Time

Meant to Be?

 

TIME

Kyungsoo was ready to freak out; he had no idea what to do.

 “What do I do? How do I find this location? What do I do, Baekhyun?!”

“Soo, you can just text them…”

“Oh… that’s right…” Kyungsoo asked them where they were and they replied quite quickly.

 

New Year makes it light up.

End of the year and of the sun.

An attraction like no other in the world.

Read the line it gives off.

 

“How does that help us?!”

“That seems awfully useless…” Baekhyun thought that it was no help whatsoever.

“Wait, it’s a riddle… damn it. The only one who I know how to solve these are Chanyeol!”

“Then don’t worry, he said he’ll be done in about 3 hours.” Baekhyun checked the time and it was 2:40. “Look Soo, we’ve got about 6 hours after Chanyeol is done with whatever he needs to be done with! Just send him the riddle.”

“Alright, I’ll calm down now. Let’s try to figure this out on our own while we’re waiting.” Kyungsoo sat down next to Baekhyun and kept rereading the riddle over to himself. The first line was too vague for Kyungsoo.

 

So many things light up when the New Year is here…

 

After 20 minutes, Kyungsoo got another message.

 

The first location contains a name.

It is irreplaceable.

Measurable in different ways.

Everyone is affected by it.

Sometimes different for people.

 

“Baekhyun, here.” Baekhyun took out a pencil and started writing out the riddle.

“I honestly hate riddles! They take forever to figure out!” Kyungsoo couldn’t agree more. Riddles always seemed like a way for villains to get more time.

 

***~~~***

 

Jongin was slowly waking up from whatever knocked him out. He looked around and couldn’t find the ability to move around. He also couldn’t open his mouth.

“Well… Well… Well…” Jongin was surprised to see his father was in charge of all of this. Mr. Kim showed Jongin the same picture that he text Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo! Damn it, if I get my hands on you dad, you’ll regret putting me in this!

 

Mr. Kim smiled and patted Jongin’s head.

“If you listened to dad, none of this would’ve ever happened. You can be together with your beautiful Kyungsoo. Jongin knew that since his dad had his phone, he could look through all the messages between them. Jongin became more and more furious as he knew he couldn’t do anything about it. He started shaking the chair and trying to free himself.

“You’re such an enraged little boy. We’ll have to fix that.” Someone came over and took a needle to inject something into him. Jongin tried fighting off the feeling to doze off, but he couldn’t stop it and eventually succumbed to it.

 

***~~~***

 

“I can’t just sit here and do nothing anymore!”

“What’re you going to do? You don’t even know where this guy is! Come on, let’s just think about this!”

“We’ve been thinking for half an hour and the only person who can do this for us is Chanyeol! Why can’t he just hurry up?!”

“And you call me the impatient one-”

“JONGIN’S LIFE IS ON THE LINE!”

“You never know that! The guy didn’t say what he’ll do if we don’t get to Jongin on time.”

“You’re right… But I feel like something awful will happen!” The time kept ticking away and all they could do was think constantly without any leads. When the time read 4, Kyungsoo received another hint.

 

Second name of location.

Questions of how to get there.

Ultimate end of the year.

Are you ready?

Running out of time.

Excite yourself with this.

 

Kyungsoo was confused by the last line. He received a video this time. It was Jongin struggling to get out of the chair. Kyungsoo could feel his heart beating intensely now. The pain it gave off felt like it would burst right out. He showed Baekhyun and Baekhyun saw how terrible this made Kyungsoo feel.

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll find this guy and we’ll make him pay! I promise you that!” Kyungsoo’s phone rang and it was Chanyeol.

“CHANYEOL!”

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry that his happened! It’s going to take me a while for me get it through my mind, but I’ll let you know when I have it. I’ll be over really soon, like an hour or so. Kyungsoo, don’t worry, I’ll figure this out and we’ll see Jongin really soon!”

“Thanks Chanyeol, please hurry!”

“No problem and will do! I’ll try my best to get out of this work and I’ll let you know when I’m coming over.” He hung up and Kyungsoo felt some relief knowing that Chanyeol was ready to help their cause.

“Look, now you should be feeling better that Chanyeol is helping you out!” Just 15 minutes later, Chanyeol texted Kyungsoo saying that he was coming over.

 

***~~~***

 

There was a knocking on the door and Kyungsoo ran up to it. Chanyeol was panting really hard and Kyungsoo quickly brought him in.

“How’d you get your mom to let you leave early?”

“Don’t… worry… about that… now.” Baekhyun went to go get Chanyeol a glass of water. Chanyeol gulped the whole thing down before telling Kyungsoo what he discovered.

“I understand most of the text already. You have to be in a certain location and look towards the sunset. That’s where he is. ‘End of the year and of the sun… Read the line it gives off.’ End of the year has some meaning, but it’s really talking about the sun. Turn towards west when you arrive at the location.” Kyungsoo felt better knowing that Chanyeol was here to help without any distractions now.

“Alright, so what about the other lines?”

“They seem all jumbled to me… I don’t think it could mean anything unless there’s another hint.” Chanyeol tried playing around with the lines.

 

***~~~***

 

“It’s no use, I can’t figure anything out yet. When’s the next hint coming?”

“In about…” Kyungsoo checked the time and it was 4:50. “Ten minutes.”

“Hmm…” Chanyeol started writing out the riddle again until he noticed a pattern. “KYUNGSOO! I GOT IT!” He arranged the words and showed Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. “You have to focus in on the first letters of each line. You get this!”

 

NEAR TIMES SQUARE

 

--------------------

Sorry this took a little bit to get uploaded! I was typing at 2-3 in the morning and I fell asleep and it took me a while to come up with this. Hope you guys like it! :D