Unwanted

Meant to Be?

UNWANTED

Chanyeol walked into the cafe for his usual breakfast with Kyungsoo. As they waited in line, they noticed a lot of murmurs going on around them. 
"Just ignore them, Chanyeol." Chanyeol turned to look at Kyungsoo, who was staring in the clear glass and thinking about which bagel he should get. Tilting his head, he finally decided and grabbed the sesame seed one. Straightening his spine and turning his head, Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow. "Aren't you going to get one?" Chanyeol reached for his plain bagel and they walked off to the toaster together. The murmurs around them didn't stop and Chanyeol was getting annoyed. 
"What's going on?!" He yelled at one of the groups of people. Kyungsoo was shocked Chanyeol would make it so public. One nasty girl walked up to the boys. She thought she was so y and always looked down at Jessica because she was truly jealous. This girl had no class and she walked like a limping duck. 
"Well, let me tell you here, Giant Dork. You hurt my Baby Baekhyun's feelings by breaking up with him." Chanyeol felt a surge of anger rising in him, not from the news getting around but because she called him her baby. 
"Jealous? I had him. All of him and you had nothing and you never will."
"You just watch, he'll come crying to me anytime now." Chanyeol smirked and was about to make another smart remark before Kyungsoo tugged on his arm. The latter shook his head and glared at the girl. 
"You better leave if you know what's right for you." 
"So confident aren't you? You're the only one in your group with a significant other. You think you're so tough, remember when he left you for that Luhan kid? HAH! Way to go Soo, you chose well." Kyungsoo had made his 'oh no you didn't' look and smiled. 
"Who have you been with?"
"I will be-"
"You will be... Umm didn't you say that last year? Remember when Jessica was going to ask Nickhyun out to the dance and you were so confident he would say yes? Remember how you got rejected and he chose her over you?" The girl was furious and red with anger and embarrassment. Someone who overheard the conversation yelled out,
"YOU GOT BURNED!" The girl could not believe what had just happened and ran away screaming. 
"Who was that anyway?" Chanyeol wondered. 
"I don't know her name, but I know she thinks she's hot . She's more like a hot mess." 
"Speaking of a hot mess..."
"What the..." Kyungsoo's mouth slowly hung open and his eyes widened. Chanyeol subconsciously followed Kyungsoo. The door to the cafe had swung open and the figure to walk through it was one who looked like he had been living on the streets for a while. His hair was a complete mess and he had a baggy shirt and baggy shorts on. Not to mention the mismatching socks. The only thing good about his image were his shoes. 
"Is that..." Kyungsoo turned to Chanyeol and Chanyeol turned to Kyungsoo. 
"Baekhyun?" They both said in unison. Baekhyun looked over to Kyungsoo and rolled his eyes and lazily walked over to get his bagel. Every one of his motions were lazy and loose. It was as if he had all his personality right through him and stored elsewhere. This was not the Baekhyun that the boys knew. Perhaps he was just running late, but no matter because Kyungsoo would find out. When he transferred himself to his best friend's side, he couldn't help but just straightforwardly ask him the question. 
"Why do you look like you woke up from a garbage can?" 
"Shut up. Go away, leave me alone. I'm not in the mood for jokes." 
"Hey, what's the matter with y-"
"Get out of my face." Kyungsoo started feeling tension again. 
"Yah, I'm trying to help you! Why don't you tell me what's wrong?" 
"Why the hell would you care?" 
"Baekhyun... What's gotten into you? Where's the Baekhyun I know and love?" Kyungsoo started feeling tears well up in his eyes. 
"Just shut up. I'm not in the mood for any of your , or anyone else's. I just want to get out of this hellhole of a school."
"Alright, calm down. You're overreacting right now and-" 
"I said leave me alone!" Baekhyun pushed Kyungsoo into the wall next to him and glared at him before exiting the room. Kyungsoo had never felt so hurt before. The pain wasn't from his back just cracking, but from Baekhyun pushing him into the wall. In the many many years that Kyungsoo had known his best friend, he would never thought that he would be like this to him. When Chanyeol had seen what happened, he rushed over to his friend and checked if he was alright. Kyungsoo shook his head and began crying. 
"I never thought... He would ever attack me like that. What's happened to him? He's become a monster!" 
"I have no clue myself... I didn't know he would take the breakup so seriously." Chanyeol hugged Kyungsoo and let the latter cry into his chest. He wondered if he should chase after Baekhyun, but he knew it could wait. 

***~~~***

Baekhyun slammed the door to his room and pulled out a drawer full of things. He searched through this vigorously and began throwing things all around to search for something. Once he finally got a hold of the cold, shiny item, Baekhyun smiled and laughed to himself. 

***~~~***

As he finished his session, Baekhyun fell against a wall and slid down to sit against it. Across from him was a mirror. He observed the reflection carefully and was confused about what had happened. He looked at his arm and his hand. The evidence was all real and then he found his door being busted open by Chanyeol. 
"What're you doing-"
"BAEKHYUN, WHAT'RE YOU DOING?! WHAT HAPPENED?!" Chanyeol looked around the room to see that there droplets of blood everywhere and it was all coming from Baekhyun's arm. The boy had a knife in his one hand and the other was resting on the floor collecting the blood that flowed down his arm. 

--------------------
I was busy and had writers block for the whole day. It took me a while to figure out what I was going to do, but I finally got it. In my head, it was less dramatic than this. XD