Refusal

Meant to Be?

 

REFUSAL

 

The few days after Jessica left seemed very odd for Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol. There wasn’t that friendly girl greeting the boys in the morning and the teasing girl to sit in front of Baekhyun. Baekhyun’s bugging buddy was nowhere to be found and it was just a different feeling without her. They eventually got used to the new days, but nothing could ever replace her. The days just follow a regular routine now and Jessica not being there is regular. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun walk into class and then after a while, class begins.

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol are all sitting at the lunch table together.

“I heard Jessica already made friends over there.” Kyungsoo didn’t feel like it was right to bring up Jessica since they would miss her, but since it’s because she’s doing better, he didn’t feel bad.

“Yeah! I’m happy that she’s not going to be so alone now. Then again, she is a very kind person so making friends for her isn’t very hard.”

“She better remember us! I am not going to just be forgotten after several years of knowing her!” Baekhyun was happy for her, but he his nature didn’t allow him to really express it.

“I’m surprised at us, we don’t really miss her that much anymore. I guess being together as the three of us just makes us forget about her not being here.”

“In a way, I mean I wouldn’t mind having her back. Plus, she can always contact us, so there’s really no point in crying over her.”

“You cried over her at the airport.” Chanyeol winked at Baekhyun.

“That wasn’t crying… I think your eyes deceived you or something. I was definitely controlled.”

“Controlled by your tears.” Kyungsoo teased and chuckled.

“Shut up kisser boy.”

“Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?!”

“Nothing, nothing. Just that she kissed you and all… Heh, so how did that feel?” Baekhyun winked at Kyungsoo.

“I had no feelings for her… I felt a bit bad that I couldn’t return the kiss to her.”

“Did you know that she had feelings for you before?” Chanyeol always thought that Jessica had a thing for Kyungsoo, but wasn’t really sure.

“I’m not so sure… She never express any emotions towards me, plus even if she did, I was probably too busy being all over that douche.”

“Aw, you’re calling Jongin a douche, how cute. I’m sure you must’ve realized it at least once Soo.”

“What do you mean?”

“What he means is that there has to be some point in the past when she expressed her feelings for you. Maybe it wasn’t directly, but indirectly expressed it,” Chanyeol explained.

“Did she feel anything when you and Jongin went out?” Baekhyun snapped his fingers and jumped from his seat.

“Now that you mention it, it seemed like she was a bit bothered by the two of us being together.”

“How did she express THAT?”

“I’m not sure. Can we just drop this subject? I’m starting to feel really bad.”

“Come on Soo, keep on telling us, maybe by telling us you can finally let go of your regret.”

“I said drop it Baekhyun.”

“Soo, I want to help you, please tel-”

“Drop… It.”

“It’s not like I’m going to tell her! You know I won’t-”

“Baekhyun, stop. Please stop it, Soo doesn’t want to talk about it, so just let it go. He’ll tell you some other time when he feels more comfortable about it.”

“Thank you, Chanyeol.” Kyungsoo gave a quick glare at Baekhyun and then finished his lunch. It wasn’t long until the bell rang and lunch ended. Without saying a word, Kyungsoo got up to throw away his food and walk to class.

“I think he’s angry with me…”

“You did push his buttons with that subject, I don’t blame him.”

“You’re always on his side! Why can’t you ever be on mine?!”

“What’re you talking about?”

“Whenever something happens between Soo and I, you always take his side. It’s like he means more to you than I do.”

“Baekhyun, don’t think that way! I’m trying to be the logical one! Don’t you agree that you went too far? He did ask you to stop.”

“You can at least cover the truth and just tell me something like ‘It’ll be fine Baekhyun, I’m sure he doesn’t mean it.”

“I’m sorry Baekhyun, please forgive me.” Chanyeol was going into hug Baekhyun with open arms, but Baekhyun pushed them away and walked away from Chanyeol. Chanyeol stood there and sighed.

 

***~~~***

 

Chanyeol walked up to Kyungsoo’s locker after school and Kyungsoo immediately sensed that something was wrong.

“Woah, what’s the matter?”

“What? I didn’t even do anything yet.”

“Just by your facial expression and the mood I sense from you, something is wrong.” Chanyeol sighed and nodded.

“Yeah… Baekhyun and I got into an argument.” Kyungsoo closed his locker and leaned against it.

“What’s wrong?”

“He thinks that I always take your side whenever you two have an argument and he thinks I don’t care about him as much as I care about you.”

“Ah, I see. Don’t worry Chanyeol; I’ll fix this for you. Don’t you worry about anything alright?” Kyungsoo smiled and Chanyeol nodded. Kyungsoo was ready to call Baekhyun when he noticed him walking down the hall. Kyungsoo walked up to Baekhyun and Chanyeol stood by Kyungsoo’s locker.

 

Great, now he’s seeing Kyungsoo more than I.

 

“Hey Baekhyun, I want to talk to you.”

“About what? Taking my boyfriend from me?”

“What?! NO! Listen, Chanyeol told me what happened and-”

“Of course he tells you!”

“LISTEN! He told me what happened and I realized that he does take my side many times, but it’s only because you’re too hasty sometimes. I’m not trying to be rude here, but it is true. I don’t mind that about you, it’s who you are. I will still be your best friend.”

“I don’t know why I do it myself… I get jealous… I guess.” Kyungsoo grabbed Baekhyun’s shoulders.

“Don’t worry about it! I’ll tell you why I was bothered if you genuinely make up with Chanyeol.”

“I actually was going to do it even if you weren’t going to tell me, psh.” Baekhyun walked up to Chanyeol and looked him in the eyes.

“Umm… I’m sorry for being such a jerk before… I was jealous of what was going on and I guess I let my jealousy overtake me. I’m sorry Chanyeol, will you forgive me?”

“No.” Kyungsoo heard this and turned around to Chanyeol. His eyes widened and so did Baekhyun’s.

 

----------------------

These next few chapters are so wonderful! Well, in my opinion. The last few were a little boring, but these next few chapters are intense! I’ve been waiting to write them and I just got the time now. Hope you guys enjoy! :D