Attempt

Meant to Be?

ATTEMPT

“You caused this didn’t you?!” Jessica held Baekhyun back before he could get to Tiffany.

“I didn’t… Jongin did…”

“What’re you trying to say here…?” Kyungsoo was utterly confused by her sudden appearance on the scene.

“I can’t believe you don’t get it either. I spoke to Jongin and I made him realize what he just lost… I don’t think you guys will believe me, but I’m not going to take a side whose wrong. Kyungsoo…” She turned to Kyungsoo who was still frightened by her. “I’m sorry for what I did to you before. I know that the wounds are still there and maybe someday we can look past them and you can just leave them to heal. Until that day comes, I hope you don’t have to hate me… But I do want to ask you something…” Kyungsoo then nodded.

“What is it…?”

“What do you think you’ve done wrong in the final moments of your relationship?” He was silent and just wondered about it all.

 

What DID I do wrong…?

 

“You can’t think of anything right?” Kyungsoo shook his head.

“Nothing at all… not really.”

“That’s because you didn’t… You only told Jongin how you felt and with all that anger, you finally realized it was pointless to stay with him, right?”

“Yeah… how do you-”

“I was right around the corner when you smashed the glass… I stopped and eavesdropped… Sorry, but I was behind you when you threw the glass. Surprised you didn’t notice.” Kyungsoo wasn’t mad that she listened in. In fact, he was happy that she didn’t change up the story and lied to everyone about what happened.

“You listened in on the conversation… Now what? You want me to get back with him?”

“Jongin asked me the same thing. I told him to think about it and I want you to think about it, too. Do you really want to get back with Jongin and does he want to get back with you? It’s all up to you guys and I’m not going to decide for you-”

“WE’RE not going to decide for you.” Jessica interrupted. Kyungsoo looked at everyone in front of him. It was obvious that Jessica and Tiffany spoke the truth. He can’t find an answer to this with the help of others; he needed to find it within himself.

“I understand… Just give me time to think about it.”

“Don’t be in a rush, it’s all up to you guys. Anyways, I have to go now. I wanted to stop by and tell everyone what happened. If it’s not what you wanted, then sorry, but I wanted them to hear it from me first in case you don’t remember from being so angry.”

“It’s no problem… Thanks Tiffany, I’ll see you at school then…”

“Alright, goodbye Kyungsoo, goodbye everyone!” Tiffany ran off into the distance.

“What’re you going to do now, Soo?”

“I was going to tell you what happened… What exactly did she tell you guys?” Jessica explained to Kyungsoo everything that Tiffany told them.

“Then you said ‘Happy Early Birthday, hope you got the breakup you wanted’ and walked out…”

“Yeah… that’s how it all happened…” He was shocked that she didn’t lie.

 

Maybe she did change…

 

“Sor-”

“I told you guys that we’re here to get our minds OFF of Jongin, not to be reminded of him… Can we stop apologizing and just enjoy the rest of the day?” Baekhyun was getting a little annoyed that his plan to get Kyungsoo to lighten up wasn’t working out so well.

“Alright, so what do you think we should do?”

“Hmm… We can…” Baekhyun took his hands and leaned in for Kyungsoo’s stomach. He was tickling Kyungsoo so much that it seemed like Kyungsoo totally forgot what happened.

“I’ll get you for that!”

“No you won’t!” Baekhyun stuck out his tongue and ran away. Kyungsoo chased after him. Jessica and Chanyeol just stood there watching the two enjoying themselves.

“It’s not going to last… Baek’s doing a good job keeping him happy, but once we leave each other for the night, Soo’s going to be back to being upset.” Chanyeol nodded.

“Sadly… But for now, he can just live up the moment and know that his friends are there for him.”

“You’re right…”

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo laid on his bed looking up at his ceiling thinking about all the times he spent with Jongin. The laughs, the happiness, and all the wonderful memories that they had together. It was all gone before he knew it.

“Just one day… it changed in just one day.” He thought back to the first time they kissed. “AH! I wish I can have that back again… Too bad he doesn’t want to have it back.” Kyungsoo looked back to the time when Jongin told him they shouldn’t kiss as much and then started tearing. “The true meaning comes if you feel it, or not. It doesn’t get lost if you still have the feelings. Nothing I did ever since you’ve changed seems to be of anything to you anymore.” He looked back to all the pictures of the two had together. He swiped through them and reminiscence back to the moments when they first captured. “I could still go back out with him, but what’s the point if I just get upset about not being appreciated?” He looked back to the times when he would send a selfie for Jongin. Before he changed, Jongin would love them and call them cute. The last selfie he sent Jongin…

 

Woah, are you at home?

 

Yeah… it’s my mom’s room, though. I took it before I left for my grandparent’s house.

 

Kyungsoo sniffled and wiped his tears away. “I don’t even know why I wasted my time on you.” Finally, he reached the end of the Camera Roll where he found a picture of Jongin and Tiffany smiling to the camera. “You smile so genuinely when you’re with her…”

 

***~~~***

 

Jongin laid down on his bed constantly checking his phone for a text message from Kyungsoo. He knew it was stupid to wait for Kyungsoo to text him, since it probably wouldn’t happen. Jongin let out a sigh and went through his phone and swiped through pictures of them together. Jongin let out another sigh and sent a message before closing his eyes and going to sleep.

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo was getting ready to sleep and finished his prayers. He plugged the charger in for his phone and before letting go; he heard the ringtone he set for Jongin. Kyungsoo wanted to let go of it so badly and just go to sleep without having to cry himself to sleep. His curiosity dominated him and he looked at the message before tearing. Three simple words meant so much to him after what just happened today.

 

From: Kai <3 :)

 

I miss you… :’(

 

Kyungsoo wasn’t sure if he should ignore it or if he should care about it.

 

Why now when I want to sleep? Ugh.

 

Kyungsoo put his phone down and closed his eyes. He did the best he could to go to sleep.

 

Now you know how I feel…

 

--------------------

Harsh of Kyungsoo to do so, but Jongin does deserve it! >:P There will be more significance to Tiffany, she won’t be gone just yet, hehe. ^.^