Return

Meant to Be?

 

RETURN

The sun shined on Jongin’s face as he was sleeping. He slowly came back to reality from a wonderful dream of Kyungsoo and him living together as adults. His eyes opened up to see a sleeping Kyungsoo in front of him. The sleeping lips of Kyungsoo was more than enough to make him smile. Jongin thought he was the most beautiful thing ever. He couldn’t be any happier waking up to see Kyungsoo everyday like this.

“Kyung, Kyung, wake up…” Jongin quietly whispered as he softly shook his lover.

Kyungsoo slowly woke up and smiled at Jongin who was smiling right back at him.

“Morning Kai…” Kyungsoo’s sleepy voice was so wonderful to Jongin.

“You’ve never called me Kai before, I think…”

“New Year.” Jongin smiled and got out of bed.

“Come on, let’s get ready!” Kyungsoo yawned and stretched before agreeing and sitting up.

“What the…”

“What is it?” Jongin showed Kyungsoo the message he had gotten during the night.

 

From: Tiffany

 

Hi Jongin! :D

 

Kyungsoo wiped his eyes to make sure he was reading the correct name.

“Tiffany’s back?!” His eyes widened and he started feeling scared again. Jongin noticed this and tried calming him down.

“Hey, I won’t let her do anything to you.” Jongin texted her back.

 

To: Tiffany

 

What do you want? How could you still be texting me… Shouldn’t you be in jail…? Are you after Kyungsoo again?

 

“She tried killing me! I still have the marks from when she dug her nails into my skin!” Kyungsoo was shaking from the terror of having her return back into Jongin’s life. Jongin did like her a lot and wasn’t sure if she would try to take him back again.

“I know, I know. I won’t let her touch you or even near you ever again.” Jongin’s phone rang with a message.

“Tiffany?” Jongin nodded.

 

From: Tiffany

 

Nothing, I just want us to be good friends again before this whole incident happened! I promise you I won’t even think about hurting Kyungsoo! And why should I be in jail? That glass wasn’t my doing, it was my brother’s and I guess he took the time to write that note… sorry about that! :(

 

“I can’t do this, I’m going to go shower… let me know if anything happens.”

“Okay, I’ll be here if you need me.” Before Kyungsoo left, Jongin grabbed his wrist and Kyungsoo turned around shocked. “Don’t worry at all, she’s not going to do any harm to you, or us.” Jongin smiled.

“Alright, I take your word for it.” Kyungsoo smiled and went to take a shower. After Kyungsoo left, Jongin’s phone rang again.

 

From: Tiffany

 

Can we meet up…? I want to talk again… I know you probably don’t trust me, but please can we talk? I’ll be more listening this time… I promise that if I do anything rash, you can get rid of me from your life right then and there and I won’t bother you ever again!

 

Jongin wasn’t sure if he should. Something told him to go meet her, but the feeling that Kyungsoo might have is holding him back.

 

To: Tiffany

 

Alright, fine… Where do you want to meet up?

 

Jongin was regretting every word he wrote in that message. He didn’t want to meet up with her, but when he thought about it, she was a good friend to begin with. She was always there for him before Kyungsoo. The phone rang once more as Jongin was thinking about the old days.

 

From: Tiffany

 

How about the library? We’ll meet inside near the back with the table for 4 people.

 

Jongin sighed before texting her back.

 

To: Tiffany

 

Alright, sounds good, I’ll see you at 2 then…

 

He put his phone to the side and just laid down on the bed thinking about this whole situation.

 

What’s going on…?

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo finally finished showering and he walked in to see a sleeping Jongin.

“Yah! Wake up and shower!” Kyungsoo threw his PJs at Jongin before he woke up.

“Alright, alright fine.” Jongin got up and went on his way to shower. Kyungsoo was getting his watch before noticing Jongin’s phone was still on the table.

 

No… You should respect his privacy and-

 

Kyungsoo grabbed Jongin’s phone and read through the messages before Jongin had a chance to come back to walk in on him. He couldn’t believe what he was reading.

 

Is this really Jongin…? Was he really texting Tiffany back, or is this a little game…?

 

Kyungsoo was completely hurt by Jongin’s sudden change. He thought Jongin dislike Tiffany a lot and didn’t want anything to do with her. He was worried that if they start talking again, he’d be forgotten and that somehow karma would get Kyungsoo back for taking Jongin from Tiffany.

 

No… this isn’t it what it seems… they’re just friends. Don’t worry, nothing will happen like what Jongin says.

 

***~~~***

 

Jongin finished his shower and walked in to an empty room. He looked around and noticed that he left his phone in the room.

 

Did Kyungsoo go through my messages…?

 

He picked up the phone and checked to see if anything was different. He couldn’t remember what was last on.

 

No, he respects my privacy…

 

It was no use, Jongin would ask Kyungsoo himself. Jongin got dressed and made his way downstairs.

 

***~~~***

 

From: Baekhyun

 

Are you sure that it’s not some game they’re playing on you?

 

To: Baekhyun

 

I’m sure… I feel like I’m being worried for no reason.

 

From: Baekhyun

 

I think you might be, but it’s best to just keep things on the hush hush for now… Don’t let him know you read his messages!

 

To: Baekhyun

 

Obviously not, anyways, I think he’s coming down, so I’ll text you after he leaves.

 

Kyungsoo pretended to be looking at the news on his phone when Jongin had arrived downstairs.

“Oh, hey you’re finish-”

“Did you look at the messages?” Kyungsoo’s heart was racing and he was scared that Jongin found out somehow. Kyungsoo kept his cool as best as he could.

“No… why? Did something happen?” Jongin shook his head as if he were lying.

“Not really, no. It’s nothing sorry to bother you. Um… can I ask you something?”

“Sure, anything.”

“Would you mind if I went to go see Tiffany today? She just wants to talk and that’s all, nothing really, just to talk.” Kyungsoo felt that it was a good thing he wasn’t lying, but he didn’t trust them of them being alone at all. He wanted to tell Jongin how he really felt, but something was holding him back.

“No… not at all. Don’t worry, I’m fine with it.” Jongin smiled.

“Thanks, you’re the best. I’ll be back around 3!” Jongin kissed Kyungsoo’s cheek and walked out of the house to the library. Kyungsoo quickly grabbed his phone and called the fastest runner he knew.

“Hey Soo what’s up?”

“I need you to go spy on Jongin at the library, now! It’s urgent!”

“S-sure thing…”

 

--------------------

Just when things were getting good for KaiSoo… but then again, who says they aren’t still good? ;D