Witnessed

Meant to Be?

WITNESSED

***~~~A FEW DAYS AGO~~~***

"We should go on an awesome date. Like a really fancy one that the dramas always show!" Baekhyun insisted by nudging Chanyeol's shoulder with his fist. Chanyeol tried swiping away Baekhyun's hand, but all efforts became useless. He finally gave up and sighed. 
"Alright fine, you want to see a movie?" 
"Yes please. Something like that. Staying home is such a drag and I can't even figure out what to do." Chanyeol laughed and placed his long arms around Baekhyun. "You're really bored, huh? Well let's go to the mall today and then we can brainstorm what we'll do in a couple of days?" Baekhyun's face lit up with a huge smile. He clapped his hands together and you could see his eyes sparkle with delight. 
"That would be great!" 

***~~~***

Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked around the mall for about half an hour before settling down in a food court. Chanyeol had gotten a bowl of udon noodles and Baekhyun went with a plate of sushi. They were both eating when they noticed a couple sitting beside them having a great time and laughing. The girl caught Chanyeol staring and he looked back to Baekhyun. Chanyeol coughed softly to get Baekhyun's. It worked, but Chanyeol felt that she knew the both of them were looking at her. 
"I think she knows that we were looking at her." 
"I mean I would, she's quite pretty." Chanyeol looked up and Baekhyun was confused. "What?" Baekhyun swallowed the piece of sushi in his mouth before waiting for Chanyeol's answer. 
"You don't like her do you?" Baekhyun chuckled. 
"Of course not! I'm with you, why would you think that?" 
"No reason. Just curious." Before leaving, Chanyeol would occasionally look back at the girl with the beautiful face. 

Wow she's really pretty. 

"Chanyeol!" Chanyeol was kicked out of his daze and looked to his right. Baekhyun signaled for him to follow. 
"Alright, coming!" Chanyeol ran over to Baekhyun.

***~~~TWO HOURS EARLIER~~~***

"Hair. Check. Face. Check. Cologne. Check." Baekhyun looked around for his wallet and started panicking. He checked under his bed and everywhere he thought the wallet could be. He started patting his pockets and realized that he had left it in his pocket. A rush of relief ran through him, but it quickly ended when he opened his wallet to no money. 
"Damn it... No money. I'll just ask Soo." Baekhyun dialed Kyungsoo's phone number, but there was no answer. Baekhyun shrugged and just took his mom's credit card. He looked around his room to make sure everything was off before leaving. If his mom came home to see the light still on, she would freak out. He locked the door and made his way down to the movie theater for an exicting night. 

***~~~***

Chanyeol walked through the mall looking for some cologne to buy before walking into a store. He looked around and found one that he really liked. It smelled like something Baekhyun would enjoy and so he walked up the counter with. He handed over the box to the cashier and smiled as she handed him the receipt. He thanked her and walked out the store with a smile on his face. From across the section of the mall, he spotted the girl from that one day. She seemed to be upset for some reason. 

I shouldn't... 

Chanyeol began walking out of the mall before quickly turning around and running up the girl. He tapped her shoulder and she turned around with red, puffy eyes. 
"What's wrong? I'm sorry, this may seem weird." 
"My boyfriend and I got into a fight." 
"Oh... I'm sorry."
"Don't be. It's not your fault at all. He's such a jerk to me and I wish he would change. I'm sorry to have to bother you with this. You should go on your way now. I'll be fine." 
"I think I should stay. You shouldn't be here alone like this. I don't have lanned." Chanyeol hugged the girl and looked at her again after he let go. She smiled softly and thanked him. He was glad he could make a stranger's day. He checked the time and wondered how he should say goodbye. 
"You have to go now don't you?" 
"Yeah... Sorry." 
"You shouldn't lie to me like that. It's alright, just make sure you're not late!" 
"Thanks!" Chanyeol rushed off back home to get ready for his date with Baekhyun. 

***~~~***

Baekhyun checked his phone and realized that Chanyeol was already 20 minutes late. He began looking around for giant to be rushing toward him, but didn't see anything to that avail. He saw couples making their way into the theatre and it made him feel sick. He was supposed to be one of those couples today. Baekhyun decided to give up and walk around inside the mall. Baekhyun would constantly check his phone for something from Chanyeol, but there was nothing. Baekhyun was about to turn the corner of a store in the mall before double looking. He spotted a very tall figure hugging a girl. Baekhyun looked closely and it was the girl from the other day, but the boy was too tall and... familiar to be her boyfriend. He noticed the boy checking his watch and running away. Baekhyun noticed him right away... It was Chanyeol. Baekhyun then zoomed off and chased away Chanyeol. 

***~~~***

"Chanyeol!" Chanyeol heard his name as it echoed throughout the parking lot. He turned around to Baekhyun running towards him. 
'"Baekhyun! I'm so sorry I'm late, I need to go change and then-"
"Don't bother. Don't you even lie to me right now. Where the hell were you?" Baekhyun's quiet, but angry tone scared Chanyeol. 
"I was getting cologne... Baekhyun, what's wrong with you?"
"You tell me. Explain to me Chanyeol... Who was that girl?" 
"What gi-" 
"The one from the other day... The one you were hugging a couple of minutes ago... The girl who you chose over me." 
"Baekhyun, I can explain." 
"And I can too. I can explain to you why I know why we can't be together." Chanyeol's heart dropped. 
"Baekhyun, please don't do this!" 
"Chanyeol. You gave up our time to be with her! Explain that to me!" 
"She was in a dilemma. She was crying and I wanted to help her."
"You hardly know her! Why else would you do it? Unless you like her more than me! Is that it?" Chanyeol didn't know what to say. He was in a panicked state and he couldn't think at all. So much was happening and it was taking a while for him to comprehend. Baekhyun shook his head and ran away with tears in his eyes. Chanyeol stood there like an idiot. He wanted to run after Baekhyun, but his legs were glued to the ground. He watched as his ex-boyfriend ran away and all he could do was stand there with watery eyes and a wet face. 

-------------------- 
I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while! Time slips out of my hand so easily! I will do my best to make up to you guys by updating daily like before!