Bed

Meant to Be?

BED

 

“I’m sorry to say that… I just don’t know how either… Tiffany’s heart was a very strong heart and the doctors said that everything should’ve worked out.”

“No… No… This can’t be happening, no… CHANYEOL!” Baekhyun ran to the door, but Kyungsoo held him back.

“S-stop it Baekhyun…” Kyungsoo hid his crying face from Baekhyun to try to be strong in front of him, but it didn’t work.

“Why’re you stopping me, Soo?”

“What’s the point of going in there? You can’t even communicate with him even if you did go in there.”

“I could still see him while he’s breathing! I want to see him before he goes!”

“You’re speaking as if there’s no hope left!”

“You heard Jessica!”

“And what if he does make it?! You would make a fool of yourself.” Baekhyun relaxed his arms and looked at Kyungsoo.

“This is my boyfriend… I can’t let him die without knowing that I wasn’t right by his side.”

“You are. You’re here for him, right now.”

“No… It’s not enough… Wait…”

“What is it?”

“I-I’ll give him my heart! I could donate my heart and everything will be better!” The others’ eyes just widened.

“Baekhyun, no!” Kyungsoo wanted Baekhyun to stop thinking like this, “What would Chanyeol do when he recovers? He would be heartbroken and then just not be happy. Would he want to be living knowing that his boyfriend gave up his heart to heal him? Sure that’s a really sweet thing and all, but he wouldn’t be able to live without you!”

“B-But he has to live! He has to live Kyungsoo! He has to… He’s my life.” Baekhyun dropped the ground and cried out loud. Kyungsoo crouched down and tried his best to comfort his friend.

“I know how  you feel… He’s one my best friends and losing him would be terrible for me, but we just have to hope that everything is alright.”

“There’s still hope Baekhyun.” Jessica added to help out Kyungsoo, but nothing was working. Baekhyun’s cries were so loud and nothing would register in his head. Nothing made sense to him anymore. He was angry and sad that something like this would happen to such an innocent boy like Chanyeol and would make him suffer so much.

 

***~~~***

 

After a while, Baekhyun finally calmed down and went to Chanyeol’s room. He sat down next to the bed where Chanyeol laid on before his operation.

“You were right here before… Just a few hours ago, I would see that wide smile of yours… Now you’re in that operating room and we don’t know if you’ll make it…” Baekhyun let out a deep sigh, “Please Chanyeol… you have to make it… There’s nothing more in this world that I want.” There was a knocking on the door and Baekhyun looked up. It was Kyungsoo and he walked towards the bed.

“I know you probably want to be alone, but I want to be here for you…”

“Thanks Soo… I don’t mind you being here… I’m just lonely right now and I could use you here.”

“What have you been thinking about?”

“I just want him to make it… That’s all. I want him to smile at the world again, I want to hold hands and have him take me to get ice cream.”

“In the slight chance that his operation doesn’t succeed, what will you do?”

“I… I know I should probably think of that… But I just don’t want to… You know? It’s something you know could happen, but you’d rather think of the positives instead.” Kyungsoo smiled at Baekhyun’s optimism.

“It’s a good thing that you’re thinking like that.” He looked to Chanyeol’s bed and just remembered when he was there a few hours ago.

 

You were right there in front of us… Hanging out with us… Now you might not make it…

 

Kyungsoo began shaking and tearing. Baekhyun got up and patted his shoulder.

“Please don’t cry. Be strong for me, will you Hyung?” Kyungsoo tried stopping the tears and nodded, but it didn’t work. Baekhyun started tearing up too, “Come on Soo, don’t do this.” Together they cried on each others’ shoulders. Jongin walked in and felt a hint of jealousy at the scene in front of him, but he knew it didn’t have much meaning than friends. He sighed and walked up the two.

“Soo, Baek… I think you need to come here this.” Both of their hearts were uneasy and they knew this wasn’t good news.

“Sure…” The three of them walked to Jessica and there stood a nurse with a clipboard.

“Yes? Is something wrong, nurse?”

“Chanyeol’s condition has worsened… At this point…” Baekhyun felt like the world was coming to a complete end. He couldn’t hear her quite well and his vision started becoming blurry from the tears. He snapped out of it and tried focusing in on the nurse once more.

“I’m sorry… What happened?” He looked around and everyone had an upset face on, “Don’t tell me…”

“I’m sorry, sir…”

 

***~~~***

 

“Baek, Baek, Baek. Wake up, Baek.”

“Hmmmm? What time is it? What’s going on?” Baekhyun tried focusing his vision on what was in front of him and eventually he found himself in a hospital bed with Kyungsoo staring at him, “Soo? What am I doing here?”

“You passed out… Luckily we’re in a hospital, so all we had to do was take you to this room and just have you rest. The doctors said it was from dramatic news and you just couldn’t take it.”

“What news…? It’s not true is it?”

“You don’t want it to be true…?” Kyungsoo looked worried and Baekhyun was now confused.

“Wait… What happened?”

“Remember? The nurse told us that Chanyeol’s operation would be a success and he would be finished in about two hours. You probably got really excited and couldn’t take all of it in.”

“But… Wait, he’s not dying?!”

“Of course not! Look to your right!” Baekhyun looked to his right and noticed someone waving at him. At first he couldn’t figure out who it was, but soon he realized and his heart started beating 1,000 beats per minute. It was the one person in the world he loved and the smile he had on his face just melted him completely.

“It’s… OH MY GOD, IT’S CHANYEOL!”

 

--------------------

I’m sorry this was a little bit late! I had the chapter written, then I rewrote it because I didn’t like the old one! Hopefully this one is better! xD And finally we’re done with all this hospital nonsense! Ahhhhhhh! ^.^