Involved

Meant to Be?

INVOLVED

The group of kids sitting around Kyungsoo and Jongin looked awkwardly at the two, which gave them the idea to return back to the table. When they made their way back, Chanyeol breathed a sigh of relief. Baekhyun was neutral and got up to throw away his lunch. He made his usual route to the garbage can and to the bathroom. 
"CHANYEOL, HE GIGGLED!" Chanyeol's eyes lit up with hope. 
"Really? But how do you know if it's for me?" 
"What else would he giggle at?" Chanyeol thought about it for a second and agreed. 
"You're right... I hope I can change things. I'm such an idiot." 
"Stop thinking like that." Kyungsoo could not stand his friend being so harsh on himself. 
"But Soo, it's the truth isn't it?" 
"It's not Chanyeol. You made a mistake. We all did." 
"Yeah, even if it weren't me, I made mistakes to go after someone else, too." Kyungsoo and Chanyeol looked to Jongin. He confidently looked them back in the eye. "I'm not afraid to admit it." 
"Well there you go! Kai said he's made mistakes, I've made mistakes. Chanyeol, this is just a mistake that you can learn from. It'll be fine." 
"I hope so... I really hope we can get back together. I can't stand the thought of seeing him everyday and not being able to communicate like before." 
"I know, just don't worry too much. Things will get better soon, I'll make sure it happens." 
"Thanks Soo. Thanks Jongin." 
"No problem!" Kyungsoo gave Chanyeol a high five and Baekhyun returned right after. 
"How was the bathroom break?" 
"It's disgusting. You would want to clean all of it, Soo." 
"It's always gross, hah." Baekhyun chuckled and checked his phone with one hand while the other was a support for his head. Chanyeol did his best not to look, but Baekhyun could see Chanyeol taking quick glances from the corner of his eye. Chanyeol looked up once more and Baekhyun was staring emotionless towards Chanyeol with his head still resting on his hand. Chanyeol quickly looked down to his food and ate it. Baekhyun chuckled and continued playing on his phone. Kyungsoo and Jongin was observing everything. They looked at each other and wondered if they had become invisible in Baekhyun and Chanyeol's eyes. The bell rang and Baekhyun got up to go to his class. He made his way into the crowd of people and Kyungsoo couldn't catch up to him in time. Chanyeol's class was in the other direction from Kyungsoo and Jongin's so he made his way after saying goodbye. 
"You saw that right?" 
"How Chanyeol made it so obvious?" 
"And then Baekhyun caught him?" 
"Yep. All of it." 
"I find it quite cute actually. The silent treatment..." 
"Do you want it?" Kyungsoo pressed his lips together and shook his head. He didn't need anymore of that.

***~~~***

Chanyeol sat in class and constantly thought about what happened. He wanted so badly to talk to Baekhyun again and everything reminded him of the little boy. 
"45 minutes left for your tests!" Chanyeol snapped back to reality and realized he had been day dreaming for half an hour. He quietly cursed to himself and resumed work on his test. All he had down was his name. 

***~~~***

Baekhyun sat in class and found it boring so he looked out the window. He noticed a couple down at the grass area by a beautiful garden. He was instantly brought back to the time when Chanyeol and him would go there during the nice weather and lay down next to each other to observe the peaceful blue sky. 
"Baekhyun, you alright?" Baekhyun slowly turned to Kyungsoo and shook his head. 
"What's wrong?" 
"I miss him..." 
"Then why don't you give him another chance?" 
"I don't want to get hurt. He likes that girl... There's no point." 
"He doesn't like her, how do you know?" 
"Because the way he looked at her that one day... I just know it." 
"Look, I'll try to confirm this-"
"No, I want to handle it on my own." 
"Are you serious? How're you going to do that if you're not even talking to him?" Baekhyun sighed and shrugged his shoulders. 
"Am I bad person?" Kyungsoo shook his head and smiled. 
"You wouldn't be my best friend if you were." 
"But then... Ah... What did I do? What did I do to deserve this?" Baekhyun's eyes began welling up with tears.
"Shhh. Baek, you're crying. Stop, come on. You're not a bad person." Kyungsoo wiped away Baekhyun's tears and Baekhyun hid his face with his arms on the desk. Kyungsoo rubbed his back. "You're a good person... Good people get the worst of things, I guess." Students were looking to Baekhyun, but Kyungsoo just told them that he'll be fine.

***~~~***

The bell rang for students to leave school and Jongin met up at Kyungsoo's locker and waited for him.
"Any luck?" Kyungsoo asked as he approached his locker and began spinning the lock.
"Nope." Kyungsoo opened his locker and put his books inside in exchange for others. 
"Well I spoke with Baekhyun about the situation. He does miss Chanyeol-"
"Then we should make this happen!" 
"Wait! You didn't even let me finish. He said he wanted to handle it on his own, but he doesn't know how. We will make it happen."
"I was just going to suggest that. But are you going to go against his wishes?"
"Of course!" 

***~~~***

To: Park Chanyeol

Hey, can you come over and help me fix my room? 

"Alright I texted him." 
"How long do we wait before telling Baekhyun?" 
"Like 10 minutes." 

***~~~***

There was a knock on the door and Jongin opened the door. 
"Hey Chanyeol! Kyungsoo will be right back. He had to go get some things." 
"Sure, no problem! What's wrong with his room anyway?" 
"Something with the closet." Jongin sat down on the couch and Chanyeol did the same. 
"I guess we'll wait here until he gets back?" 
"Yeah, wanna watch TV?" 
"Sure!" 

***~~~***

"Baekhyun!" 
"What?" 
"Come over, I need help with something." 
"Ugh, alright. Give me a minute." Baekhyun returned into the house from his window and Kyungsoo waited for Baekhyun outside on his front lawn. In just a matter of minutes, Baekhyun came down the stairs and was dressed quite bummy with a plain white shirt and shorts. 
"You look dressed down..." 
"I'm not going to the mall or anything." 
"That's true, come on." Kyungsoo lead Baekhyun to his house and was freaking out inside. 
"What do you need help with anyways?" 
"The closet door on my room is broken again." 
"Ugh, alright fine. You seriously need to fix that permanently." 
"Sorry for taking time out of your day, but I'm sure it won't take long." 
"Took us two hours last time." Kyungsoo opened the door and allowed Baekhyun to walk inside first. 
"Kyung- Baekhyun..." Chanyeol's smile disappeared. Kyungsoo slowly followed inside afterwards and closed the door behind him. Baekhyun turned around and glared at Kyungsoo. 
"What are you doing?" 
"Look you two need to straighten things out. I can't keep seeing you like this!" 
"Soo-" 
"I told you to leave this to me. I told you not interfere." 
"Baekhyun, I want to help you get through this as fast as possible!" 
"I TOLD YOU TO NOT GET YOURSELF INVOLVED! MOVE!" Baekhyun went towards the door and tried pushing Kyungsoo out of the way. Jongin ran over and kept Baekhyun inside. 
"Why don't you guys talk it out? PLEASE!" 
"TALK IT OUT? TELL HIM TO TELL YOU GUYS WHAT HAPPENED TODAY! TELL HIM WHAT HAPPENED WHEN HE MET THE GIRL TODAY AFTER SCHOOL!" 
"What?" Kyungsoo and Jongin looked to Chanyeol and he looked towards the ground. 
"Happy?! Are you happy now?!" Baekhyun was red from anger and his face was wet from the tears streaming down his face. He pushed Kyungsoo out of the way and ran outside. Chanyeol did not hesitate at all and ran after him. Jongin held onto his arm and Chanyeol pulled himself free. 
"I will explain later." Chanyeol left to go chase after Baekhyun. 
"Wow..." Jongin said.

--------------------
Here's another chapter for you! ^.^ Things are getting crazy!