Fright

Meant to Be?

FRIGHT

Kyungsoo jumped and sat right back up.

“Eh… I’m so sorry about that. That won’t happen again.” Kyungsoo rubbed his neck and nervously laughed.

“It’s alright, I don’t mind.” Jongin smiled and Kyungsoo turned his head to Baekhyun. He mouthed an “I hate you” to him.

“I’m done with this movie! I’m gonna go upstairs!” Kyungsoo got up to turn on the lights.

“You guys can continue watch-” The TV and lights all went off.

“Alright, enough with your games.” Kyungsoo turned around in the darkness. “Guys… Alright… C-come on now…”

“AH, KYUNGSOO HELP ME!” Kyungsoo heard something fall and was trembling right now. The thunder struck and Kyungsoo yelped.

“COME ON, STOP NOW! I’M SCARED!” Kyungsoo had a great fear for thunder and things were even worse since he was watching Paranormal Activity in the dark… Everything was dark.

 

My phone! , where is it?!

 

Kyungsoo remembered he left it upstairs in his room. He gulped before making his way to the couch.

“HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIT!” Kyungsoo felt a hand grab his leg. “LET ME GO!” He started kicking the arm with his other foot.

“Soo, calm down!” It was Jongin who grabbed Kyungsoo’s leg.

“Damn it, I’m so sorry Jongin! I didn’t mean to step on your arm! It was ju- AHHHHH.” Someone else grabbed Kyungsoo’s leg and he repeated what he did with Jongin.

“IT IS SO FUNNY MESSING WITH YOU!” Baekhyun got up laughing and searched for Kyungsoo’s figure in the darkness.

“You’re a terrible friend!” Kyungsoo’s voice was really shaky right now.

“Aw, you don’t apologize to me like you do with Jongin? How cute.” If the lights were on right now, they could see how red Kyungsoo was.

“Sh-shut up! W-where’s Chanyeol?”

“I don’t know…”

“Baekhyun, seriously come on.”

“No, seriously I don’t know! CHANYEOL, COME ON, HE’S GOING TO PEE HIS PANTS!”

“Alright fine, party pooper.” As Chanyeol rose from behind Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo jumped and yelped again.

“Can we make it through the next hour without the chance of me having a heart attack, please?”

“Ah, alright fine! Chanyeol and I will go to my house.”

“Wait! You’re going out in this weather?”

“Goodbye!” The two said in unison before making their way out of the house. It was raining heavy outside.

“So I guess it’s just you and I.” Jongin kept quiet until now.

“Did you guys plan this?”

“Oh no, we seriously didn’t!” Kyungsoo let out a sigh.

“Alright, well let’s find some candles to illuminate this house a little bit.”

“We can always use our phones.”

“Where’s yours? Mine is upstairs…”

“Mine is too… Ah who needs candles, let’s just brave it out!”

“Um… you want to go up there… without any light source…?” Kyungsoo nervously asked.

“Yes! It’ll be an adventure!” Kyungsoo didn’t want to agree. Not one bit of him wanted to say “Yes” but in the end, he couldn’t help it.

“Alright fine…”

“Lead the way, it’s your house.” Kyungsoo started his way for the stairs carefully walking making sure not to knock anything over and stepping on anything.

“It’s up this way…” The two stood there and Jongin was confused.

“Lead the way… please…” Jongin finally caught on now.

“Alright, stay behind got it? Don’t want you getting dragged away like in the movie.”

“Must you bring that up?” Jongin chuckled and started making his way for the stairs.

“Jongin… Can you hold onto my hand… Not like anything, but I’m just scared now…”

“Sure, no problem!” They searched for each other’s hands in the darkness. Kyungsoo finally got a grip.

“Thanks Jongin.”

“For what… I’m still searching for you hand…” Kyungsoo could feel himself ready to cry.

“THEN WHO AM I HOLDING ONTO?” This made Jongin laugh and he couldn’t keep it up anymore.

“I’m kidding! It’s my hand! Come on, grab my hand.” Kyungsoo grabbed on and they walked up the stairs together. When they got upstairs, Kyungsoo could faintly see the hallway and the doors before him.

“Which room is it again?”

“Here, I’ll go…” Kyungsoo lead the way and they finally arrived at the front of the bedroom door. He opened up the door and made his way to where he was charging his phone.

“That’s odd… My charger is still plugged in and what not, but my phone isn’t here…”

“My phone isn’t here either…”

“What?!”

 

Just great…

 

Just then, they heard something fall downstairs.

“Um… Jongin… It’s just us in this house right…?”

“Yeah… The last time I checked…” There was some banging coming from downstairs now.

“J-Jongin… Wh-what do we do?!”

“Don’t worry… We’ll just lock ourselves in here to hold our ground.” Kyungsoo was now crying.

“I don’t want to die… I don’t want to die!”

“We’re not going to die Soo! I’ll protect you!” Jongin grabbed the shaking Kyungsoo. He hugged the younger back.

“I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO!”

“I won’t let anything happen to you! Just calm down! They’ll hear us!” It seemed a little too late for that, but Jongin thought they might have a chance. The banging got closer and closer. Jongin felt Kyungsoo crying into his shirt now.

 

This kid is really scared…

 

The banging finally reached the door. Kyungsoo tightened his grip on Jongin.

“OPEN UP!” Jongin “shh”ed Kyungsoo. There was more banging on the door now.

“I SAID OPEN UP!” There was a huge bang now, like the body tried going for the door.

“Just run out and protect yourself. If I don’t make it out… It’s been nice knowing you. You have to live… You’ve already been harmed a lot by so much. I can’t let more harm be done to you.”

 

I can’t let him do this! I don’t want to lose him!

 

“Wouldn’t I be in more harm if you go?”

The door swung open and Kyungsoo screamed. The figure before them seemed to have some sort of club in his hand. He was walking up slowly to the two kids now.

“STAY BACK! I WON’T LET YOU HURT HIM!” Kyungsoo tried pulling Jongin back.

“DON’T DO THIS JONGIN!”

“Don’t worry Soo, it’s not much of a loss.”

“JONGIN… DON’T DO THIS… I CAN’T LOSE YOU!” Kyungsoo went on…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I LOVE YOU!”

 

--------------------

End of chapter! ;D Well… Hope you guys liked that! Sorry for holding back on a confession for so long! I needed to build up some hype… xD Anyways, I didn’t expect myself to write something like this. It just came about as I writing. Well, I won’t be able to give you updates until another 2 days. I will have a handful of chapters done for you guys though! Going on a plane back from vacation. Stay tuned until then! I’ll be writing a good amount on my plane ride! ^.^ JALJAYO!!