Rehearsal

Meant to Be?

 

REHEARSAL

Kyungsoo did his best to avoid Jongin as he walked through the halls in the morning.

 

From: Kai <3 :)

 

Where are you? :O

 

Kyungsoo felt bad for ignoring his text message, but he needed time to think about what to do with his feelings. Should he listen to them, or is he getting the wrong sign from them? He walked into Jessica who knew exactly what was going on.

“Why’re you avoiding him?”

“How did-”

“He’s been looking for you for the past 15 minutes. I told you, if you needed anything, then just tell me.”

“I didn’t need anything. It was just over thinking, that’s all. What should I do…?”

“Hmm… Well, you’re trying to find an answer to a question that has multiple answers.”

“That makes it easier, right?” Jessica shook her head.

“Nope, it’s different for everyone… That’s the problem.” Kyungsoo’s shoulders dropped.

“Ah, it’s hopeless…”

“Why don’t you just tell him your true feelings?”

“You don’t understand how much I want to, but every time I start, something stops me and I just end covering the truth… I also don’t want to tell him because I feel like he’ll find me so obsessive and worrisome. I’ll just play it off until something new happens.”

“That’s not a good way to go, but it sounds like a temporary plan. I don’t want you to be this way and if it means that you’ll be sad, why not break up with him?”

“I’m scared he’ll leave me… I want him to stay. I want him to be there with me forever, but the fact that Tiffany came back is something different.”

“I see what you mean now… Well for now, stick to your plan and I help you figure something out. I’ll talk to you later, my class is on the other side of the building.” Kyungsoo and Jessica hugged and she walked off to her class.

“Now to deal with- ahhhh.” Jongin was standing in front of Kyungsoo right when he turned around. Jongin didn’t seem mad or happy to see Kyungsoo.

“Well… Hello Kai, good morning!” Kyungsoo nervously spoke and waved.

“Did you get my messages?” Kyungsoo took out his phone slowly and checked.

“Oh wow, I totally did not see them…”

“It’s alright, anyways, we have like 5 minutes until the bell rings, want me to-”

“Jongin, I was wondering, are you busy today? Want to hang out at the library?”

“I… uhh…”

“Great, so I’ll see after school then!” Tiffany walked away and Kyungsoo was turned around when Jongin turned back to Kyungsoo.

“I’ll see you at rehearsal after you’re done with her, then.” Kyungsoo walked away and Jongin grabbed his wrist. Kyungsoo pulled his arm to get out of Jongin’s grip, but failed. Jongin turned Kyungsoo around.

“What’s wrong with you? You’ve been acting weird lately?”

“Nothing’s wrong! Trust me, if there was anything wrong, I’d tell you! Let me go, I have to get to class.”

“Tell me what’s wrong.”

“There’s nothing wrong, now let… me… go…” Kyungsoo did his best to pull out of Jongin’s grip. Jongin felt a hand grab his arm. He looked up to see it was Chanyeol.

“Just let him go.” Jongin nodded and let Kyungsoo go.

“I’ll see you later, thanks Chanyeol. Bye Kai!” Kyungsoo waved and walked off.

“What’s wrong with Kyungsoo lately?” Chanyeol shrugged.

“Maybe it’s just one of those days.”

“Nah, he’s been like this for a while…” Just then, the bell rang.

“I’ll catch you later Jongin, bye!” Chanyeol waved goodbye and walked off to class. Jongin walked to his class pondering about what could possibly be bothering Kyungsoo.

 

***~~~***

 

“Ready Jessica?” Jessica nodded as Mrs. Gil was ready to start the music.

“HEY JESS! YOU GOT A PART?” Baekhyun shouted as he was walking into the auditorium.

“YEAH! SHE LET ME BE THE MAID!” Jessica could hear Baekhyun laughing and she stomped her foot. He jumped and stopped. Walking behind him was a sullen Kyungsoo.

“Mrs. Gil, hang on.”

“The play is in 2 weeks! Let’s hurry, please!” Jessica got off the stage and walked to Kyungsoo.

“Hey, everything alright?” Kyungsoo shook his head.

“It doesn’t matter, the play is more important.” Jessica looked to Baekhyun and pointed to Kyungsoo.

“What’s wrong?” She whispered. Baekhyun signaled her to come closer.

“Jongin went to the library with Tiffany and totally blew off rehearsal. It’s bad enough to leave rehearsal for her, but to leave Kyungsoo for Tiffany…” Jessica looked towards Kyungsoo with a sad look on her face and then turned back to Baekhyun.

“There’s nothing much we can do, right?” Jessica shrugged.

“I honestly don’t know… I want to help him, but how?” Baekhyun also shrugged.

“CHILDREN!”

“Coming Mrs. Gil! You better get on stage and take Sad Soo with you.” Jessica walked on stage and began rehearsing her part. Baekhyun walked over to Kyungsoo.

“You feeling alright?”

“I guess… Let’s start rehearsing.”

 

***~~~***

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were preparing to take their turn on the stage. The scene was nearing its end and this is when the two boys would walk out and start singing to finish up the play. The two walked out onto the stage opposite of each other from the back. The ending started off with Kyungsoo and Baekhyun talking about what love is.

“I wish I knew what love was.”

“Don’t worry, there are so many chances out there in the world, you can almost reach out and grab it.”

“I heard it comes from the heart…”

“Oh it does. Millions of people wonder what love is.”

“What is Love?” What is Love begins to play. As the two are finishing up, the door to the auditorium opens and Kyungsoo is ready to wrap up the song when he looks out onto the crowd to see who just entered.

“My babe, baby babe, baby, ba…” Kyungsoo saw Jongin walking in with Tiffany and how happy he was to be with her.

 

It was boring! I wanted to be with you the entire time! I wish I didn’t have to leave you… :(

 

That very text message came back to his head and couldn’t concentrate.

“Soo, finish the line. What’re you-” Baekhyun’s eyes widened as he saw Jongin smiling with Tiffany and laughing while walking in. He froze and Jessica knew something was up.

“Boys, can we just finish the song?!”

“By…” Kyungsoo

 

--------------------

Umm… yeah. xD Did you enjoy that? :D I know, you guys all want to kill Tiffany right? Oops, hehehehe. >:D