Emergency

Meant to Be?

EMERGENCY

"Chanyeol. Chanyeol wake up. Wake up." Chanyeol slowly opened his eyelids and made out as to where he was. He was hoping to be home next to his boyfriend on a bed. A comfortable, cushioned bed where he would see a smiling Baekhyun. Instead he saw Jongin and felt pain in his back from falling asleep on a rock. He sat up slowly and stretched hoping the pain would go away. Chanyeol felt disgusting and wanted to shower, but all he saw was a river and that was not about to happen. 
"Morning." He greeted Jongin with a soft and sad tone. 
"What's wrong?" 
"I want to go home. I feel disgusting..." Jongin chuckled and looked around to see if there was any certain way to get home. 
"I don't know where to go from here..." Chanyeol felt his eyes welling up with tears. He blinked repeatedly to keep them from falling out. Jongin patted his back. "Don't worry, we'll get out of here." 

***~~~***

"BAEKHYUN!" Baekhyun jumped up from his bed like a ninja and looked at the time. 
"AM I LATE TO SCHOOL AGAIN?" 
"No! It's Sunday!" 
"Oh... Then why did you wake me up??" Baekhyun fell back into his bed and pulled his blankets over him. Kyungsoo pulled them away and Baekhyun sat up with his bed head and pouted. 
"Let me slee-"
"Chanyeol and Kai aren't back yet! I don't know what's happening and it's freaking me out! I want to find out where they are!" Baekhyun paused for a moment and realized that they should've been back. He began to worry, but push it aside hoping it would help him think out a plan. 
"Look, let's calm down here. If Chanyeol is with Jongin, then he should be fine, right?" 
"Kai is not the brightest person! He can't navigate through the forest!" 
"And neither can Chanyeol..." 
"Baekhyun, let's go find them please. I'm so worried, I didn't sleep last night. I was sitting watching TV and waiting for my phone to ring so I can open the door for Kai. BUT NOTHING!" Baekhyun got up and stretched and nodded as he headed towards the bathroom. "Where are you going?" 
"To wash up. We'll leave afterwards." Kyungsoo nodded and sat on Baekhyun's bed waiting for him to finish up and also waited for his phone to ring. 

***~~~***

"I think we've been this way before." Jongin stopped and looked around. He sighed and his shoulders fell. 
"Damn it, we have." 
"You know what I heard?" Jongin turned around and raised his eyebrow. 
"What did you hear?" 
"I heard that when people are lost in a forest, they usually walk around in a circle." Jongin looked completely confused. 
"We didn't walk around in a circle, I'm pretty sure we walked straight and turned and what not." 
"Not that! Like you usually end up back where you started..." 
"OH! Then let's mark the trees. Do you have anything to mark them with?" Chanyeol put his backpack down and searched for tape, or anything that would be of use to them. He shook his head. 
"What about you? Do you have anything?" Jongin did the same thing and found tape that Kyungsoo had packed for him. He smiled and thanked Kyungsoo in his head. 
"Got tape!" Jongin took a small piece and marked two trees next to him. Jongin was about to pack the tape back in his bag when Chanyeol stopped him. 
"We still need that. Every..." Chanyeol checked his watch, "5 minutes we walk, let's mark two trees around us."
"Okay, that works." 

***~~~***

Jongin and Chanyeol had been traveling for an hour now and had seen no sign of civilization. They stopped by another river and decided to take a break. 
"It's so hot! I wish I can go swimming, but this river is so fast." 
"Just don't go swimming. We don't need an accident." Chanyeol warned him. They both sighed and took off their backpacks and laid down in the shade. There were some cool breezes once in a while that helped them feel good. The two of them decided to just stop for a good half hour, or so to think of both situations. The two situations would be, if they do get out, hiking is not another option in their lives ever again and the other situation is that if they don't make it, they want Kyungsoo and Baekhyun to know how much they love them. Chanyeol chuckled. 
"Why're you chuckling?" 
"We can't even find our way out, you think that our boyfriends could find us here?" 
"You sound like you're giving up hope." 
"I shouldn't do that... You're right, we'll get out of here and NEVER go hiking again." 
"That's the spirit!" Chanyeol sat up and looked out into the distance. He watched as the river flowed down its path and realized something. 
"Jongin! Rivers don't flow upstream, right?" 
"Yeah?" 
"Why don't we follow the river down then?" Jongin immediately snapped his head to Chanyeol and nodded slowly. He began to smile and picked up his backpack. 
"Let's go!" Chanyeol lifted up his backpack too and the two began hiking again. 

***~~~***

"Alright, we know where we've gone. Let's stop here and continue tomorrow." Kyungsoo stopped and looked at Baekhyun in disbelief. 
"You serious? We need to keep on moving!" 
"Kyungsoo, who knows where they are! They could be at the bottom by night and then we won't know because the cell phone reception gets lost if you go up another 2 hours. Let's just stay put here." 
"If you say so..." The two of them set up camp. 

***~~~***

Chanyeol began feeling hungry and stopped Jongin. 
"Can we eat first. I don't want to keep on going if we don't have food." 
"Sure." The two boys sat down on a rock near the river and shared a sandwich together. They packed extra food just in case this scenario happened to them. Once they had finished eating, the journey continued. 

***~~~***

About 15 minutes later, Chanyeol began feeling a little dizzy. He was stumbling in his path and Jongin held onto him. 
"You alright? Do you want to stop for today?" 
"No... I'm good. Just a little dizzy." 
"I think we should stop." Chanyeol pushed Jongin off. 
"I'm fine, I can do this." 
"Chanyeol I really don't think that you shou- WATCH OUT!" Chanyeol gripped his chest and began walking backwards towards the river. Jongin grabbed him right before he fell over. 
"You're crazy! Let's stop and continue it tomorrow. Are you alright?" 
"Yeah... I want to continue." Chanyeol got up and walked over to the river.
"Chanyeol don't walk over there!" Before Jongin could grip onto his hand, the giant had already began his descent into the fast stream. To Chanyeol, everything was fine until he felt the world turn black right before stopping by the river. 

--------------------
I didn't expect this to be a drama thing... I guess I never know where my brain takes me. Yay 150th chapter! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!