Realization

Meant to Be?

 

REALIZATION

“W-what…?” Kyungsoo snapped back to reality.

“Oh no, I was talking to Tiffany.” Kyungsoo felt his heart shatter. He dropped to the floor and began crying. Jessica and Baekhyun snap back to reality as well and comfort Kyungsoo. Jessica takes him away.

“What just happened?”

“Oh… nothing did.” Baekhyun didn’t want to tell Jongin what happened at all.

“Um… Jongin…” Tiffany looked to Baekhyun and then Jongin.

“What is it babe?”

“We… last year… 2013… we broke up…” Jongin couldn’t believe it himself.

“What? Why? We were so happy? What happened between us?”

“I did something wrong…”

“What did you do?”

“I… um… we had a conflict… I can’t really explain… I forgot most of it…”

“Please try to remember…” Tiffany looked at Baekhyun and sighed.

“You like-”

“You liked someone else and you broke up with Tiffany to not hurt her and you told her the truth. Tiffany was fine with it because you told her the truth rather than cheating on her.” Baekhyun interrupted.

“Oh… I’m sorry I did that… I think…”

“Don’t worry about… I’m over it now and you should get over it, too! It happened a while ago. I’m sorry Jongin.”

“It’s alright… I’m not even sure what to think. But… Can you tell me who I like, or liked?” Baekhyun and Tiffany exchanged looks trying to figure out what to say.

“I… we have no clue honestly… You never told either of us…”

 

Maybe I told Kyungsoo….

 

“Thanks…” Jessica peeked at Baekhyun who saw and he nodded, which meant that Tiffany told Jongin that they’re not dating anymore.

 

***~~~***

 

 

“Kyungsoo, Tiffany broke up with Jongin.” Kyungsoo had his head down while sitting on the floor and he put his thumb up.

“Oh come on, why’re you being like this. We fixed as much as we could for you.”

“Thanks Jess… but the fact is still there that he might still like Tiffany.”

“I’m sure he doesn’t… He didn’t cry or anything.”

“Maybe he will later…”

“Be more optimistic! Come on, get up and talk to Jongin.”

“I’ll try…”

 

***~~~***

 

“My mom says she’ll be here in about 10 minutes, by the way…”

“Alright, is she going to take you to the hospital?”

“Yeah… Can you guys come with me?” Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Jessica were surprised that he wanted them to come, but they agreed. Tiffany had already gone home before Kyungsoo got downstairs. She said her goodbye to Jongin and apologized to Baekhyun also before leaving.

 

***~~~***

 

“Hi mom…”

“Hello Jongin… How is he?” She turned around to Kyungsoo.

“He’s fine… Nothing out of the ordinary.”

“My poor Jongin…”

“I’ll be fine mom! Let’s go to the hospital please?” They drove off towards the hospital.

 

***~~~***

 

“How much do you remember?”

“I remember that it was April 12, 2010 what seems like yesterday…”

“Alright… We’ll do an MRI scan and see what we can find.” Jongin laid on the bed and it moved into the scanner. The doctor observed the activities of his brain and was trying to figure out what was wrong. After 20 minutes of scanning, Jongin finally came out of the room with the doctor. Kyungsoo and Mrs. Kim stood up.

“How is he?”

“It seems that his condition could be permanent… There’s a chance that he could recover… But I’m not sure how long that’ll take.” Kyungsoo felt his heart drop, but he had to keep the tears in. “We’ll let you know if we find anything else.”

“Alright… thank you doctor!” They bowed and the doctor walked away.

“Mom… Can I spend the night at Kyungsoo’s…?”

“Sure, but any reason?”

“I feel like he knows me more than anyone right now and could help me figure out who I am…”

“That’s alright dear. Kyungsoo is that alright with you?” Kyungsoo nodded.

“Yes, yes it is!”

 

***~~~***

 

Mrs. Kim dropped Jessica off and then Baekhyun, and finally Kyungsoo and Jongin.

“If you need anything, just call me alright Jongin and Kyungsoo?”

“Alright, thank you! Goodnight!” Mrs. Kim drove off and Kyungsoo brought Jongin into the house.

“Wow, you have a very nice house.”

“Heh, thanks.”

“You live here alone?”

“Oh no, my parents are out.”

“Do you have any siblings?” Kyungsoo thought of Jongdae and shook his head.

“No… not really…” They walked up to Kyungsoo’s room.

“You can sleep on my bed tonight and I’ll sl-”

“No, I can’t do that! You’re the owner! I’ll sleep on the floor and you sleep on the bed!”
“No, you’re the guest so you should sleep comfortably!”

“I got an idea, why don’t we just call Baekhyun and ask him?”

“Fine… Let me call him then.” Kyungsoo dialed Baekhyun’s number and he picked up.

“Yes Soo?”

“Kai and I are trying to figure out who gets the bed to sleep in tonight. I told him he should get it because he’s the guest and he says I should take it because I’m the owner.”

“Ah… here’s a simple solution. You two both sleep in it. Goodbye! Chanyeol’s over.” Baekhyun hung up and the two looked at each other.

“If you don’t want to-”

“Oh, it’s fine! I guess my bed is big enough for both of us…” Kyungsoo knew more than well that it was big enough for them. “You can go shower first if you’d like, I’ll shower after you. I’ll get things ready for you when you finish.”

“Okay, sure. How do I work it?”

“…Oh right…” Kyungsoo showed Jongin how to work the shower and gave him a towel.

 

You won’t catch me off guard like the first time.

 

Kyungsoo closed the door and Jongin locked it.

“If you need anything, just scream! I’ll leave the bedroom door open, so that way I can hear you!”

“Okay!” Jongin the hot water and stepped into it. He let the hot water pour onto his head and thought about what happened the past few hours.

 

I’m surprised that I didn’t cry when Tiffany and I broke up… but… No… there’s no way. That’s just crazy. I don’t… do I? No, no I don’t… I don’t like him! No way…

 

--------------------

Seems like his mind is gone, but not the way his heart beats for Soo! ;P