Unbelievable

Meant to Be?

 

UNBELIEVABLE

“I can’t believe it was so simple! But we still need some more clues as to what this means.” Chanyeol tried thinking of what NEAR TIMES SQUARE could mean.

“You think he traveled to New York?” Kyungsoo was worried that this was a possibility.

“That’s not possible. It would take about 14 hours to get from here to New York…” Kyungsoo’s phone rang with another clue.

 

Set your eyes on the beginning.

Enough with the thinking.

Only the first will allow you to read this.

Under any circumstances must you follow.

Left with only 7 hours.

 

“Seoul… That’s it! The Times Square Mall in Seoul!” Chanyeol and Baekhyun both jumped up.

“Wait, let me see that riddle.” Chanyeol read it and understood what it meant. “Ah… It’s only giving you instructions on how to read it. We’ve already done that so the context of the hint itself isn’t very useful.”

“You sure are bright… Wow.” Kyungsoo was shocked at how smart Chanyeol really was.

“It comes from my dad, anyways, let’s go!”

“How’re we going to get to Times Square?! Wouldn’t there be a lot of traffic too since it’s New Years?” Baekhyun had a point, they couldn’t get the police involved in this. Kyungsoo’s parents were gone for the night with Baekhyun’s parents.

“I can get my mom to drive us… Or I’ll just drive myself…” Chanyeol’s suggestion didn’t seem so bad to the other two.

“I guess that works, but wouldn’t your mom be mad that you skipped out on helping her to go to the mall? Wait wait… did you say YOU’LL drive?!” Chanyeol nodded. “You’re not 18 yet!” Baekhyun was concerned that his love would get arrested. “You’re not going to drive.”

“Baek, I look like I’m old enough to drive anyways.” Baekhyun shook his head.

“Maybe your height, but not your face!” Chanyeol blushed, but Kyungsoo quickly interrupted this conversation.

“Alright, can we please stop flirting and make our way to Times Square Mall?”

“How’re we going to get there then, please tell me that.” Baekhyun crossed his arms at the one who ruined the fun moment for him.

“We can… I’m not sure…”

“What about Jongin’s mom?” Kyungsoo suddenly realized that she might not know about this. “Does she even know what’s going on? AND his dad!”

“Are you comfortable with them?”

“Not really…” Kyungsoo hadn’t really bonded with them that much. Only when they picked up Jongin from school and hanging out did he really see them.

“I guess we’ll have to take the bus and trains.” Baekhyun shrugged before putting his coat on and getting ready to head out.

“Baek’s right, we have no other option.” Chanyeol and Kyungsoo followed on!

 

***~~~****

 

The next few lines had come in as the three boys were sitting in the train.

 

Just 6 hours left to complete.

Only you can decide his fate.

Never forget who you’re fighting for.

Give up now and you can forget about him.

In the end, it’s all for nothing.

Nothing’s good about him.

 

Kyungsoo was angry at how he could say this about Jongin. Chanyeol patted Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“Hey, don’t worry about it, we’ll make it in time to save him! You can be assured of that!” Kyungsoo smiled as he looked out the window of the train.

 

We’re coming Jongin, we won’t leave you behind. I can never do that, after all that we’ve been through.

 

***~~~***

 

“Next stop, Times Square.” The announcer woke up the dozed off Baekhyun and he jumped up.

“How can you sleep in a time like this?!” Chanyeol didn’t seem to like Baekhyun being so relaxed about this.

“Chill out Chanyeol, we’ve got this under control so it doesn’t matter now does it?” He shook his head and exited the train as its doors opened.

“There are so many people!” Kyungsoo couldn’t believe how many people there were on New Years Eve.

“Well we just need to go to the mall and just look at where the sun comes out and-”

“Where though…? What hint does it tell us where to go specifically?” Chanyeol was feeling impatient having to wait for the next hint. “Soo, what time is it?” Kyungsoo checked the time on his phone and noticed a message.

 

How’re you doing in this search?

Upon the statue will you see where to look.

Many questions to who I am.

All will be clear when you read the next.

Now focus and it’s all worth it.

 

“It’s… 6:40…”

“What took so long?” Kyungsoo showed Chanyeol the message.

“This seems different. Not only did he contact us 20 minutes early, he also has a new tone in this one. He’s trying to make us get Jongin… Now focus and it’s all worth it.”

“Then why would he hurt him?” Kyungsoo was really confused on what’s going on.

“I’m not sure, we’ll find out when we get there. For now, I know the location, it’s the human statue in that area.”

“How do you know this?”

“The word HUMAN is spelled out isn’t it?” Kyungsoo took another look at the riddle and realized he was right.

“We just need to find where that statue is and-”

“FOUND IT!” Baekhyun’s voice was almost inaudible due to the roar of the crowd around them. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol ran up to Baekhyun and he pointed to the statue. “There it is!” He wasn’t wrong at all. It was a green statue that has the body of a human but it was weirdly built to all have meet in a middle point. Four bodies walked out in opposite directions.

 

***~~~***

 

The three boys ran up to the statue and looked on where they were facing.

“Make sure you check where west is, we need to go towards that direction.” Kyungsoo checked the compass and he turned to west just as Chanyeol had wanted.

“This way!” It was now 7 and the hint came in just on time.

 

Finally you have cleared the obstacle

Although you seem worried about the location

There lies a transport for you in the end

Have no worry, hurt will not come your way

Enter it with peace

Ready for the final task?

 

The three boys was completely shocked at the word that came along with the riddle.

 

FATHER

 

--------------------

I’M SO SORRY THIS TOOK A WHILE TO FINISH! I had a lot of work to get done and I only had the nights to work on this! I also had to really look into some things to get this to really work. I hope you guys enjoy and I will have another chapter or so tonight as well! :D