First

Meant to Be?

 

FIRST

“I LOVE YOU!” Jongin smiled and put his arms down and let out a breath. Kyungsoo was full of tears and completely confused at the scene before him.

“Wh-what’s going on?” The attacker just seemed to freeze and stay in place. Kyungsoo could later see that he was laughing and the laugh was awkwardly familiar.

“Chanyeol…?”

“Yup!” Chanyeol removed his mask and revealed his face, which showed a great big smile on his face.

“Jongin…” Kyungsoo whispered as Jongin turned around.

“What you just said…”

“I… I…” Jongin walked up to Kyungsoo and put his index finger on Kyungsoo’s lips.

“It’s alright if you didn’t mean it.” Jongin faked a smile before walking towards Chanyeol whose smile was now gone. Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol and he knew that this was all planned out.

 

What do I do? Do I tell Jongin that I love him?! What if he finds it creepy? Would it be the right thing to do to just keep it away from him?

 

“It’s alright Chanyeol, you can tell Baekhyun” Jongin made a thumbs down and stuck out his tongue.

“Ah, sorry Jongin.” Chanyeol patted his friend’s shoulder. Jongin started tearing up now.

“Hey, what’s wrong…?” Jongin shook his head and ran out of the room.

“JONGIN, WAIT!” Chanyeol tried running to him, before being stopped by Kyungsoo.

“Chanyeol, tell me what’s going on.”

“Isn’t it obvious to you already? Don’t you see it Soo?” Kyungsoo thought about it for a second.

“Jongin thought of this idea…?” Chanyeol nodded.

“He wanted to be sure of your feelings. He’s sure of his. I guess not everyone can get what they want…” Just then, the front door opened and closed.

“There he goes… Aw, what a poor kid. I wonder what it feels like to be rejected…”

“You’re making me feel guilty.”

“Am I…? Oops… Sorry.”  Kyungsoo let out a sigh.

“Chanyeol, what should I do?” Chanyeol gave him a weird stare.

“Well… you can always go up to Jongin and tell him your true feelings. That’ll fix things.”

“Baek told you didn’t he?”

“Honestly, even if he didn’t, I would be able to tell.”

“How?”

“The way you guys are always together. You guys are like inseparable. And then that night when Baek and I called our rooms and you guys were stuck with each other. None of you argued about anything. You guys all accepted it and even kind of smiled.” This made Kyungsoo realize that Jongin did like him back.

“Go Soo, you’re going to get him eventually. Fix his heart.” Baekhyun walked in the door as the other turned to face the door. “Don’t let this drag out any longer. The feeling of rejection can do so much to a soul.”

“Jongin’s not that stupid-”

“It’s not whether he’s stupid or not. When your heart is broken, you can’t think. You’re mind is in a boggle. You do so many things and then you’ll eventually regret them.” Kyungsoo just stood there accepting the whole situation before him. Chanyeol walked up to him and grabbed his shoulders while shaking him.

“YOU’RE GOING TO LOSE YOUR CHANCE! GO, NOW!” Kyungsoo finally snapped back to realization.

“A-Alright, I’ll go off then. But, where can I find him…?”

“Think of where he would be… Where did you guys spend a great deal of time?” Kyungsoo thought about and there was no other place than the library.

“Wish me luck.” With that, he ran off and went to find his broken-hearted lover.

“Baekhyun, we are just a great pair of y fellows aren’t we?”

“y and a goofball.”

“You’re such a cute goofball.”

“YAH! I meant you!” Chanyeol smiled and pinched Baekhyun’s cheeks.

 

***~~~***

 

Jongin, please don’t do anything stupid. Just wait for me please!

 

Kyungsoo ran as fast as he could to the library. He heard some ruffling in the bushes near him. He stopped and looked at them, it seemed fine. Maybe it was the wind.

 

I’ll get you soon.

 

Kyungsoo finally arrived at the library after 7 minutes of running. He went to the back where there was a beautiful garden and in the center of it sat a crying Jongin. Kyungsoo smiled as he spotted his love.

 

There he is!

 

Kyungsoo walked up to Jongin.

“Hey…” Jongin looked up and didn’t seem really surprised.

“Hi… Sorry to see me like this, something just came-”

“Jongin.”

“Kyungsoo…?”

“What do you think of me…?” Jongin hesitated for a second before letting out a deep breath.

“I think that you’re the most wonderful person I have ever met. I think that you are the most glorious thing to happen in my life. The first day I met you, I felt it already. I wanted to get closer to you right then and there. I wanted to express all my feelings to you, but I knew I had to slowly take it. I didn’t want to creep you out or anything and now… Sorry about now.” Jongin began crying again.

“Seems like we have the same feelings then.” Jongin’s face shot right back at Kyungsoo’s.

“Wh-what? R-really?!” Kyungsoo nodded.

“I couldn’t help it when I first met. My whole world froze. I stood there like an idiot as I thought ‘Oh my God.’ It was pretty obvious wasn’t it? Every single moment I got to spend with you here and at school and everywhere else was just great. I didn’t regret any of it. I loved it all and I cherished every moment we had together. It was all until today that I finally realized how you feel. I felt like such a fool when I didn’t say it the second time… How could I know what you felt? I wanted to be sure myself of how you felt and that’s why I didn’t say it a second-”

“Third time.”

“Huh?”

“You murmured it last night.”

“…Then can I ask you something…?”

“What is it…?”

“I had this dream and… don’t get creeped out by this… did you kiss me…?” Jongin stood up and looked Kyungsoo right in the eyes. He leaned in closer and closer to Kyungsoo. Their eyes began closing. Their lips connected while both of them were conscious.

“Did it feel like that?” In just one second, the feelings of love can be sensed around these two. The feelings of relation, connection, understanding. It’s all worked it’s way up to finally have this moment. And then in just another, everything can be crushed. Kyungsoo didn’t answer, he couldn’t answer. His whole world completely shut off. Jongin’s eyes widened and couldn’t believe what happened before his eyes. He didn’t understand then what happened. He wasn’t sure if it was nightmare or reality. It seemed like a horror movie. Kyungsoo fell to the ground and a pool of blood starting forming around Kyungsoo’s body. The whole scene could be described in one word, one sound: Bang.

 

--------------------

I’m sorry that I had to end the chapter like this! D: I actually had thought about this for a while. While I was writing, I saw that I could finally get the chance to apply my thought here. Hope you guys enjoyed! ^.^ And I know I said 2 days, but I forgot I was connecting flights and there’s wifi at the airport. Some crazy stuff going now! >:D