Thoughts

Meant to Be?

THOUGHTS

 

“Ch-Chanyeol… Is-is it really you?” Baekhyun spoke softly as he was still recovering from passing out. He slowly lifted his hand up to his boyfriend’s cheek and then smiled weakly. On the outside, Baekhyun looked frail and weak, but his body was on overdrive on the inside. It was about time he was able to see his boyfriend again, but he was hoping this wasn’t a dream. If Baekhyun were to wake up and find out that Chanyeol is still in a coma, he would go mad. 

“Yes… It’s me. You’re not dreaming. You’re awake.” Chanyeol smiled and leaned forward to give the little boy a kiss on the forehead. The monitor recorded a heightened heartbeat, which made Chanyeol chuckle. Baekhyun then saw Kyungsoo walk up next to Chanyeol and smile.

“It’s really great to have you back, you know.” Kyungsoo looked to Chanyeol and smiled and even wider, “both of you.” 

 

***~~~***

 

Baekhyun fell back asleep a few minutes after interacting with Chanyeol, but the doctor told the boys that this is natural and Baekhyun will wake up again in about an hour or two. Chanyeol was glad to be awake and stop everyone from worrying so much. 

 

And I thought I was going to die… 

 

Chanyeol tried to remember the things that went on before he went into his coma, but everything was a blur. He doesn't even remember when he got into the hospital. 

 

***~~~FLASHBACK~~~***

 

Chanyeol’s eyes slowly opened and along with his vision, his other senses began coming back to him. He laid in the same position for another 20 minutes before finally trying to sit up.

“Woah there, you don’t want to stress yourself out!” Chanyeol was surprised to hear Jongin’s voice and was even more surprised to see him. 

“J-Jong-”

“Sh… Don’t speak too much. You need to rest up and save your energy. Baekhyun will be here to see you soon and he won’t want to see you like this.”

 

Baekhyun… 

 

Chanyeol’s mind was beginning to accelerate with thoughts on what could have happened. He probably looked worried which made Jongin try to calm him down.

“Everything is alright, just get some more rest.” Jongin smiled assuringly. Somehow, Chanyeol could feel that this smile wasn’t fake, but it was genuine and what Jongin said was true. It wasn’t like he could argue back because he has no proof and he doesn’t even know what happened.

 

***~~~***

 

An hour passed and Chanyeol could feel himself waking up again. This time, Kyungsoo was sitting by his bed playing on his phone. The smaller boy didn’t notice his friend waking up until Chanyeol tried speaking.

“Kyung…” Kyungsoo turned his head to Chanyeol and raised his eyebrows along with widening his smile.

“Chanyeol! You’re awake!” Kyungsoo put his phone away and then stood up to lean over and examine his friend. Chanyeol still looked tired and weak, but it was obviously natural since his body wasn’t working all that correctly for the past week. Chanyeol looked around slowly and noticed Jongin walking up to him. 

“How’s it feel to be awake now?” Chanyeol weakly smiled and then Kyungsoo helped his friend sit up. 

“Thanks…” Kyungsoo formed crescents with eyes and nodded happily. He was more than happy to see his friend finally awake from a coma. The doctor walked in and then did a check on Chanyeol to see how his body was functioning. Chanyeol’s body was doing just as planned, which the doctor was happy about as well. He informed the giant of his condition and his recovery status, which would only take about two weeks. Chanyeol felt really happy that he was able to start going back to a normal life after a short amount of time. Mrs. Park then followed the doctor in and tears quickly fell from her face. She ran up to her son and squeezed the life out of him. 

“Chanyeol! Oh my baby, you’re awake! I’m so glad you’re awake!” 

“Thanks… Mom…” 

“Mrs. Park… I think you’re hurting him…” The doctor chuckled and rub the back of his neck. Mrs. Park loosened her grip and stepped back to take a good look at her son. 

“You don’t know how worried I was! I thought I was going to lose my only son!” Chanyeol felt a hint of guilt, but he was more happy that he didn’t make anyone too upset with what happened. Then again he couldn't control it, but it was his fault that everyone was so worried.

“Sorry…”

“Don’t worry… I’m just really happy now. I’m so happy you’re awake and I can see those beautiful eyes of yours.” Chanyeol blushed and couldn’t fight the smile sneaking up on his face. 

“Thanks, Mom.” 

 

***~~~PRESENT~~~***

 

Half an hour passed and the three boys were still waiting for Baekhyun to wake up from his slumber. Chanyeol’s situation was already too much to handle and with Baekhyun passing out, things just went downhill way too quickly. If Chanyeol hadn’t woken up soon, Kyungsoo probably would’ve lost it and Jongin would have no way of controlling his love. 

“I’m glad you’re back with us, Chanyeol. We can have more adventures together- that uh… no camping…” Chanyeol chuckled and nodded. 

“Agreed. Let’s just stick to people-filled places.” With the accident that occurred, Jongin and Chanyeol both developed a huge fear of ever going camping again. If anything were to happen in a mall, or at a tourist site, there would be many people to help out the boys, but they’re alone and helpless out in the wilderness. Jongin tries to not think of those bad memories, but it would spur up sometimes. He had nightmares about the incident here and there. His thinking was interrupted by someone’s hand being placed on his back. Jongin turned to his right and saw a smiling Chanyeol, “Don’t worry about it anymore. We’re fine now.” Jongin nodded and smiled before turning back to look at Baekhyun. The boy was still unconscious, but eventually he would wake up again and their adventures can continue. Jongin only wondered how many more adventures there would be until something else happened. Unfortunately, he can’t think positively anymore because there’s always something big that happens to the group that brings them back to the hospital. The door opened slowly and Kyungsoo stuck his head in to check on everyone. He was on the phone earlier, but now he has returned and seemed even more happier than before. Jongin smiled at how cute his boyfriend gets when good things happen. 

 

Ah… I wonder what Kyungsoo stumbled upon to now.

 

--------------------

Here’s another apology… I will make this up to you and I will update this story multiple times today! I really hope that you guys are still reading this. What I realized was that I am on a terrible updating schedule and I should be more active rather than one chapter per day… Yeah I’m so sorry! Aigoo! >___< Hopefully this picture of KaiSoo makes it up…