Morning

Meant to Be?

 

MORNING

The two lovers are sleeping happily in the bed together. The night before was something so great for both of them. Baekhyun quietly opens the door and walks carefully over to the bed smiling at the two of them. He leans over to Jongin and tries to wake him up as quietly as possible.

“Jongin, wake up… Jongin.” Jongin slowly wakes up and looks around slowly. Baekhyun signals him to get up and Jongin takes his arm away from Kyungsoo hoping he wouldn’t wake up. He walks over out of the room and gets ready. Baekhyun brought over a new change of clothes for Jongin he goes to take a shower. Kyungsoo feels himself waking up, but before he opens his eyes, he thinks about what happened last night and just smiles at the thought of it. He also smiles greatly at the thought that Jongin would be right in front of him as he wakes up to his birthday. Kyungsoo feels like there is some emptiness in the bed and slowly opens his eyes hoping Jongin was still there. When Kyungsoo doesn’t see Jongin, he looks around and doesn’t see any trace of Jongn.

 

Was everything a dream…?

 

He slowly gets up and looks around again. The floor seems like it was before Jongin had walked in last night. He then walks over to the desk and checks to see if the photo that he wrote on is still there.

 

The photo isn’t here… But then… where is it? It couldn’t have been a dream… It felt so real. Please don’t let it be just a dream.

 

Kyungsoo opens the door to go downstairs, but while he’s walking, he hears the sounds of people talking and smells food. He rushes downstairs before being stopped by Chanyeol. Kyungsoo is impressed by Chanyeol’s new clothes, but confused as to why he’s stopping Chanyeol.

“You have to turn around and go get ready.”

“This is MY house you know…”

“Come on Soo, just go get ready.”

“Why? I want to know what’s going on!”

“Soo, if you get ready, then you’ll know.”

“Ugh, fine!” Kyungsoo walks upstairs and Chanyeol follows him to the bathroom. He stops in front of the bathroom and waits while Kyungsoo showers.

 

What is going on? Today is my birthday, right? Whatever, I’ll just get ready.

 

When he finished and opens the door, he sees Chanyeol waiting on the other side of the hallway.

“I’m glad I got SOME privacy.” Chanyeol chuckles and stands in the hallway as Kyungsoo enters his room.

“Hmm… I should wear something special. I do have some clothes that I have for special occasions… Let’s wear this… oh and this!” Kyungsoo finally got his clothes organized all together and liked the arrangement. When he finished dressing up and fixing his hair, he walked out and didn’t see Chanyeol anywhere upstairs. Kyungsoo walks downstairs and notices that no one is around.

 

Strange… There were some voices and what not before I went to shower. Nothing is out of the ordinary, so I can cross out burglary.

 

Kyungsoo makes his way into the kitchen and sees it all clean and spotless.

 

Alright, so I’m going crazy…

 

Kyungsoo walks into the dining room and is shocked by what happens next.

“SURPRIIIIIIIISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYUNGSOO!” Baekhyun, Jongin, Chanyeol, Jessica, and his parents all go up to him and hugs him. Kyungsoo felt like the most special person in the world couldn’t fathom how great his birthday was turning out. They finally let go and Kyungsoo can’t stop smiling.

“You guys did all this for me?” Kyungsoo looked at everyone and then the food. It looked amazing and he couldn’t think of none other than his mother who would have made it. “This looks awesome! Thanks everyone! You guys are the best!”

 

***~~~***

 

Mr. and Mrs. Do rush through breakfast because they have an important meeting at work and won’t be home until late. Everyone waves them goodbye and they wish Kyungsoo a happy birthday again before leaving. The breakfast was amazing and once they finished, Jessica got up.

“BaekYeol and I have prepared something for you guys…” Jongin looked as confused as Kyungsoo did.

“Just stay put alright? It’s nothing bad!” Chanyeol did his best to put any worries to rest. The three of them walked into the kitchen.

“What’s going on?”

“This part, I had no clue of.”

“You’re saying you had a clue of everything else that’s been going on?” Jongin nodded.

“We needed a backup in case you didn’t accept me last night. And then this breakfast would be something more as well.”

“Is there anything else?”

“You’ll have to wait and see Birthday Cutie.” Kyungsoo blushed and their attention turned to Baekhyun who walked over and smiled.

“What’s with the smile?” Kyungsoo was curious as to why Baekhyun was smiling so much.

“Jessica, Chanyeol! Are you guys done yet?”

“Yeah, yeah! You would think Jessica is good at this stuff since she’s a girl!”

“EXCUSE ME?!” Baekhyun sighed and started making his way to the kitchen.

“Calm down! Can we please just get this to them in ONE PI-?” Baekhyun broke up the fight that was about to rage when he saw Jessica with a knife in her hand that looked like she was about to stab Chanyeol. “Jessica… calm down and put down the knife…”

“I’m preparing the knife silly!”

“She was definitely trying to stab me!”

“I could’ve stabbed you if I wanted to!”

“GUYS! Stop!” Jessica and Chanyeol agreed and finally finished their surprise. Baekhyun turned off the lights and ran back into the kitchen. Jessica started the Happy Birthday song and then Baekhyun and Chanyeol followed.

 

Well this was pretty obvious… but why didn’t Jongin go back there?

 

When they finished the song and walked over to Kyungsoo with the cake, he noticed there was more writing than “Happy Birthday Kyungsoo” on it.

 

Happy Birthday 18th Kyungsoo!

Congrats on getting back together!

 

Kyungsoo smiled and looked to Jongin who was also smiling.

“Make a wish baby.”

“Make it with me.” Kyungsoo moved the cake a little closer to Jongin. There was a pause for a few second as Kyungsoo closed his eyes making his wish.

“Alright, ready?” Kyungsoo looked over to Jongin who nodded. Together they blew out the candle. They’ve done this once before at the auditorium.

 

***~~~FLASHBACK~~~***

 

“Uh, wait! Since it’s Jongin’s first year here, let’s let him blow out the candle!”

“Why not let the both of them do it together?” Jessica insisted.

“Good idea actually, that way you don’t have to light two candles.” Some other kid said.

 

I wish that Kyungsoo and I could get back together and we can just be the happiest people alive. I hope that he can give me a second chance.

 

I wish for eternal happiness with Kim Jongin. I want him to be there with me through my toughest times and just change to become better after all this is over.

 

“Ready?” Jongin nodded.

“3… 2… 1…” They both blew out the candle hoping their wishes would come true. Everyone clapped and the lights came back on.

 

***~~~***

 

--------------------

There’s another chapter for you guys! I was very busy yesterday, so I didn’t have time to update. But I had plans drafted out already so writing this went much faster. ^.^