One

Meant to Be?
 
ONE
 
“T-Tiffany?!” Jongin jumped from his seat. Kyungsoo was just as shocked as Jongin.
“Hey guys…”
“What made you come to this decision?” Jongin asked.
“I just thought it would be justifying for what I’ve done in the past…”
“Isn’t that a little too extreme? You don’t have to do this you know.” Kyungsoo interrupted.
“Yeah, but I figured it’s the least I can do. How is Chanyeol doing anyways?”
“He’s doing fine now. He’s in his room talking to Baekhyun.”
“Gosh, Baekhyun must be taking it really rough… I can’t imagine that poor kid going through all of this.”
“He’s going through a lot…” 
“So that means that I should chip in and help out, right?”
“You don’t have to do this if you feel forced to do so.” 
“Yeah, Tiffany. I think you should think a bit more about this.”
“I’ve thought it through and I even spoke to my parents about it. At first they totally didn’t want me to do it, but then they realized that it wasn’t their choice. It’s been a day sure, but I really wanted to make a difference. Maybe the heart that I give Chanyeol will be the one that’ll make him famous worldwide. Who knows? I want to make a difference in the world in a positive way.” Kyungsoo and Jongin were in disbelief upon hearing that. They couldn’t believe that Tiffany would easily give up her own life to save Chanyeol’s. She hardly knew Chanyeol and all this because she wanted to make up for what she did in the past? It seemed like she was giving too much back for a small incident. 
“I really do want my friend to live… I didn’t think it would mean taking the life of someone else that I knew.”
“Kyungsoo, you want him to live right? Don’t you think this is the thing he’s been looking forward to? A heart?! Baekhyun would love it too!” 
“Love what?” The three of them noticed Baekhyun and Chanyeol standing in front of Chanyeol’s room, “Tiffany?! What’re you doing here?” Kyungsoo and Jongin were silent and figured that Tiffany should speak for herself.
“I’m here to donate a heart to you.” Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s eyes widened.
“Really?! Who’s donating it?”
“She… is…” Kyungsoo pointed to Tiffany.
“What? Seriously? I’m happy, but like… What made you think of doing this?”
“To pay you back for putting you guys through so much before… I made so many mistakes and I feel like this is the only way I can get you guys to forgive me.”
"I think it's too much... I really think what you're doing is too much..." Kyungsoo replied to Tiffany. He knew that Baekhyun and Chanyeol would be extremely happy together, but this wasn't the way to go. 
"It's a tough choice Kyungsoo. Actually, it's not a choice. It's hard to take in the truth. I've already spoken to the doctor. My parents will be talking to them today and I will be finishing up my paper work by tonight so we can start this operation at quickly as possible."
"Tiffany..."
"I've made up my mind, Chanyeol. I'm not backing down no matter what." Everyone in the room knew that they couldn't convince Tiffany to stop what she was doing, but it was too abrupt to take in. Jongin walked up to Tiffany and hugged her. 
"What you're doing is very brave and selfless. Thank you so much Tiffany." 
"You're welcome." Tiffany started tearing. Jongin wiped the tears away and just smiled at her. Baekhyun got up and walked up to Tiffany as well. He gave her the biggest hug and just cried in the hug.
"Why're you crying Baekhyun? You should be happy!"
"I am... Just... Thank you so much Tiffany. I will never forget you. I will never forget what you have done for us... Thank you." 
"You're welcome Baekhyun. I'm glad I can fix this for you guys and let you guys live happily ever after." Dr. Huang walked in and was surprised to see Tiffany in the room already. 
"I suppose you told them already?" Tiffany nodded.
"Congratulations Chanyeol."
"Thanks..." 
"Tiffany." Tiffany looked up to Dr. Huang.
"We have to go now..." 
"Wait!" Kyungsoo interrupted, "let's give one last goodbye..." 
"Sure I'll wait outside." Tiffany turned around to the group and walked to Chanyeol. 
"I want you to do spectacular things with the heart I'm giving you. Hear me?" 
"Yes... I hear you. Thank you Tiffany. I will do the best I can at this second chance." They both hugged and cried. The whole group got together and hugged around Tiffany and Chanyeol. It was a moment they would never forget. 
 
***~~~***
 
Tiffany finished signing the papers and had everything checked to make sure she was ready for the operation. She was very nervous, but knew she was doing the right thing. After hours of waiting and anxiety, Baekhyun and the others finally got word from Dr. Huang. 
"The operation is ready to start..." Nurses walked in and everyone looked to Chanyeol. 
"Good luck Chanyeol." Kyungsoo and Jongin both said to Chanyeol. Chanyeol smiled and thanked them. 
"Babe... I will be here for you always. I'm not leaving your side. Good luck in there. I will always be there with you." 
"Thanks Baekhyun... Thank you so much. I'll miss you the most when I'm in there." Chanyeol and Baekhyun both started crying. 
"If you fellows need some relief, the operation is 90% successful." 
"That's a high number..." Baekhyun looked to Chanyeol. 
"I could still be that-"
"You're that 90... Go ahead."
"Alright..." Chanyeol's heart was racing and he wasn't ready for the operation. It had to be done or else he wouldn't make it. The nurses took him in the operating room. Baekhyun was completely nervous and couldn't control himself. Kyungsoo reassured him that everything would be fine and he would see Chanyeol's smile in just a few hours. This was it for them. This one heart was able to make this one life shine once again. One heart to make many lives smile again. One chance, one life, one heart, one day. 
 
--------------------
I'm so sorry I've been away for like ever! I'm back now! I will be writing a lot more now since college and exams are like over! I'm finally going to have time!! =D thank you for being here while I was so quiet!