Goodbye

Meant to Be?

GOODBYE

 

Luhan leaned in close to Sehun’s ear and made sure that the sound of the cars wouldn’t distort his message. 

“I’m leaving my mom to be with you.” Luhan slowly pulled away and looked at Sehun with his eyes still closed, “Now you can open them.” Sehun slowly opened them and they opened up to be wider than usual.

“What? Are you serious? Luhan, why did you decide to leave her?”

“Let me tell you later. First let’s get you dried off.” Luhan picked up the umbrella that had fallen when he saved Sehun from the almost fatal car crash. Luhan chuckled and ruffled Sehun’s wet hair. “You’re soaked.”

“Yeah… I kinda just walked here you know.” 

“Sorry about that… I would’ve given you a ride, but you didn’t want it!” 

“Luhan, I would’ve felt so awkward! It would have been better if I had walked.”

“Fine, you’re so hard to convince sometimes.”

“Well, you’ll just have to deal with it.” Luhan smiled and kissed Sehun’s lips.

 

***~~~***

 

“AHHHH THIS RAIN!” Kyungsoo put his arms up and just complained about how the rain was ruining his peace.

“Kyunggie, what’s wrong with you?”

“I can’t focus with all this rain!”

“What’re you trying to do?”

“The food you saw on the show!” Jongin sat in thought and wondered what Kyungsoo was talking about.

 

What show is he talking about…?

 

“Oh, that’s right. You fell asleep on my shoulder.”

“Aw, I was probably really cute when I was asleep.” Jongin winked and Kyungsoo shook his head.

“That’s what you think.”

“It’s what you think too isn’t it?” Kyungsoo slowly turned away and looked down to the floor.

“Yes…” Jongin jumped from the couch and walked over to Kyungsoo. He gave Kyungsoo and a back hug and kissed Kyungsoo’s neck.

“Thought so. Anyway, since this cooking is making you all stressed, why don’t we go and get something to eat?” 

“You want me… To go out in this weather?”

“Yeah…? Is there a problem?” Kyungsoo got out of Jongin’s hug and turned to face him to talk seriously. 

“Do you understand how much it’s raining outside?!” Jongin looked outside and noticed that it was raining hard outside, but he really wanted to just go to the mall and chill out there. 

“Can’t you get Baekhyun to drive us? I really want to go to the mall!”

“First of all, Baekhyun can’t drive. Secondly, I don’t think you would want Baekhyun to drive you ANYWHERE.” 

“What was I thinking…” Jongin’s stomach started to growl and he made a puppy dog face to the boy standing in front of him. “Kai hungry!”

“Stop! I don’t know what I can do to make your cute face happy again!” 

“We can go to the mall…” Kyungsoo wanted to say no, but Jongin’s puppy dog face was a complete killer to him. He could never reject the face and Jongin used this whenever he really wanted something. He didn’t abuse it, which Kyungsoo appreciates. He sighed and squinted at Jongin before telling Jongin to get ready. Jongin rushed to get ready and when he was ready, Kyungsoo was as well. He grabbed two umbrellas and handed one to Jongin who looked at it with confusion.

“We’re not sharing one?”

“Babe, there are times when we should be cute. Then there are times when we can’t be because it’s pouring outside and if we share an umbrella, half of us would be soaked. That’s this time right now.” Kyungsoo took Jongin’s hand and made him hold the umbrella. He opened the door and Jongin followed him outside. Kyungsoo locked the door behind him and the two boys made their way to the mall.

 

***~~~***

 

“Kyungsoo! That kid is walking in the streets alone… Do you think he’s alright?”

“I’m sure he’s just drunk. He’ll be fine.”

“Does that look like someone familiar?” Kyungsoo stopped for a second to think about who it resembled in his memory. A match does come up, but Kyungsoo can’t remember who it reminds him of. He shrugs it off and walks, but continues watching the boy. In a few minutes, Kyungsoo witnessed the boy being saved by another male and then seeing the two kiss. When his face meets with the lights, Kyungsoo realizes that the boy walking in the street is Sehun and the one who saved him is Luhan. 

“I want to hear what’s going on, let’s stay for a bit.” 

“Kyunggie, when were you the one to listen in on dramas.”

“Shhh, I can’t hear!” Kyungsoo listened to all that had happened after Luhan had told Sehun to close his eyes. He found it quite cute, but then jumped at the sound of an angry woman’s voice.

“LUHAN!” Sehun and Luhan both turned towards the voice and it was Luhan’s mother, “What did we agree on?” 

“Mom, I need to tell you something,” Luhan turned to Sehun, “Sehun, this is what I was going to say.” Luhan turned back to his mother and took a deep breath. “Look, I did want to be with both of you. It was hard for me to decide, but eventually I realized what I really wanted. I thought about it and the decision came easy to me.” Luhan took Sehun’s hand and held it tight, “I want to be with Sehun.” 

“Get home, now.”

“Mom, you can hate me… You can love me… But when Sehun left the house, I knew things would never be the same. You gave me a face that I couldn’t forget at all. One of disappoint, of anger and for what? You know I didn’t choose to be this way and you’re making it harder for me to be myself. Sehun allows me to be myself and understands me. I love you, Mom, but I can’t be with you if you’re going to be this way.”

“Go ahead, leave. Ask me if I care anymore. See how long you’ll last in that relationship and if you ever need me, don’t come back home. I will never see you as my son again.”

“For the past few hours, I haven’t felt like your son. It’s going to be hard for me to let you go, but it has to happen, doesn’t it. One person has to be happy and this is the only solution I see.”

“Then you’re blind.”

“If I had stayed with you, who would be happy? I wasn’t, Sehun wasn’t, and clearly you weren’t. I’m not going to force myself to be happy when I can’t see Sehun.”

“You love him more than you love me don’t you?”

“Maybe I do.” 

“You know what, alright fine. Go ahead, go off and be with your boyfriend. You disgust me anyway.” Luhan’s mother turned around and started making her way to the car before stopping and turning around back to Luhan once more. “Make sure to get your out of my house by the end of this week.” She then continued on to her car and drove away.

“Goodbye, Mom…”

 

--------------------

Now wasn’t that sweet? No, not really. Also, I didn’t plan for KaiSoo to be in this chapter, but then I included them for a comic relief kinda thing. Then I didn’t plan for them to meet up with HunHan, but my imagination just said, “Hey, let’s do it!” So there we go!