Confusion

Meant to Be?

 

CONFUSION

What did he mean by all of that? What should I think?

 

Kai walked into Baekhyun just as they both turned the corner.

“Oh, Kai, hello. What’re you doing here?” Kai rubbed the back of his neck and just smiled.

“Uh, Mrs. Gil told me to get you guys and she gave me directions to your locker.”

“Ah, alright, we’ll be there in just a minute.”

 

That’s strange, I told him we were going to the nurse, not my locker. Did he hear what I told Kyungsoo?

 

Kai turned around and walked back towards the auditorium. Baekhyun stood there a little confused at what just happened. He walked back to Kyungsoo who was now practicing his vocals.

“Save it for the stage Romeo.”

“Shut up Prince Charming!” Baekhyun grabbed Kyungsoo’s wrist and ran to the auditorium.

 

***~~~***

 

“Are you alright Kyungsoo? How’s he doing?” Mrs. Gil seemed quite worried about Kyungsoo. But then again, she should be worried. Kyungsoo was the star of the show, the main character.

“Uh… yeah. He’s doing fine now, the nurse said he just needs to eat.”

“Alright, well Kyungsoo, are you ready to practice?” Kyungsoo nodded and got on stage fighting off the feeling to freeze when looking at Kai. Kyungsoo nodded at Baekhyun and Baekhyun nodded back.

“From the top! 3, 2, 1…  AND…!”

“Girl, I can’t explain what I feel…”

 

***~~~***

 

“Well that wasn’t so bad was it?” Baekhyun patted Kyungsoo’s back before taking drinking water.

“Nah, I feel much better now.” Kyungsoo smiled before thanking Baekhyun.

“No problem hyung! Ready to go home now?” Baekhyun got up before taking Kyungsoo’s hand.

“Yeah, sure! Just let me go to my locker and get my stuff.”

 

***~~~***

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo reached his locker before finding a note inside.

 

Great job today! Um… It’s me Kai. This is my number: xxx-xxx-xxxx. I have a few questions about the play.

 

“Hey, look at that, Romeo’s getting his present!” Baekhyun winked and Kyungsoo just smiled and laugh. But deep down inside, Kyungsoo’s stomach was ready to burst with butterflies. After gathering all of his belongings, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun made their way to the front exit of the school.

 

***~~~***

 

Romeo…?

 

***~~~***

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo only lived across the street from each other so it didn’t matter who went to whose house first. They agreed to go to Baekhyun’s house first since his mom was home and preparing food. Kyungsoo loved helping his mom cook.

“Good afternoon boys!” She greeted with a sunny smile.

“Good afternoon mom!” They yelled back in unison. It wasn’t weird for either of the two to call the other’s parents mom and dad since they knew each other since birth. They made their way to Baekhyun’s room and plopped down on his bed.

“So, you’re going to give Male Juliet a text?” Baekhyun loved teasing his hyung about anything and always gave a wink sometimes.

“Shut up.” Kyungsoo was blushing and took the note out. He started dialing the number and sent a text with butterflies all around his stomach.

 

Hey! It’s Kyungsoo :) sorry about earlier! Ah… What did you need to know?

 

“Even adding a smiley face! This is serious!” Baekhyun was looking over Kyungsoo’s shoulder as he sending the text.

“Shut up! I added it because-” –Beep- and the text message sounded.

 

It’s no problem, I hope you’re doing alright now :) and I just wanted to know a couple things:

1)When is the actual play?

2)What’s it about?

3)When do I have to be there for practice?

 

“LOOK! A smiley face Baekhyun! A SMILEY face!” Baekhyun gave Kyungsoo a weird face before Kyungsoo settled down and replied.

“You are just one happy nutball.”

 

Still… How did Kai know where my locker was? There’s got to be more to this! Should I tell Soo?

 

“AH BAEKHYUN!!!!” And with that, Baekhyun snapped out of his thought and immediately turned to his best friend’s scream.

“What is it now?”

“He asked to hang out with me! Tomorrow after school!”

“You know you’re getting your end of the happiness, but where’s mine?” Baekhyun was getting jealous that Kyungsoo was able to happily talk to his crush while he’s still in the mud on his side.

 

***~~~***

 

I’ll guess I’ll just have to ask him tomorrow after school… if that’s what it takes.

 

------------------

Well that’s the end of this chapter! Awe poor Baekhyun not getting Baekyeol status! I don’t want to say too much! ;D Hope you guys enjoyed this one! ^.^