Date

Meant to Be?

DATE

 

Jongin looked at the worried Kyungsoo and knew what he was thinking. Kyungsoo’s face showed one of worry and fear. Jongin smiled and looked Kyungsoo straight in the eye before pressing his lips against the other boy’s. 

“Don’t worry, she’s nothing compared to you.” Kyungsoo knew he shouldn’t be worried, but something just wasn’t connecting. He wanted more proof and so he had a brilliant idea. 

“This sounds crazy, but why don’t you go on a date with her and see what she wants…”

“What?” Jongin was taken back by this. He didn’t think Kyungsoo would even say that considering how much of a worried person he is. Something else was up and he would find out what it is.

“Just give it a shot, it can’t be that bad… can it?”

“But… What about you?” 

“What do you mean?”

“Kyungsoo, I know how worried you can get at times. What’re you going to do about that?” Kyungsoo placed his hand on Jongin’s shoulder.

“Listen, I just want things to be cleared up between you and her. And maybe you can sort out your feelings…” Jongin pulled Kyungsoo into a warm hug and squeezed him with much love. 

“Stop thinking that I like her. I’m with you Kyunggie. Stop thinking it.”

“But-”

“I want you to stop. Please, do you not trust me?” 

“I don’t want to lose you again that’s all.” Jongin squeezed Kyungsoo another time before looking into the teary eyes of a scared boy. Jongin knows what Kyungsoo has been through and he understands how difficult it has been. He wiped away the tear that was making its way down to the owner’s chin. His finger slowly moved down to the chin and picked up Kyungsoo’s head so that their eyes would meet. 

“Stop worrying. I’m here. I will ALWAYS be here with you. I will never leave you again.” Kyungsoo smiled and wiped away another tear. 

“I still want you to go to that date.”

“Why?”

“I want to see how you are with her.” Jongin was confident nothing would happen so he smiled.

“Alright, let’s do this. You want me to prove to you that it’s only you, right?”

“That’s not what I wa-”

“Let’s go!” Jongin dragged Kyungsoo along with him to go get ready. He stopped in the kitchen and pushed Kyungsoo towards the counter.

“How is this getting ready?” Jongin cutely pointed to his stomach.

“I’m hungry…” 

 

***~~~***

 

Jongin had texted the girl where to meet him and what time as well. Kyungsoo had just finished showering and they were getting their nice attires ready. 

“Make sure to walk far away from me. We don’t her knowing that you’re here too, Mr. Detective.”

“Oh hush! I’ll be sitting around you guys.” Jongin had told the girl to meet at a Starbucks at a mall near Kyungsoo’s house. It would be easy to get to and then they could just come home after everything was all finished. 

“Ready?” Kyungsoo nodded and they made their way to the bus stop to patiently wait for the bus. Jongin could finally let Kyungsoo’s worry go away and they could finish up the day that they had started earlier before. 

 

***~~~***

 

“I’ll sit here and you can go walk around looking for her.” 

“That’ll make it seem like I want her.” Kyungsoo thought about this and agreed. He pointed to a seat that wasn’t too far away from where he was sitting.

“You can sit there. Just have her come up to you.” Jongin nodded and went to go sit down with his frappuccino.

Kyungsoo played on his phone for a little bit before looking up to see a beautiful girl walk up to Jongin. He was absolutely stunning and Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. He had never seen such a dazzling girl before. In one second, Kyungsoo thought that he had turned straight for her, but then his thoughts were quickly wiped away when she grabbed Jongin and pulled him into a hug. He felt intense jealousy inside him as he watched the two hug. 

 

He hugged her back! 

 

Kyungsoo pretended to not look, but he wanted to know what was going on. At times, he would catch Jongin staring right at him. He wanted to smile, but he knew that would disturb the whole plan. Jongin would occasionally nod his head and laugh. From afar, Kyungsoo would admire his boyfriend and how gorgeous he is. They talked for a few more minutes before the girl got up and grabbed Jongin’s arm. 

“Come on, Oppa, let’s go get some food!” Jongin shook his head and stayed in his seat. 

“I want to stay here, I already ate some delicious waffles before I came here!” 

“I can make you better waffles at my house. Come on, let’s go!” Jongin snatched his hand back and looked into her eyes. 

“I don’t want to go! I’m staying here.”

“Why’re you always like this? Ever since we’ve known each other.” 

“Because you’re too much at times! Just go on if you want to go, I’m staying here.”

“You’re going to be here alone? Who’re you waiting for anyways? You came here to see me, didn’t you?” 

“You’re so conceited! I didn’t come here to see you. I’m waiting for my mom. It seemed convenient to meet up. I thought you had changed, but you’re still the same.”

“Oh Jongin, stop it! We can get some food and even invite your mom! I’ll pay!” 

“No Ji Eun, I don’t want to go!” 

“Then I’ll just drag you there!” Jieun took her other hand and grabbed Jongin’s wrist to pull him out of his chair. It seemed to work because he was now on his feet and in her arms. Jongin quickly pushed her off and looked towards Kyungsoo who was clearly angry. Jieun turned to Kyungsoo and turned back to Jongin.

“Look, you’re causing a scene! Let’s go get some food and give the people their happiness.”

“Jieun would you-”

“Kyungsoo! Jongin!” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he turned to origin of the voice. It was none other than Chanyeol. 

 

Why now??

 

Chanyeol was escorted by Baekhyun. They both ran up to Kyungsoo and looked at Jieun with Jongin. They were quite confused when he saw her holding his arm.

“What’s going on here?” Chanyeol asked.

“You know them?” Jongin nodded. “Wait, you’ve been watching us the whole time?!” Jieun was a little bit angry at Kyungsoo since she felt stalked. “Who is he?”

“He’s my…” Kyungsoo couldn’t believe that Jongin had to pause. 

“He’s your…”

“He’s my…”

 

--------------------

Sorry about being dead for a week! I’m finally done with play, which means I can do more writing!!! =D