Recover

Meant to Be?

 

RECOVER

 

“I… What is going on?”

“What’re you talking about? You tell me! What happened to being loyal to one another?!”

“Jongin…” Jongin turned around and glared at Luhan.

“You stay away from Kyungsoo!” Kyungsoo grabbed Jongin and he turned around.

“What is going on with you Jongin?”

“What’re you talking about? I’m totally confused here!”

“Wait… What do you remember…?”

“I remember being at my locker… a little dazed… OH! I remember calling you on the phone! And then… It was all dark… Everything went blank to me… and then suddenly… I’m here… I don’t remember how myself and then I saw HIM kiss you.” Kyungsoo’s face was lit up with a smile and tears falling down his face. He wasn’t 100% sure if the real Jongin had come back to him, but this was enough. “Kyunggie, why’re you crying?”

“Kai, you’re finally back! I’ve missed you for so long!” Jongin looked to Luhan with a confused look. Luhan was still holding onto his cheek when, but was standing up now.

“I was only at my locker… Why do you miss me so much?”

“You don’t know… You don’t know how long you’ve been gone…” Kyungsoo was crying so hard and hugging Jongin tightly.

“You want to fill me in? Sorry for hitting you… I am not sure what’s going on, so if that wasn’t what it was, then sorry.” Jongin said to Luhan.

“It’s fine…” Luhan’s eyes were watery and he was also ready to cry.

“Hey don’t cry now, I can’t have both of you crying. Someone please fill me in!” Luhan shrugged and they both looked to Kyungsoo. Jongin patted Kyungsoo’s back. “Come on Soo, quiet down. Tell me what happened.” Kyungsoo got a hold of himself, but was still sniffling from here to there.

“Kai… You lost your memory…”

“What?!”

“Yeah… It sounds strange, but you really did.”

“What’re you talking about?! That’s a lie isn’t it? Kyungsoo quit playing jokes on me!”

“Check your phone… Check the date…” Jongin took out his phone and looked at the date. It read May 15th, 2014. His eyes widened and he looked to Kyungsoo slowly.

“I was gone… for 4 months…?” Kyungsoo nodded his head slowly. Luhan was in a complete daze.

“Wait… You lost your memory for 4 months and you were with Kyungsoo before you were with me?”

“I was never with yo-”

“You were… You guys were going out… You broke up with me a little while after you regained consciousness.  It was about a week after you woke up… I was in a complete shock. It was Hell without you…” Kyungsoo began tearing again.

“Kyungsoo… I’m so sorry that all that happened to you… I really couldn’t do anything myself. If I had actually been able to control myself, I would never have let you go on like this by yourself.” Jongin began tearing and hugged Kyungsoo really tightly. “I’m probably the worst boyfriend to you ever. Please forgive me! I will always be here with you. No matter what happens, I hope you’re there with me too. I want to be with you for the rest of my life.” Kyungsoo couldn’t help, but smile and take everything in. It felt all like a dream and nothing was waking Kyungsoo up. It was beautiful and Kyungsoo’s heart felt like it had finally been fixed. After so many months of being crushed and shattered, Jongin had come back to clean up the mess and rebuild his happiness.

“Thank you… I forgive you.” Luhan smiled and stared at the two of them hugging. His heart was broken, but he didn’t really mind.

 

As long as Kyungsoo is happy… I’m happy right…? No… What can I do though?

 

Luhan sighed and began walking away.

“Luhan!” Kyungsoo called out.

“Yeah?” Luhan turned around. Kyungsoo walked up to Luhan.

“That thing that you did… Don’t worry about it. I won’t see you any different, all right? You don’t have to worry about me thinking you’re a creep or whatever. You’re still a good friend to me. I’ll help you find that special person in your life, don’t worry.” Luhan smiled and nodded.

“Thanks Kyungsoo… I should get going… Congrats on getting Jongin back.” Kyungsoo hugged Luhan.

“We will find that special someone in your life. Don’t worry.” Kyungsoo smiled and so did Luhan. Luhan loved that hug and will always cherish it.
“Thanks… Goodbye Kyungsoo. Goodbye New Jongin… or… Old Jongin!”

“Bye!” They said in unison and Luhan walked off. Kyungsoo turned around to Jongin and smiled at how wonderful his life just got.

“Why’re you all happy now?”

“MY BOYFRIEND IS BACK!” Kyungsoo jumped in Jongin’s arms and hugged him for the longest time. Jongin didn’t mind because he felt Kyungsoo really needed the hug.

“Yes I am… I won’t be leaving you either.” Baekhyun was in a complete shock when he saw Kyungsoo and Jongin hugging.

“Kyungsoo…” Kyungsoo turned his head to the voice and saw Baekhyun standing there with his books in his hands. “What’re you doing…?” Kyungsoo smiled.

“Kai… He’s back…” Baekhyun’s face lit up with a smile.

“Really?!” Baekhyun dropped his books and ran up to Jongin. He grabbed Jongin’s face and started pinching it.

“Is this a dream? I think it’s a dream!”

“Yah, what’re you doing?!” Jongin brushed Baekhyun’s hands away from his face.

“It’s payback for pinching my face that one time at the hospital.”

“What… Oh… I didn’t know you were supposed to pinch your own body parts.”

“Idiot.”

“Hey guys, come on now! Can we please just be happy that Jongin’s back!?”

“Yeah… fine…” Baekhyun walked up to get his books and walked over to the two again.

“Wow… Kyungsoo you’re really lucky and happy now aren’t you?”

“I love him so much!” Kyungsoo had not let go of Jongin yet at all.
“Baekhyun… Want to explain to me what happened? Kyungsoo said I lost my memory…”

“Yeah… You did…”

“I don’t get how this is all true…”

“The thing I’m wondering is… How did he regain it back?”

“I think that kiss triggered it…”

“What kiss?”

“Luhan kissed me…” Baekhyun’s eyes widened and looked to Jongin.

“Really?”

“Yeah… And then I punched him… and that’s when I ‘remembered’ everything.” Jongin stumbled a bit and Kyungsoo got worried.

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah… my head… it’s pounding…” Jongin was about to fall when Kyungsoo caught him.

“What’s going on?” Baekhyun quickly helped Jongin get up.

“I… Don’t… Know…” Jongin’s breathing got heavier and heavier and were his eyes. He couldn’t keep them open anymore and eventually they shut.

 

--------------------

KaiSoo is back! :D I’m so happy for them. That pinching scene was actually a reference to a very early chapter. Haha. xD I was so pumped to write this and here you go!