Bar

Meant to Be?
BAR
 
All the hours and days of waiting for someone to respond. They finally got their response, but it wasn't what they expected. To have someone they formerly know give up her heart to save their friend was both courageous and shocking. No one was sure of how the operation would turn out. Sure there was a 90% chance, but anything could happen. So far anything has happened in the past year. So many things have happened and there was more that can. Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Jongin all waited in the waiting room constantly checking the sign to tell whether or not the operation was completed. Baekhyun felt like the minutes were days and couldn't stand the wait so he took some sleeping pills to help him doze off. Kyungsoo and Jongin stayed awake to keep an eye on Baekhyun. How could they fall asleep? They were too nervous to fall asleep. Kyungsoo decided to pass the time with doing some research to relieve his anxiety. Jongin just watched as Kyungsoo did his research. In the end, all the time that passed was only 2 hours. The operation was still in it's full and not ending anytime soon. At the 4 hour mark, a nurse walked out and explained that the operation is still not completed. 
"Ah! How long will this operation take?! I'm losing my mind!" Baekhyun ruffled his hair. The sleeping pill had a weak effect and Baekhyun woke up not too long ago. 
"I'm sorry, we're trying to get an estimated time, but there doesn't seem to be one soon. I will let you know when I get word of one." 
"Thank you." Kyungsoo shot a look at Baekhyun, "Would you be nicer next time? She's just a nurse!"
"Shut up." Kyungsoo was shocked at Baekhyun's words. 
"Wh-what?" Baekhyun sighed.
"Sorry... I'm just so worked up and I don't know what to feel. I'm tired of waiting and nervous." 
"It's all right... I know how you feel." Jongin patted Kyungsoo's back and smiled at Baekhyun. 
"Don't worry, just believe that he'll get out successfully and he will!" 
"Thanks Jongin..." 
"Want to take a walk?" 
"Yeah, why don't you and Jongin take a walk and I'll stay here. I'll call you if anything is up." 
"What do you say, Baekhyun?" Baekhyun shrugged and signaled to go outside. 
"I'll be back babe." Jongin pressed his lips against Kyungsoo's forehead. 
"You better and with Baekhyun." Jongin and Baekhyun walked off outside and Kyungsoo was left with his laptop. He was just surfing the net, but could not get his mind off what was in front of him. The door that lead to Chanyeol's operation. Kyungsoo heard a Facebook message on his computer go off and checked it. 
 
Jessica...?
 
Hey Soo! What's up? I haven't spoken to you in a LONG time! How is everything? 
 
Kyungsoo thought he had much time to explain so he began typing. 
"Geez that reply is taking a while." 
"Hang on Jessica, I have a lot to type- wait..." Kyungsoo looked up and saw Jessica standing in front of him, "JESSICA!" 
"KYUNGSOO!" Kyungsoo set his laptop aside and jumped up to hug his friend. 
"What're you doing here?? How did you get here?? Don't you have school??" 
"So many questions! Calm down!" Jessica chuckled, "Well I told my dad that I needed to return back to Korea immediately because I heard the news... Chanyeol..." Kyungsoo's happiness fell when he thought about Chanyeol.
"Oh yeah..." Kyungsoo pointed to his left, "he's in there..." 
"And Tiffany...?"
"Her heart..."
"Oh... Well at least Chanyeol will be better... Right?" 
"Doctor said there will be a 90% chance this operation will be successful."
"That's a good perfect! Have faith!" 
"I do, I do! Trust me..." 
"This is odd..." 
"What is?" 
"Chanyeol is being operated on and his boyfriend isn't around. They're still together right? BaekYeol?" 
"Of course they are! Baekhyun went to take a walk with Kai to ease their minds. They'll be back soon- I FORGOT TO TELL YOU!"
"What?!" 
"KAI'S MEMORY IS BACK!" 
"Really?! That's great Soo!" Jessica hugged Kyungsoo and Jongin walked in just in the knick of time. Jongin pulled Jessica away from Kyungsoo and glared into Kyungsoo's eyes. 
"What do you think you're doing?! You pushed me away so you can talk to some girl?!" 
"Wow Jongin... 'Some girl' thanks..." Jongin recognized the voice and turned around. 
"J-JESSICA!" Jongin hugged Jessica and Kyungsoo was left chuckling. 
"YOURE BACK!" 
"SO ARE YOU!" 
"What?" 
"Your memory, it's back!" 
"Oh yeah! Haha, I didn't know what you were talking about at first."
"Glad to hear it's back."
"Glad to be back, but thanks." 
"Where's Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo said while searching the room for his best friend.
"He went to the bathroom." 
"You just left him alone? You sure that's safe?" 
"Yeah... Why not?" Kyungsoo got up and went to the bathroom to search for Baekhyun. 
"Which floor?" 
"This one." 
"I forgot not to leave him alone." 
"Wait- why...?" Before Jongin got a chance to finish his question, Kyungsoo ran to the bathroom that was on the floor he was on. 
"What's wrong with Soo?" 
"I have no clue..." 
 
***~~~***
 
"Please tell me he's in there." Kyungsoo quickly opened the door to the bathroom and didn't see anyone inside. "BAEKHYUN!" No one responded.
 
.
 
Kyungsoo ran outside and tried looking for some trace of his friend. Baekhyun was also not answering his phone so things were getting worse. 
 
Let me check something here... 
 
Kyungsoo took out his phone and looked something up. 
 
He's probably there...
 
***~~~***
 
"ID please." Baekhyun pulled out his fake ID to the security guard, "Oh... You're the special guest. Come on in." 
"Thanks." Baekhyun walked into the bar that he would occasionally go to from former connections. He sat at his usual seat and was greeted by his friend. 
"Hey Baek! What's up?" 
"Just really... Eh too much. Give me the strongest thing you have Shindong." 
"Got it." Baekhyun noticed his phone vibrating. He checked and saw it was a call from Kyungsoo. 
 
He's probably wondering where I am. 
 
Baekhyun ignored the call and put it on silent. Shindong came back with a glass of the strongest alcohol he had to offer to Baekhyun. 
"Ah this'll help me get things off my mind." 
"You sure you don't want to talk about it?" 
"Nah, I'm good." 
"Alright then..." Shindong walked away and Baekhyun grabbed a hold of his drink. Before he got the chance to sip it down, he heard a familiar voice right next to him. 
"What the HELL are you doing?!"
"Kyungsoo..." 
"ANSWER ME!" The whole bar got quiet and looked at the scene that was unfolding.
"Shhhhh! You're causing a scene!"
"I DON'T CARE! I TOLD YOU TO NOT DRINK YOUR PROBLEMS AWAY!" 
"Kyungsoo let's talk outside!" Baekhyun dragged Kyungsoo outside. 
"Why did you come here?" 
"Well... I had to get my mind... Off things..." 
"So you drink? Remember the last time you drank? You got caught in trouble with a gang. You know how dangerous you get when you're drunk?"
"Soo... I'm sorry." 
"Baekhyun, you could've been killed!" Baekhyun sighed and remembered that terrible day. 
"Please don't do this. Chanyeol would recover only to find out that you've been beat up or killed because you were drunk. How would he feel? He pushed you to make you drink?" Kyungsoo's phone rang. 
"Hello?"
"The nurse came to speak to me..."
 
--------------------
Hope you guys enjoyed that! ^.^ I'm going to make a HunHan chapter in just a bit! Right now I'm focusing on this situation.