Retold

Meant to Be?

RETOLD

The three boys were confused as to why Baekhyun had felt so scared. 
"Baekhyun... What's wrong?" 
"Kyungsoo... Do you remember when I told you about that creepy girl in seventh grade?" 
"Yeah...? Is this her?!" 
"YES! EVERYONE RUN!" The four boys all split in different ways and Min was wondering who to chase. She was so flustered that she had lost her phone and wasn't able to get revenge on Baekhyun. 

***~~~***

Baekhyun had ran all the way to the other side of the mall and was standing outside The Face Shop. He noticed that Min might look for him around here and so he ran downstairs. He spotted Chanyeol running and yelled out to him. The giant looked up and saw his boyfriend making his way down the stairs. He ran to him and met up in the middle of the stairs. The two boys were out of breath and they leaned against the railing to look around. 
"Did you see Kyung?" Baekhyun asked while searching the area. 
"No, did you see Jongin?" 
"Nuh uh. I hope they're alright."
"So do I... This is kinda fun." 
"No it's not. She's one scary girl!" 
"What happened exactly?" Baekhyun looked around and straightened his back. 
"Let's walk and talk." 

***~~~FIVE YEARS AGO~~~***

"Hello! What is your name!" 
"My name is Lee Min Young!" 
"Nice to meet you! Class, this is our new student, Lee Min Young!" 
"Hello Min Young!" The whole class said in unison. 
"Now you can take a seat over there." The teacher pointed to an empty desk next to the wall. Min walked over and sat down. Baekhyun was on the other side of the room and quickly glanced over at her. She was a pretty little girl, but Baekhyun didn't bother. He wondered if there would be any girl that would grab his attention like some guys do. He ruffled his hair and pushed away that thought. 

It's just a phase... Like what you've read before. You'll find a girl.

The class ran as usual, but when it came to group work, Baekhyun wanted to work with Myungsoo, however so did Min. When Baekhyun approached Myungsoo, he bumped into Min who was standing next to him. 
"I'm working with Myungsoo." Baekhyun said. 
"No, I am! Who gave you the right to work with him? You're name isn't written on him!" 
"Hey guys, calm down. Baekhyun, I'll work with you. Sorry Min." Baekhyun felt butterflies bursting inside his stomach and smiled. He stuck out his tongue and Min slapped his tongue. Baekhyun pulled back his tongue and covered his mouth. 
"That hurt!" 
"Don't stick your tongue at me!" The teacher walked over. 
"Is everything alright here?" 
"Baekhyun won't let me work with him!" Min pointed to Myungsoo.
"I chose Baekhyun as my partner!" 
"I chose Myungsoo as mine." 
"Baekhyun you always work with Myungsoo, why don't you let Min work with him for once?" 
"Yes Baekhyun, why don't you?" Min crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows. 
"But Mrs. Kim, that's not fair!" 
"You'll work with him next time! Let our new student have first pick." Baekhyun felt his butterflies die and heart drop. He liked Myungsoo, but wouldn't admit to him or Myungsoo. 
"You Min!" 
"Baekhyun! That's not nice!" 

***~~~***

The bell rang and the kids all ran out of the room. Myungsoo was making his way to Baekhyun's desk when Min grabbed his arm and tried pulling him to lunch. He pulled his arm back. 
"I'm waiting for Baekhyun."
"Why? Please come eat with me, I have no one!"
"Because he's my best friend." Baekhyun blushed at the words, but pretended to not notice. He finished cleaning his area and nodded to Myungsoo to let him know that he was done. Min was not happy and stormed off. Baekhyun smiled and walked out of his class with Myungsoo. They passed by Kyungsoo's class and he waved hello. Kyungsoo waved back and winked at Baekhyun. He didn't know what the wink was for, but he would eventually find out that Baekhyun's crush on Myungsoo wasn't very discrete. 

***~~~***

Min found Baekhyun after school and approached him at his locker. 
"Hello Min, what do you want?" 
"I know what you want... Or who you want." Baekhyun stopped what he was doing and completely froze. 
"Wh-what do you mean?" 
"It's very obvious Baekhyun. You're chasing after someone that you have no chance with. Your life is basically in my hands. I can tell the entire school your whole secret and then your life is over." 
"Oh yeah? Who... Who do I like?" 
"Baekhyun!" Kyungsoo called from behind. Baekhyun turned around and felt relieved to see his best friend waiting for him to go home. 
"Uh... Goodbye!" Baekhyun shut his locker and ran away towards Kyungsoo. Min evily smirked. 

***~~~***

The next day, before class began, Min walked up to Baekhyun and glared into his eyes. He felt very uncomfortable, but couldn't do anything. 
"You don't know who I like." 
"Oh yes I do. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. I don't think I even need to say anything. Everyone might know. Everyone." Baekhyun felt extremely nervous and began feeling sweat form on his forehead. 
"Yeah... I'm sure you're just lying." Min shrugged her shoulders and left. Myungsoo walked into the classroom and sat next to Baekhyun. 
"Good morning Baekhyun!" He greeted with a smile. 
"G-good morning..." He looked over to Min and she raised her eyebrows. Baekhyun fell in complete fear as she mouthed one person's name: Myungsoo. She had known. 

***~~~***

"Wow! I can't believe she knew all of that!" Chanyeol said in shock. 
"Yeah... I was so scared. I didn't know what to do! I was so desperate to change myself, but Myungsoo made me feel like I was fine." 
"Did he know?" 
"No! Of course not!" 
"Did you ever tell him?"
"Nah, I thought it wouldn't be worth if now. He's got some girl now. Besides, why would it matter when I have you?" 

***~~~***

"I think we lost her..." 
"Kyungsoo, we haven't spotted her for a good half hour. Pretty sure she's not chasing after us. Besides, what can she do now anyways?" 
"Well according to Baekhyun, she just knew how to make you feel uncomfortable and make you follow her command. It's weird and creepy."
"Well I'm glad we're out of that dilemma." Kyungsoo reached for something in his pocket.
"Here, it's your phone." 
"Thank goodness!" Jongin looked at his phone and his eyes widened. Kyungsoo noticed and raised an eyebrow.
"What's wrong?" Jongin showed the phone to Kyungsoo. His eyes widened as well. He saw a picture of Jongin and her together. It was clearly photoshopped, but what struck them was the messages Jongin was receiving. 

Oh congrats Jongin! What happened to Kyungsoo? 

Did you dump Kyungsoo for her? I hope you're happy Jongin!

What happened between you and Kyungsoo? Did things not work out? 

Kyungsoo checked his phone and noticed an unknown number calling him. 
"Hello?"
"Kyungsoo, this is Mr. Kim. What happened to Jongin? What happened between you two? Do I need to take him to America?" 

--------------------
I don't have much to say... Lol. I know how I want this story to end„ but I'm slowly developing it because I don't want to end it. Makes sense? Idk. But yeah. XD