Gradual

Meant to Be?

 

GRADUAL
Jongin jumped to see that rehearsal had gone overtime today. Mrs. Gil turned around to the shocked Jongin.
“Ah, welcome Jongin! Are you here to rehearse today?” 
“Ah, no sorry, I’m not ready. I’ll practice at home and come back tomorrow ready.”
“No problem. Now boys, you want to finish that song.” Kyungsoo couldn’t go on, he felt everything shaking. He couldn’t focus on the lyrics and he just wanted to run away. That’s what he did, he ran away. 
“Kyungsoo- Baekhyun, where are you guys going? JESSICA?! My main characters!” Jongin was really worried on what was happening. 
“What’s going on with them?” Jongin was too stunned to hear Tiffany’s question.
“Earth to Jongin!” 
“Huh?! Oh, what happened?” Tiffany giggled.
“Nothing, anyways, I have to go now. I’ll see you tomorrow! Bye, Jongin!” Tiffany hugged Jongin and walked away. 
 
***~~~***
 
“KYUNGSOO, COME BACK!” Baekhyun was more athletic than Kyungsoo, but for some reason, he couldn’t catch up to him. “KYUNGSOO!” It seems like he was in a world of his own, just running and running. Running away from any voice he could hear. Jessica ran passed Baekhyun and eventually caught up to Kyungsoo. 
“Why’re you… running…? Where… are you running… to?” Everyone was in need of catching his or her breaths. Kyungsoo just stared at her and said nothing.
“Come on, you have to say something.” 
“Come on Soo, say something.” 
“I… have nothing to say… What do you want me to say…?” Jessica hugged Kyungsoo and Baekhyun hugged both of them. 
“We’re here for you, don’t run away from us. We’ll just chase after you and catch up to you. There’s no point.” Kyungsoo let out a sigh and everyone let go.
“Thanks guys… That message that Jongin sent about being bored with Tiffany… He was lying wasn’t he Jess…?” Baekhyun was totally lost by this. 
“How?”
“I saw him… smiling and laughing, right before he saw us. He was having such a good time with her. Left me for her and then comes in showing it off…” 
“Just talk to him about it, he’ll tell you.” Kyungsoo nodded seeing that it was the only choice he had left. 
“Come on, let’s get back before Mrs. Gil explodes.”
 
***~~~***
 
Jongin saw the others walking in and finally snapped back to reality. He knew that they knew what just happened. He felt extremely awkward in this situation.
“Sorry Mrs. Gil, we totally forgot something and had to go get it.”
“What’d you forget, Jess?”
“Well we-”
“We forgot to tell Mr. Song the truth about what happened during our break. He wanted a story and we told him. We thought that lying about it and tell him how boring it was could make him sad if he found out.”
“That’s… nice…” Jongin knew that it was being directed towards him. “Can we wrap this up, please?” Kyungsoo and Baekhyun went through the song once more and finally finished things up.
“TOMORROW AFTER SCHOOL!” 
“Yes ma’am!” Jessica, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo all bowed and made their way to the door. They stopped to see Jongin sitting in a chair alone. 
“Baek and I will go on ahead, we’ll catch you later.”
“Who said-” Jessica pulled Baekhyun out of the auditorium and left the two alone. 
“You probably hate me, don’t you?” Kyungsoo shrugged.
“I can’t say I’m happy now, but I don’t hate you. I just got jealous I guess.” 
“Of what? I told you that you’re mine. How come you’re still worried?”
“Kai, sorry. I'm just worried. It's nothing, don't worry about it. I'll get over it. Sorry to have overreacted." Kyungsoo walked away before being grabbed by Jongin. 
"How many times are you going to-"
As Kyungsoo turned around, Jongin placed his lips on Kyungsoo's. 
"I love you Do Kyungsoo. You're so silly." Kyungsoo couldn't help, but smile. 
"Ah Kai... I-" Jongin kissed Kyungsoo again. 
"Shh... Everything all better now?" Kyungsoo nodded. 
 
***~~~*** 
 
Over the course of the week, it seems like the same events played over and over every single day. Kyungsoo wakes up and goes to school ready to see Jongin. Everyone rehearses and Tiffany is here and there throughout the day, but it doesn't seem like much. Kyungsoo goes home and worries start to him because of the way Jongin is texting him. He's reassured at night when they talk on the phone and fall asleep happily. These events seem to go on even during the weekends. Instead of school, Kyungsoo is home just passing the time by talking to his friends, or just doing some homework. It's Sunday morning and he's expecting Jongin to come over so they can hang out. 
 
"Hmm, I wonder if he even woke up yet." Kyungsoo checked the time and it read 10:47.  "He should've woken up by now..." Kyungsoo tried calling him, but no answer. Suddenly, he heard a knocking on the door. He opened it and was surprised to see Jongin standing in the doorway. 
"Hey Kyunggie! I wanted to surprise you!" Kyungsoo smiled and hugged him. 
"Glad you made it!" They spent the day just hanging out as they usually do. Some making out, some watching TV, and then just talking. 
"What time did you tell your mom to pick you up?"
"7." 
"We've only got like 15 minutes left. We'll wait outside then." Kyungsoo and Jongin walked outside and sat on the porch. 
"Today was great, thanks for coming over!" 
"Thanks for having me over!" 
"You're the best!" Kyungsoo hugged Jongin and kissed him on the cheek. 
"Nah, that's all you!" 
"Noooooo!" 
"Fine, we're both the best." 
"Alright, fine fine it would never end if none of us gave up." 
"Hey Soo... Sorry if I don't kiss you as much as I used to..." Kyungsoo thought about it and Jongin did reduce the amount of kissing they did. 
"Any reason...?" 
"If we do it too much, wouldn't it just ruin the true meaning of it? It'll just become so regular and have no specialty to it." 
"I guess so..." 
"Sorry about that... I just want it to have true meanings for us." 
"Sure, I understand." Jongin smiled. "Glad you do!" Jongin's mom beeped the horn and he stood up to leave Kyungsoo. 
"I'll text you later, okay?" 
"Okay!" Jongin walked away and waved goodbye as his mom drove off. 
"So Kai... That's it then..." 
 
---------------------
Just when you thought they were getting better... Aish. XD