Kiss

Meant to Be?

KISS

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun waited in the hospital to hear what the doctor had to say to them about Jongin’s condition. Kyungsoo couldn’t stop shaking and constantly had thoughts running through his mind. Luhan decided to follow the three of them just in case he could help in any way.

“Kyungsoo, stop shaking. He’ll be all right, trust me.” Baekhyun smiled to Kyungsoo and patted his shoulder. Kyungsoo looked over to Baekhyun and bit his lower lip. He wanted to believe Baekhyun so much. Kyungsoo ran the event over and over to him in his head. The brevity of it all seemed unreal. Jongin returns, but only to see him in a hospital bed. It was a terrible way to return back to your memories.

“I’ll try to stay calm…” Kyungsoo took a deep breath and then looked over to the door, “Why can’t this doctor hurry up already?”

“He’ll be here soon and give you good news too! Come on, cheer up!”

“Baekhyun… How can you tell me to calm down?” The coldness in Kyungsoo’s voice froze Baekhyun, “For so long I have waited for Jongin to return back to his normal self. I’ve been living through Hell and waited for the day he finally turned to me and showed me that he loves me. Now he’s lying on that bed and I won’t even know if I’ll have another chance at hearing him say ‘I love you.’” Baekhyun sat in silence. He wanted to tell Kyungsoo that he was overthinking things, but it wasn’t worth it. Kyungsoo would just lash back at Baekhyun. He let out a sigh and nodded. Baekhyun’s head jumped up to the sound of a door opening. Kyungsoo did the same. A doctor walked up to the two boys who both stood up to greet him.

“How is he doing?! He didn’t have any injuries did he?!”

“Jongin? He will be fine. There was just a sudden shock in his brain. A patient does not usually recover this way.”

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun asked.

“Well, usually they have to wake up to be able to remember… But it seems that he remembered everything before even being unconscious. Do you happen to know what might have triggered it? It had to be something serious.”

“It was…. Ummm….” Kyungsoo looked over to Baekhyun for what to tell the doctor. He was unsure how the doctor would treat the boys if they found out that Jongin’s memories came back because he found out that Luhan kissed Kyungsoo.

“He saw his girlfriend kiss someone… It was quite tragic…”

“Oh… I’m sorry to hear that… I guess that could be a trigger to waking himself up…”

“He’s going to be all right though… right?”

“Yes, of course! Other than the unusual way of recovering, he should be ready to leave in 2 days. There is nothing else wrong with him.”

“Thank you so much doctor! May I see him?!” Kyungsoo felt a heavy relief in his systems and was more than ready to see his precious Jongin.

“Yes, I’ll take you to his room. He should be there in about 15 minutes.” The doctor led the two to Jongin’s room and walked passed Luhan. He was sitting in a corner of a waiting area where he wouldn’t be spotted by the two. Luhan got up and walked up the to door of the operating room. He sighed and tried looking inside.

“Can I help you sir?” A nurse walked up to him.

“Huh? I’m just here to see my friend… He’s inside… So I guess I’ll have to wait?”

“Yes, those are the rules. I’m sorry. Are you all right? Your face looks bruised.” Luhan put his hand to the bruise and remember that Jongin had punched him there.

“I just ran into a pole…” The nurse chuckled.

“That’s what they all say.”  Luhan smiled and walked back to the waiting area. He sat down and waited for Jongin to be let out of his room. It wasn’t before long until the doctor was pushing Jongin towards his room. Luhan got up, but then realized that Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were probably waiting in the room. He sat back down and waited a bit longer to see Jongin. To kill time, he just played on his phone. He was interrupted when someone came up to him. Luhan looked up to this mysterious boy. His voice was quite odd, but it didn’t bother Luhan.

“Do you happen to have a phone charger on you? I see you’re using the same phone as I…” Luhan was frozen by this boy’s looks. “Do you speak Korean? I don’t think you’re Korean actually…”

“Uh… Sorry! I… Yeah, I have a charger.” Luhan took out a charger from his backpack and handed it over to the tall boy.

“Thanks… Lu… Han?”

“Huh? How do you know my name?”

“Your nametag!” Luhan looked down and realized that he was still wearing his nametag.

“Oh! Hah… silly me. Uhh… What’s your name?”

“Well you got my last name right… The first word you just said.”

“Oh?”

“Mhm.” The boy nodded and smiled.

 

***~~~***

 

Jongin’s eyes slowly opened to see Kyungsoo and Baekhyun watching TV together on the seats by his side.

“Kyung… Kyungsoo…” Kyungsoo quickly turned around and saw the helpless Jongin.

“KAI!” Kyungsoo jumped over to Jongin and hugged him.

“Kyungsoo be careful! You could be on some blood wires or whatever!”

“Oh yeah…” Kyungsoo got up and gave Jongin some space. Jongin smiled and slowly reached over to grab Kyungsoo’s arm. Kyungsoo smiled when their hands intertwined with one another.

“Come closer.” Kyungsoo got a few inches closer and waited for Jongin to say something. Baekhyun slowly turned away and called Chanyeol.

“Close enough?” Jongin shook his head. Kyungsoo leaned in closer.

“Closer…” Kyungsoo was now facing face-to-face with Jongin and their noses met. Kyungsoo was very confused on why Jongin wanted Kyungsoo this close to him. If Jongin had wanted to kiss him, then he would’ve done so already.

“What’s the point of this, if you don’t mind me asking…?” Jongin sighed and laid back on his bed. “Did I do something wrong?”
“It’s what you didn’t do…”

“Kiss you…?”

“Yeah… You don’t kiss me anymore?”

“OH! I’m sorry Kai! It’s been so different when you were gone and I haven’t kissed you in a couple of months! You don’t know how hard that was! I’m sorry! I’ve always been used to backing off of you now…”

“Don’t be, please.” Kyungsoo smiled, “I’m sorry that this happened and all, but I really hope you consider me your boyfriend again… I don’t want to leave you.” Kyungsoo couldn’t help the smile on his face. It wouldn’t go away at all.

“You don’t have to be sorry! You didn’t do anything. It’s all over now and we’re here.”

“Then…”

“Then what?”

“Will you come closer?” Kyungsoo slowly leaned in to Jongin. His eyes began to close and so did Jongin’s eyes. Their lips met and it was such a wonderful moment for Kyungsoo. In the months that he hasn’t been able to do this, it killed him. But finally, he was able to share his feelings. He didn’t want the moment to end at all. Eventually they both pulled away from each other.

“Kyungsoo…”

“Hmm?”

“I love you.”

 

-------------------

I’M SUPER DUPER SORRY THAT I HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR LIKE A MONTH! I had a slump in my life and I was just upset for a while. Then I have school and all. BUT I have returned! I haven’t died and this Fanfic will not either! >:D Thanks for still being here for me guys! You rock! ^.^