Flash

Meant to Be?

 

FLASH
 
Kyungsoo woke up from bed and noticed that Jongin was laying beside him. He remembered seeing Jongin sleeping in the chair last night. Kyungsoo looked at the time and it was 8 AM. He noticed he had three messages from Baekhyun and one from Chanyeol. 
 
From: Baekhyun
 
Kyung, you coming to school today?
 
Looks like someone fell asleep again! ;P
 
Don't forget we have rehearsal today! 
 
From: Chanyeol
 
Soo, when is the play?? Baekhyun told me, but I'm afraid to ask him because he'll think I don't listen to him. :/
 
Kyungsoo thought it would be easier to tell them in person. He put his phone down and looked at Jongin. 
"Awake already?" Kyungsoo was surprised to hear Jongin talk to him. 
"Well good morning to you too. When did you wake up?"
"I was up for a while now." Jongin turned around and looked up at Kyungsoo.  
"I woke up on the chair at 6... I didn't want to wake you up so I carefully slipped myself into bed." 
"It's alright, sorry I didn't take you to the bed last night. I didn't know if you would mind being woken up and what not." 
"Don't you know me though?" 
"You've never fallen asleep on the chair and have me wake you up before..." 
"Oh... Well I won't mind. Just a future reference!" 
"Alright!" Kyungsoo smiled. "Let's go get ready."
"For what?"
"Don't you want to get washed up and what not? We can think of something to do and then I have rehearsal at 4." 
"Rehearsal for what?" 
"We have this play coming up... You're supposed to be in it, but I don't know if you could learn the dance in time." 
"I could try! I don't want to be a screw up for you guys!" 
"Alright alright, you can do it." Kyungsoo went out to go shower and Jongin sat in the bed just looking around as usual. He walked up to the photo again and just wondered if Kyungsoo lied to him. 
 
It really does look like we're holding hands though... Maybe Baekhyun will tell me...
 
***~~~***
 
Kyungsoo finished his shower and walked into the room and saw Jongin going towards his drawer with the photo album in it. 
"Oh wait, don't open that! It's... Uh... Personal..." 
"Sorry... I should've been looking in the first place." 
"No it's fine, that one just belongs to me... It's very dear to my heart and has some sensitive things in there." 
"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't look at it I promise." 
"It's alright, I believe you. Anyways... Your turn to shower." Jongin made his way to shower and Kyungsoo looked in the drawer. 
 
When your memory comes back, I'll let you see this... Right now I can't. 
 
***~~~***
 
Jongin finished the shower and walked into an empty room. He wondered where Kyungsoo went. He got dressed and made his way downstairs. He smelled some food and made his way towards the kitchen. Kyungsoo's house had a strange layout and it took him about three tries to get into the kitchen. 
"Good morning, Kai!" 
"What're you doing there?" 
"Making breakfast!" 
"Oh wow, the food smells amazing!"
"Thanks, my mom teaches me how to cook."
"Aw that's so sweet, I wish I can cook. But burning food doesn't really count, does it?" Kyungsoo laughed and finished the breakfast and set the food on the table. 
"What's so funny?"
"Nothing..." 
"Wow, this looks amazing." Kyungsoo gave him a plate and utensils. 
"Dig in!" Jongin sat down and ate as much as he could. He had never tasted anything like this before... Well not that he was aware of. Kyungsoo was just glad that nothing about Jongin changed too much. He still was there by Kyungsoo's side and didn't see anything wrong with him. 
"This is so good! Thanks Kyungsoo!"  
"Not a problem! Slow down! You're eating too fast!"
"Alright!" Jongin tried slowing down, but how could he when the food was just out of this world. 
 
***~~~*** 
 
When they finally finished breakfast, Kyungsoo started clearing the table and Jongin thought he should do the same. 
"No, you don't clean dishes here. You're a guest! You already got me to sleep on the bed, you won't clean the dishes!"
"That's not fair, I ate more than you! I should help clean."
"Kai, no!" Jongin was a little scared of Kyungsoo and he backed off. 
"Alright fine. What do you want me to do while I'm waiting? This is a lot of dishes."
"You'd be surprise how fast I can clean them. You can watch TV in the living and wait for me there. I should be done in about 10 minutes." 
"Alright, I'll hold you to that time." Jongin walked into the living and Kyungsoo began cleaning the dishes. Jongin saw all the pictures of Kyungsoo's family and smiled at how nice they all were. 
 
Wow... You have a nice family Soo. 
 
He looked at the ones with Kyungsoo and his friends. There was collage full of Kyungsoo, Jessica, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun. He noticed some pictures of Kyungsoo and him. 
 
Hey there's Baekhyun! And there's Kyungsoo and I! 
 
As he examine the photos, he couldn't take his eyes off of one. It was Kyungsoo and him setting up the Christmas tree. Jongin has the lights all over him and Kyungsoo just pointed and seemed to be laughing. Kyungsoo finally finished with the dishes and walked into the living room. 
"Ready...?" Jongin didn't reply and just kept staring at the picture. He didn't want to take his eyes off of it for some reason. 
"Jongin...? Are you alright?" Kyungsoo walked over to Jongin and tapped him on the shoulder. Jongin jumped and turned around to Kyungsoo.
"Woah you scared me!"
"Sorry, I was calling you like a second ago."
"I didn't hear you..."
"It's alright, what're you looking at?"
"This picture." Jongin pointed to the picture. 
"Oh yeah, that was Christmas! It was quite funny and strange how you got the lights all tangled up on you like that." 
"There's something else..."
"What is it?"
"I feel like... I remember it happened once..."
 
--------------------
I'm terribly sorry for the slow update guys! I tried my best writing yesterday, but didn't have time! T-T