Revealed

Meant to Be?

 

REVEALED

Kyungsoo ran as fast as he could to Baekhyun’s hospital room. Running with tears in his eyes, he wasn’t sure if he’d run into something. He didn’t care about his health. Right now, Baekhyun was the only thing on his mind. He couldn’t lose Baekhyun now. When he finally got to Baekhyun’s room, he ran up to his best friend who was laying there helpless.

“Oh my gosh, Baekhyun, please be alright!” A doctor walked into the room and stationed himself next to Kyungsoo.

“Don’t worry, he will be fine. He lost a great amount of energy and just collapsed from not eating.”

“Not eating…?” Kyungsoo knew this boy loves food and no matter how much he ate, he would never gain a pound. But, why would he starve himself.

“Yes, it seems like he didn’t eat for a good 22 hours.” It just hit Kyungsoo that Baekhyun didn’t eat until he made him breakfast yesterday.

“Alright, thank you doctor.” Kyungsoo bowed and the doctor left the room.

“Aish, you’re such an idiot! Why didn’t you eat? You love food and you don’t eat when you’re home alone?! What has gotten into you?” Kyungsoo felt bad for blaming it on Baekhyun, but who else was there to blame?

“Kyung… hyung…” Baekhyun was awakening now.

“BAEKHYUN! Are you alright? How’re you feeling?” Kyungsoo was crying just at the sight of him being in a hospital bed.

“Yeah… I’m fine… I should be out by tomorrow… or the next day…”

“Why didn’t you eat anything?! How come you starved yourself?!”

“I didn’t… have any food prepared… and I tried calling… but you were out… and I didn’t want… to bother… you…” Baekhyun was right. Kyungsoo completely ignored him and spent his whole focus on Jongin. He remembers telling Baekhyun not to do anything dangerous. The one time he wants to listen, it causes him to collapse.

“You’re lying… What is it really?” Kyungsoo knew he would’ve made something eventually. Kyungsoo could hear Baekhyun sigh.

“I’m stupid, I know… Go ahead and tell me.”

“What?”

“I wanted to see if you still cared about me…”

“Baekhyun, that’s crazy! You’re my best friend and of course I would care about you!” Kyungsoo looked back the past couple of days and realized that he’s been neglecting Baekhyun a bit because of Jongin.

“It’s about Jongin isn’t it…?” Baekhyun let out a tear and nodded his head.

“You silly brat, he could never replace you! No one can! You’re my best friend for my entire life and nothing will change that! You will always be my favorite kid in the world and the one that is in front of everyone else! Stop overreacting! I promise you, I won’t be going nowhere and you will always be on the top of my list.” Baekhyun was now crying and so was Kyungsoo.

“I’m… I’m so sorry to have to make you come here.”

“Stop crying, save the energy for your recovery!” Kyungsoo hugged Baekhyun real tight.

“Stop crying already. Where’s that strong, careless Baekhyun?” Baekhyun hugged him back.

“I’m here, just lost.”

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo was waiting in the waiting room until it was time for lunch. He wanted to be the one to give to Baekhyun and no one else. His phone rang and checked to see he got 3 messages from Jongin and 2 from Chanyeol.

 

From: Kim Jongin <3 :)

 

Good morning! :D Don’t forget to eat cereal!

 

From: Kim Jongin <3 :)

 

Are you alright? :O I’ll see you at school okie dokie? :D

 

From: Kim Jongin <3 :)

 

Where are you? D: Hope you’re doing fine!

 

From: Chanyeol

 

Hey, so the thing about Baekhyun…

 

From: Chanyeol

 

Can I still talk to you about him afterschool?

 

Kyungsoo replied to Jongin and told him what happened and why he isn’t in school.

 

And now onto Chanyeol’s problem…

 

Kyungsoo told Chanyeol to meet him at the hospital after school because Baekhyun is here and he doesn’t want to leave Baekhyun’s side. He quickly put his phone away when he noticed the nurse carrying food into his room. Kyungsoo politely asked if he could do the honors and she allowed him to.

“LUNCH TIME BAEK!” Baekhyun was now awake and watching TV. He smiled at the smell of food and his best friend giving it to him instead of some creepy nurse.

“AH, I can’t wait to eat this!” Kyungsoo put it down for him and just sat next to him the entire time.

“Enjoy, but don’t eat too fast, you’ll choke!”

 

There’s that regular Baekhyun again…

 

Kyungsoo smiles and continues to watch Baekhyun as he devours his lunch.

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo waited for Chanyeol at the front of the hospital.

“Soo over here!” Kyungsoo took a look in the distance and found Chanyeol waving his hand while running towards him.

“Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo waved back and together they walked into the hospital.

“So how is Baekhyun?” Chanyeol seemed quite tired from the run so they decided to sit.

“He’s doing much better now, you can say he’s back to being good old Byun Baekhyun.”

 

This is it…

 

“Umm about what I wanted to talk about…”

“Yeah…”

“Does… Does… What does Baekhyun think of me?”

“He… well he wants to be closer to you that’s for sure.”

“Do you think I can go see him?”

“Yeah, I’ll take you to him…”

 

A chance… HIS chance at love… Even though it was meant for Kyungsoo, there had to be a reason why I overheard that… This is the only way to find out… MY chance at love…

 

Kyungsoo opened the door and Baekhyun look towards him with a smile.

“Hello Kyungsoo!” He smiled and waved and Kyungsoo waved back.

“I have a gift for you!” Kyungsoo stepped aside as he made way for the gift.

“Hello Baekhyun!” Right then and there, it was obvious to everyone in the room. The heart monitor went out of out control.

--------------------

You probably thought that Jongin overheard them right? ;D Ironic twist isn't it? ^.^ I try, I hope I didn't bore any. If you've read it up to now, thank you! :D