungsoo stepped a little over the sidewalk and Jongin pulled Kyungsoo in as quickly as he could. A car ran right passed them while beeping and Kyungsoo made it out in one piece. Jongin couldn’t really tell who was driving the car, but was now a little worried.

 

Was that… Tiffany’s car?

 

--------------------

Aw, what a nice date that they had ^.^ KaiSoo are too cute together.