Decision

Meant to Be?

DECISION

 

“Wh-what is this?! Luhan, what’re you doing?!” Luhan was in complete disbelief. He had not expected his mother to be walking home the same way he was. She would usually drive in this weather. Sehun immediately backed off and stood behind Luhan, scared. 

“I was about to fall, so he-”

“I saw what was about to happen! Don’t you lie to me!” 

“Mom, please! Why’re you being-”

“Come inside RIGHT NOW!” Luhan was scared to look at Sehun. He didn’t know what to do or what to say to anyone. He was hoping for a miracle. Something to help him get through this situation. The rain was pouring down ever harder now and he could feel his life getting worse every second. The more he wanted to ignore the tears, the more they would build up in his eyes. He turned around to Sehun who had a very worried look on his face. Although it was hard to tell, Luhan could make bits and pieces of his face from the small glimmers of light. 

“Go. Be strong, Luhan. No matter what happens, I’m here for you.” Luhan was about to give Sehun a hug, but he was too late. A strong force pulled him away from Sehun and underneath a roof. It protected him from the rain, but he could see the lonely figure standing in the street being pelted by the rain.

“Let me bring him inside, please.” Luhan’s mother glared at him and stormed inside the house. She slammed the door behind her and Luhan rushed to Sehun. “Come inside.”

“Are you sure?”

“I know it’s going to be hard for you, but it’s pouring out and you’ll get really sick. Please be here with me. I know you’ll feel so awkward and it’ll be so very weird, but-” Luhan was cut off by the lips pressing on his. He could feel the wet hands of someone else’s feeling his moist cheeks. The kiss didn’t last long, but it was enough for Luhan to feel happiness in this dark time.

“I’ll be there with you. Let’s go inside.” Sehun was in complete fear for what waited Luhan inside. He didn’t know how his parents would feel about him being in the house either. Sehun just had one job: to keep Luhan accompanied by someone who understands and loves him. 

“Thank you.” Luhan held Sehun’s hand and they walked up to the door together. Luhan slowly let go of Sehun’s hand and opened the door. He hesitated to step foot inside, but Sehun urged him to quickly step in. As both of them made their way inside, all seemed peaceful. Luhan’s mother was nowhere to be found and it was very quiet. 

“The quiet before the storm scares the living hell out of me.” Luhan looked around once again and closed the door.

“Don’t worry, you’re not alone.” Luhan lead Sehun up to his room and tried to be as quiet as possible. Once he reached his room, he felt a little bit relieved knowing that he made it this far without being killed.

“Alright, let’s just get this night over with.” Luhan opened the door and noticed that suitcases were on his bedroom floor. He doesn't remember taking them out at all and was confused. He looked around his room, but nothing else was misplaced. 

 

Does she want me to move out?

 

“Here, let me get you new clothes.” Luhan found a pair of sweatpants and a shirt that fit Sehun perfectly. He also needed new boxers and Luhan offered that to him too. Sehun changed quickly so that he wouldn’t get Luhan in trouble for what his parents might think was happening. Once changed, Luhan stepped foot into his closet to change as well. He fought off the tears and reminded himself that Sehun is with him. As he finished changing, he stepped out and saw Sehun smiling at him, while he was situated on Luhan’s bed. 

“I’m so glad you’re here. Thank you for coming.”

“No problem at all.” Sehun smiled once more, but it was quickly erased. Luhan wondered why and looked at the door. Luhan’s mother was standing in the doorway glaring at her son. 

“Pack your things.” Luhan’s heart dropped.

“Wh-what?”
“You don’t live here anymore.”

“Mom, are you crazy?” Sehun wished he could be hiding in a closet right now, or underneath the blankets. This was just not the scene he wished he could be in the front row for. 

“You have until tomorrow night.” Luhan’s mother walked away and Luhan slowly turned to Sehun with tears already falling down his face. Sehun quickly got up to comfort the crying boy. He closed the door so that way Luhan’s mother couldn’t hear him cry. 

“Hey, stop crying. Come on, please don’t cry.”

“I-I told you… I told you she wouldn’t accept me. None of my family would.” Sehun didn’t know what to say. Now he was glad that he was here for Luhan. 

“Try talking to her about it.”

“She won’t listen.”

“Just try it, come on.” Sehun let go of Luhan and patted his shoulder, “Give it a try.” Luhan wanted to go back into Sehun’s arms, but he knew Sehun was right. Luhan opened the door and saw Luhan’s mother standing the doorway again with a bag in her hand. 

“This is for-”

“Please listen to me.” Luhan tried fighting off his sobbing. His mother glared at him and let out a sigh. She crossed her arms and made the ‘let me hear it’ posture.

“Why’re you being like this? You know I didn’t choose this! I would’ve done everything to make you happy, but this I didn’t choose! I’m sorry I can’t be the perfect son you wanted, but can’t you accept me even if I am gay? Can you please overlook that and just see me as your once beloved son?”

“You’re not my son. You will never be called my son ever again. Remember that Luhan. You’re lucky I’m dealing with this and it’s not your father. Are you done complaining?”

“Mom, please stop it. I don’t want to lose you from my life. Please let me stay with you!”

“Stop, stop now!” Luhan was completely silent and waited for his mother to continue. He tried looking over to Sehun, but his mother’s glare wouldn’t allow him to. Sehun was looking down the entire time and was scared out of his mind. 

“I’ll compromise with you.” Luhan felt a bit of relief flowing through him. 

“What is it?”

“You can stay with me, but.”

“But what?”

“But you can’t see him anymore. You can’t be in a relationship with anymore boys. Choose one: Your home here, or that boy over there. It’s up to you.” Her tone of voice was completely dominating and filled with suppressed rage. She could’ve yelled at him, but it’s this tone of voice that scares Luhan even more. “I’m waiting. Pick one. You can choose to go with him or stay with me.” Luhan shook inside. He didn’t want to have to ever make this decision in his life, but he knew that it would eventually come. He slowly turned over to Sehun who was staring right back at him. 

“It’s going to be alright, just choose Luhan.” Sehun said in an attempted calm voice. He too was shaking inside. Luhan turned back to his mom and wiped away the tears.

“Your future is up to your decision… SON.” 

 

--------------------

I love cliffhangers… Hehe. Poor Luhan… tsktsktsk. xD Hope you guys enjoyed that! ^.^