Four

Meant to Be?

FOUR

 

Oh my God!

 

Baekhyun ran over to his collapsed lover. He shook Chanyeol, but the giant wouldn't wake up. Baekhyun dialed for an ambulance and one came within 5 minutes. He followed Chanyeol to the hospital and waited outside the emergency room. Kyungsoo and Jongin made their way to see Baekhyun as fast as possible. 

"What happened?" Kyungsoo asked

"I just went over his house... And I found him lying on the floor..."

"Do you know what caused this?!" 

"I have no clue!" 

"Then I guess we just have to wait-"

"Well... There was this letter that Chanyeol got from the hospital..."

"Did it mention something about a heart disease?" Baekhyun's eyes widened. 

"WHAT?!" 

"I don't think I was supposed to tell you... I'm guessing you didn't read it..."

"I didn't! SOO, WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME?!" 

"He didn't have any serious accidents since middle school, so we both decided that it was not worth bringing up. Now that I see him in this situation... I feel like we should've gotten him checked up earlier." Baekhyun stumbled in a chair and Jongin say next to him trying to comfort him. 

"I can't believe... I can't believe this..."

"I'm sorry I never told you, but I just felt that if I did, your studies would be ruined and then you would be too focused on caring for Chanyeol and not pass. We both agreed not to bring it up-"

"You're saying that you knew his condition was coming back and you kept it away from me? You kept that very important fact away from me, just so you can see me pass some stupid exam?" 

"You needed to pass them! If not, you wouldn't be able to go to college and beyond-"

"SOO, I DOMT CARE ABOUT STUPID EXAMS WHEN MY CHANYEOL'S LIFE IS ON THE LINE!" 

"I'm sorry Baekhyun..."

"Don't be sorry. To think I called you my best friend. I asked you the other day to tell me if anything was wrong and you said no."

"Don't walk away from this. Please stay, I'm sorry, but we couldn't have you being totally distracted by this. We weren't even sure if it was worth worrying about."

“KYUNGSOO! HE IS MY LIFE! IF I LOSE HIM…”

“Stop, don’t say that.” Kyungsoo’s eyes starting to well up as well. The thought of losing Chanyeol meant something very horrible for Kyungsoo and he didn’t want to lose his Happy Virus at all. If it was that bad for Kyungsoo, it would be devastating for Baekhyun.

“Guys, come on, calm down. You need to be optimistic about the outcome of all of this. Please, let’s just relax and hope for the best.” Jongin wanted to make sure that no one would argue over this anymore and just make peace. He didn’t want to see two best friends fighting one another when their other friend is laying on a hospital bed.  

“Jongin’s right… We should stop arguing. How would Chanyeol react to this when he wakes up and finds out that his best friends aren’t talking anymore.” Baekhyun knew Kyungsoo was right. He didn’t reply and just nod. He sat down in a chair and covered his face in his hands. Kyungsoo sat down next to him to comfort him. Jongin smiled about the fact that everything was over, but was still very uneasy about Chanyeol.

 

Please let nothing happen to him… Please…

 

***~~~***

 

“Do I really need to do this?”

“You want my name don’t you?”

 

Why do I need to do aegyo for him?! Why do I even want to know his name?! Ah!

 

“Well…? I’m waiting for your aegyo.”

“I… I don’t know how to do aegyo…”

“That’s such a lie! With a cu- I mean, with a personality like that, you sure can!” 

 

Damn it, almost lost my cover!

 

Luhan looked confused as the boy in front of him smiled nervously about his last sentence.

 

Was… Was he about to say “cute?”

 

“Uh…” Luhan took in a deep breath and put his hands into fists. He smiled shyly and put his hands up to his face, “bbuing, bbuing…” Luhan’s face heated up and he could feel the embarrassment.

“What was that?! There was no emotion in it! I want an authentic one!” 

“What?! I gave you my aegyo, now give me another letter!”

“Not until you put more emotion into it. You’re so monotone with it!”

“Ugh!” Luhan took another deep breath and, “BBUING BBUING!” Luhan immediately turned around red while Oh Kid bursted out laughing.

“HAHAHAHAHA! That was great! Ah I wish I recorded that! Oh my gosh, you should’ve seen yourself!” 

“You promised me a letter!” After Oh Kid settled down from all his laughing, he gave Luhan a text message.

“I sent it to you.”

 

H :)

 

Luhan was shocked by the smile.

 

Does this mean… He likes me…?

 

“Why the smile?”

“Because you made me laugh today. Ah, that was great. Thanks for making my day.”

“No problem… Why can’t you just tell me your name!” 

“Sheesh, so impatient! Just wait a bit, you’ll eventually know my name.”

“I’m sure you have friends! I will find your friends and they will know your name and I will know it to so I won’t have to keep on playing this stupid game.”

“If you say so…” Deep down, the Oh Kid really didn’t have many friends. He was a loner in his own grade.

“You do have friends right?”

“Huh? Yeah! Of course, plenty of friends!” He answered while also feeling bad for lying.

“Good, then I’ll just find them and then I’ll know your name for sure!” The Oh Kid just laughed and Luhan wasn’t sure why. 

 

Good luck… I don’t think you’d find much if you asked my… yeah…

 

***~~~***

 

Baekhyun felt a shaking on his body. He wasn’t sure what it was, but all he wanted was more sleep.

“Baekhyun… Baekhyun… Wake up.”

“Not… now… Sleep!” 

“Did you forget about Chanyeol?” Baekhyun’s eyes popped open and he looked at Kyungsoo with a scared face.

“Where is he?! Is he alright?!”

“The doctor came out just now, he’s going to tell us what’s wrong. I wanted to wake you up so you would hear the report.”

“Is it… bad?” Baekhyun turned to the doctor. The doctor just stared back at him, “Well is it?!” The doctor’s shoulders fell and so did Baekhyun’s heart.

“Chanyeol’s condition is getting worse… He won’t be able to make it if we don’t have the right heart in time…”

“Wh…What? You’re lying… How long does he have?” The doctor sighed again.

“Four days…”

 

--------------------

Hey guys! I’m so glad that I can finally write and update! :D I MIGHT be a little bit slow with updating this week, but I’ll try to get around 5 chapters in. By the way, I’ll be making a new fanfic starring BaekYeol soon! I’m still thinking of the title, but the plot is pretty much set to be rolled out. ^.^