Locker

Meant to Be?

 

LOCKER
Kyungsoo stayed home from school to avoid seeing Jongin for a good 3 days. He didn't want to see Jongin just yet and the text message made it worse. 
 
***~~~*** 
 
Jongin woke up feeling very anxious to see if Kyungsoo replied to his message or not. He unlocked his phone and didn't see a reply. 
 
Maybe... Maybe he didn't wake up yet. 
 
Jongin opened up the messages between Kyungsoo and him. His shoulders slumped when he saw that Kyungsoo read the message a minute after he sent it. He let out a sigh before getting up for school. 
 
I guess I deserve this. 
 
***~~~***
 
Kyungsoo heard Jongin's ringtone again and didn't bother to check it. It would be Jongin trying to guilt Kyungsoo into replying and then ending up being a fool for feeling bad. 
"I've seriously had enough of all these tricks." Kyungsoo went back to sleep, but was awakened by the sound of Baekhyun's ringtone. He got up to check his phone. 
 
From: Baekhyun 
 
Kyung-Hyung! ^-^ going to school today? :D
 
Noooooope. :P Taking the day off to get away from that jerk
 
Awwww, you called him a jerk. Alright, well I'll get you your makeup work and be over after school, arraseo?
 
Yeah yeah, thanks Baek! :D have fun at school! 
 
***~~~***
 
Jongin searched the hallways for Kyungsoo and there was no sign of him whatsoever. He bumped into Jessica who was surprised to see him so worried. 
"Where's Soo?" 
"He's not coming to school today... Didn't he tell you?" 
"Why would he tell me...?" 
"Oh right... But yeah, he's not in school today. Did you need something?" Jongin paused and just softly answered Jessica. 
"No... It's alright." He walked away from Jessica and she texted Kyungsoo what just happened. 
 
From: Kyungsoo 
 
So that's all? 
 
Yep...
 
I wonder what he's up to...
 
Don't worry about him for the next three days. We have rehearsal, are you coming today?
 
We never have rehearsal on Fridays... 
 
Mrs. Gil wanted to have just one more day of rehearsal today, come on please come. 
 
Alright, alright. 
 
The bell rang and Jessica made her way to her class. Kyungsoo had just finished texting Jessica and was very tempted to check the text that Jongin had sent in. 
"Would I consider myself weak for looking at it... Or... NO!" Kyungsoo refused to look at it just now. He wanted to get his day started before having to worry about someone who didn't truly care about his happiness. 
 
***~~~***
 
After Kyungsoo finished showering and eating, he decided it was time to see what Jongin had sent him. Kyungsoo let out a sigh before opening up the message. It was a picture of the two of them smiling and having a good time. It was the first time Jongin went to an amusement park and he remembered the fun that they had. 
 
Now you want to bring up the past, huh? When my heart was slowly being crushed, you were moving on. 
 
***~~~***
 
Jongin slowly walked up to Kyungsoo's lunch table and stood there awkwardly in front of his friends. 
"Um... You guys mind if I sit here...?" 
"Not at all! Take a seat!" Baekhyun was more than happy to have him sit with them. Jongin smiled to see that Baekhyun was smiling and so cheerful to him even after what happened. 
"Thanks." Jongin smiled and sat himself down. 
"Hey! Your birthday is coming up isn't it?" Jessica suddenly thought of it since Kyungsoo's birthday is two days before. Jongin immediately froze and thought of what Kyungsoo said to him before leaving yesterday. 
"You alright...?" Jessica was worried she said something wrong. Jongin raised his eyebrows and widened his eyes. 
"Uh... Yeah sorry. Yeah my birthday is on the 14th." 
"We'll be sure to get you something!" Chanyeol added a smile to his statement. 
"Thanks guys... I have a question for you all?" 
"What is it?" Baekhyun asked. 
"You don't hate me... Do you?" 
"Of course not!" Jessica pushed him with her elbow. "Why would we?" 
"The whole thing with Kyungsoo... I just thought-"
"Nah, we don't hate you!" 
"Yeah! You're our friend so how can we hate you? Some things aren't meant to last and we can't help that. Don't worry about it!" Baekhyun seemed to reassure Jongin a lot today. Jongin smiled. 
"Thanks... Have you guys seen Kyungsoo by the way?" 
"He said he's not coming to school today." 
"What?!" Jessica and Jongin said in unison.
"Wait... Why're YOU surprised?" Baekhyun was asking Jessica. 
"I told him we have rehearsal!" 
"When did you talk to him?" 
"I talked to him this morning... I was still getting ready." 
"Oh... I was in school already. So maybe you talked to him before me."
"Yeah... Crazy..." 
"Shut up!" 
"Anyways, Jongin, why did you want to know?"
"I just... No reason." Jongin sighed and walked away. 
"Did I say something wrong...?" Jessica shook her head. 
"I don't think so." She got up and walked after Jongin. 
"Are you going to leave me too?" Baekhyun made a puppy dog face to Chanyeol which made him smile. 
"Nope baby. I'm staying right here with you!" Baekhyun chuckled. 
"You're the best! I love you." Baekhyun kissed Chanyeol's cheek.
"I love you the most!" Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun's lips. 
 
***~~~***
 
Jessica turned the corner to find Jongin with his head on someone's locker. 
"Hey... You alright?" Jongin turned his head and it was clear he was crying. Actually, he still was crying. Jessica patted his back. 
"You want to talk about it?" Jongin nodded. They sat down together and Jongin started to explain. 
"I didn't mean to hurt Kyungsoo... I honestly don't know what I was doing... I'm such an idiot. I wish I can turn back time and just fix the things I did wrong. I thought about it last night and I just miss him so much. I want him to be there for me to hug, for me to tell everything to, to be there with me forever. I just wish I could have him back." 
"Jongin... You just need to fix this with him. Tell him how you actually feel and what you've done wrong. Tell him everything and I'm sure he'll change his mind. Did you try talking to him before?" Jongin nodded and then the two of them turned their heads to the sound of someone coming up the stairs. The locker who they were sitting in front of belongs to the person who just walked up the stairs: Do Kyungsoo. 
 
--------------------
Sorry to have updated the story so late! I had work, but now that I'm done, that means more chapters!! :DD