Truce

Meant to Be?

TRUCE

"Ch-Chanyeol... I honestly don't know... Please help me! Chanyeol, I'm scared! What's happening to me?" It seemed Baekhyun was finally out of his trance. Chanyeol ran over to Baekhyun, took the knife from his hand and pulled him into a strong hug.
"Don't worry, I'm here for you. Everything will be alright. You just need to stay calm, we'll get through this, but only if you stay calm." 
"A-alright. Please don't tell anyone..." Chanyeol agreed and took priority in cleansing the wound. He took Baekhyun to the bathroom and began washing away the blood stains from his body. Chanyeol didn't care that his shirt was covered in blood, he just needed to see Baekhyun was going to be fine. 
"This is going to sting... A lot. Ready?" Baekhyun nodded and looked away while biting his lower lip. Chanyeol took the disinfecting liquid and smeared it all over Baekhyun's arm. He didn't have just one cut, there were several. It pained Chanyeol to see him like this, much more than it pained Baekyun when the liquid was poured on his skin. After finally cleaning off the wound and wrapping it in a bandage, Chanyeol lead Baekhyun back to his room. While observing the room, he noticed how much he had to clean before the other boy's parents would come back home. 
"You did a lot of damage not just to your room and yourself, but to your friends." Baekhyun was confused and it showed on his face as he looked up to the giant. 
"What do you mean?"
"Kyungsoo... And me... When we saw you during school, we were so worried about you..." Baekhyun remembered what he had done to Kyungsoo and it was eating him up inside. 
"I feel terrible..." 
"You'll be fine. Kyungsoo will forgive you like he always had. Let's clean up this mess first." Baekhyun looked around and realized how much of a mess he made. Clothes and other things were thrown everywhere. Blood was splattered everywhere the room, but only in small amounts.  It surprised Baekhyun and shocked him too. He began worrying and wondered what a terrible person he's become. 
"I'm sorry..." Baekhyun began crying and Chanyeol sat down beside him and hugged him. 
"We all forgive you, Baekhyun. Come on, stop crying." Baekhyun leaned over and cried in Chanyeol's chest. 

***~~~***

Chanyeol had finally finished helping Baekhyun clean up his room and was really amazed by how much progress they made. 
"You're room is in good shape, now when your parents come home, they won't yell at you."
"My parents aren't going be home for a while..." 
"I meant like later, tonight." Baekhyun shook his head. 
"No, I mean they won't be home for a couple of days. They've been out since last week for a business trip to Singapore. I've been told to stay here." 
"Oh... At least we got the room cleaned..." Chanyeol looked around and smiled. He was really amazed by the cleanliness of the room. When he thought back to the old image of the room, he was haunted by the blood stains and broken Baekhyun. Everything seemed so much more peaceful now.
"Thanks for helping me, Chanyeol. Did you skip school?"
"Yeah, I did..." 
"Just to help me out?" Chanyeol nodded and sat down beside Baekhyun. He put his arm over Baekhyun's shoulder. 
"Just for you. I needed to see what was happening and I couldn't let you suffer on you're own." 
"But... Why? We're not even together..." 
"It's not about that at all. It's about being there when a friend needs you." Baekhyun picked up his head from Chanyeol's shoulder and looked at him in the eyes. 
"You don't hate me?"
"Why would I? I have no reason to... I thought you would hate me." 
"I thought that you would hate me since I overreacted with you and that girl... I didn't know. I'm sorry. And I was mad at you, but I could never bring myself to hating you." 
"That's understandable..." Chanyeol checked the time on his watch. It was 2:40 and school had just finished not too long ago.
"So does this mean you're going now?" 
"Huh?"
"You've spent like 6 hours here trying to fix things up." 
"It was well worth it." Although Baekhyun and Chanyeol were broken up, Baekhyun did find it comforting when Chanyeol said things like that. It made him feel special and warm on the inside. "But I'm not leaving. I can't yet." 
"Why's that? Not that I mind you staying." 
"I don't think you're ready to be alone. I didn't think you would hit such a low." 
"So you're just going to stay here until I sleep?" 
"I guess so. I just don't want something happening and then not being there to protect you."
"Chanyeol, you don't have to do this anymore. I'll be fine." 
"How do I know that? How will I know you will keep to your word when I walk out that door? I didn't think you would be cutting yourself up. Look at your arm! Who knows what else you can do!" Chanyeol began feeling his eyes fill up with tears. Baekhyun gave him a reassuring pat on his shoulder. 
"Trust me, I will be fine. I can't let myself fall into that kind of mindset anymore. It's too dangerous and it hurts. Like you said, it's not just physical pain, but it also hurts my friends physically and emotionally." He pulled Chanyeol into a hug and wrapped him in a warm embrace. "Please stay." 
"I will." 
"No, I mean... Please stay until my parents return." Chanyeol pulled away to look at Baekhyun. 
"Are you sure? You wouldn't mind that?" Baekhyun shook his head.
"Would you?"
"I'd ask my mom, but I'm sure she'll be fine with it." 
"Then I guess it's settled!" 
"Let me call her first!" Chanyeol dialed his mom's number while ignoring the messages from Kyungsoo. He wasn't on the phone for long and eventually, after hanging up, got approval to sleep over for a couple of nights. 
"There, all done!" 
"Let's go watch movies and eat popcorn!" 
"With ice cream?" Baekhyun laughed. 
"Yes, with ice cream." Baekhyun was about to lean in for a kiss before stopping himself. "Oo... I didn't mean to... Because you know..." Chanyeol smiled. 
"It's fine." But in reality, it wasn't fine. Chanyeol wanted Baekhyun to lean in closer and have his lips connect with his own. It really pained him to see Baekhyun pulling away from a kiss that was supposed to be. Chanyeol wished he had pulled him in for the kiss, but it was too late. Baekhyun had already gone downstairs to get the popcorn ready. He sighed and began following him.

--------------------
Interesting, eh? ;D hope you guys enjoyed that. Didn't mean to scare you guys so much with the last chapter. XD