Smile

Meant to Be?

 

SMILE

“W-what…?” Jongin wasn’t sure if he heard Kyungsoo correctly.

“Leave me alone… for now… I just need time to think…” Jongin felt a little relieved knowing it wasn’t permanent and that he might still have a chance.

“A-alright… Goodbye then.”

“Wait.”

“Th-there’s rehearsal…” Kyungsoo turned around and walked inside the auditorium. Something about Kyungsoo gave Jongin some hope. He didn’t make his way to the auditorium right away because he had something planned on his mind.

 

***~~~***

 

“Baekhyun!” Baekhyun turned to his side and saw Jongin down the hallway.

“Oh, hey Jongin!”

“Hey, can you do a favor for me?”

“Sure… what is it?”

 

***~~~***

 

“Where are you guys going? Rehearsal is this way…”

“We’ll be right back! Tell Mrs. Gil we’ll be right there! Thanks Jess, love you!”

“Ew, I don’t need love from Baekhyun. Give that to Chanyeol.”

 

***~~~***

 

Jessica walked into the auditorium and walked up to Mrs. Gil.

“Baekhyun and Jongin will be right here… I think they’re running an errand or something.”

“That’s no problem. Don’t say anything, but…” Mrs. Gil leaned in to Jessica’s ear. “We have a cake for Kyungsoo and Jongin after practice to celebrate their birthdays!”

“Wait, but Jongin’s is on a school day…”

“That’s alright, I’m just afraid I’ll forget.”

“Hah, alright Mrs. Gil, I’ll keep quiet.” Jessica looked up on the stage and saw Kyungsoo walking around in circles. She walked up the stage and met with her friend.

“What’re you doing walking around in circles?”

“Just thinking…”

“About…?”

“Stuff…”

“Kyungsoo, just spill it.”

“Well… Well before I walked in here, Jongin and I spoke to each other…”

“Uh huh…?”

“And then he told me how he felt… I’m not sure if it was all of his feelings, but he said he wanted to be there with me forever.”

“So… what… You’re magically falling in love with him again?”

“I don’t think I ever fell out of it…”

“That’s good! You should just go back to him then!”

“But, what if it’s not as happy as I think it could be?”

“That’s why they call it ‘trying.’ You have to give it a shot again.”

“Don’t tell Jongin, alright?” Jessica nodded.

“So you’re going to do it.”

“I’m still thinking… I’m still pretty hurt from him and I don’t want to really see him.”

“That’s understandable… Just don’t hurt him too much. He’s a good kid, Soo. If you don’t want to go back out with him, then at least still be his friend. You are his best friend… I think… And you have to see his side too.”

“What do you mean?”

“So far, everyone has been on your side and saying how you’ve done nothing wrong. They never looked at Jongin and how he feels now. They don’t see the hurt inside him and how badly he feels about all this.”

“What’re you trying to get at?”

“I’m just saying that you should think about how he feels now…”

“I’ve always been doing that. Look at where it ended up. Jess, I always wondered if he missed me, if he still loved me, all those things. I’m tired of thinking of what he feels, I want to know for sure instead of guessing.”

“That was before… Think about how he feels now. Give me some kind of answer on what you think he feels now.”

“Probably… really bad.”

“Right, so if you just keep this up, then wouldn’t you feel bad that you’re causing him to feel bad?”

“It’s his fault.”

“Soo, who cares whose fault it is now. If you’re going to fix this, then you’re going to have look pass all of this.”

“Alright, fine, fine, I’ll think about his feelings too.”

 “Good.” Jessica smiled.

“MRS. GIL! WE’RE HERE! SORRY WE’RE LATE!” Kyungsoo was confused on why Jongin came in so late and why Baekhyun was with him.

“Baekhyun, where are my books?”

“Oh yeah, there in your locker. I got tired of carrying them. Just get them after practice!”

“Ah, alright fine.”

“Alright children, places!”

 

***~~~***

 

Rehearsal ran for about 2 hours and when they finally finished, the lights in the auditorium shut off. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun looked around the stage.

“What’s going on?” Kyungsoo was trying to look for a light switch immediately because the darkness in the auditorium made it really scary for him.

“Yeah, what gives?!” In the corner of the room, they noticed some lights which resembled candles. Jessica dragged Jongin on stage. All the students started singing Happy Birthday for Kyungsoo and Jongin and Mrs. Gil walked out with a huge cake.

“HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY KYUNGSOO AND JONGIN! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!”

“Make a wish!” Kyungsoo was one of Mrs. Gil’s favorite students and she always prepared something for his birthday.

“Thanks Mrs. Gil!”

“Uh, wait! Since it’s Jongin’s first year here, let’s let him blow out the candle!”

“Why not let the both of them do it together?” Jessica insisted.

“Good idea actually, that way you don’t have to light two candles.” Some other kid said. Kyungsoo looked at Jongin who looked back. Kyungsoo let out a sigh.

“Ready?” Jongin nodded.

“3… 2… 1…” They both blew out the candle hoping their wishes would come true. Everyone clapped and the lights came back on.

 

***~~~FLASHBACK~~~***

 

“I need you to open up Kyungsoo’s locker for me!”

“For what reason?”

“I want to put this up and see his reaction.” Jongin held up the picture of the one that slipped out of his locker.

“Hm… sure! These books are getting annoying anyways.” They both walked up to Kyungsoo’s locker and passed Jessica on the way.

“How do you know his combo?”

“Please, Soo tells me EVERYTHING! He even gave me keys to his house.”

“You guys are close.”

“10+ years since we’ve been friends.” Baekhyun got the locker opened and put the books inside.

“Got any tape?”

“No… but I think the art room is sure to have some!” He walked over to the art room and grabbed a roll of tape. Jongin carefully placed the tape on the picture and taped it to the inside part of the door of the locker.

“Don’t tell Soo, okay?”

“Alright, I won’t.”

“Thanks, I owe you a lot for this.”

“Don’t sweat it, just make my best friend happy. That’s all I want.”

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo walked up to his locker and started for his combination. Jongin was waiting around the corner and peeked to see Kyungsoo at his locker. Kyungsoo opened up his locker to grab his books, but before closing it, he paused at the picture. He just stared at it and smiled. When Jongin saw that he smiled, he was more than sure Kyungsoo still loved him. Kyungsoo took the picture down and held it in his hands staring and smiling at it. He put it in his pocket and made his way to the doors.

 

--------------------

Aw, how cute is that? :,D Well I hope nothing was too devastating for you guys! This chapter probably eased off of that insanity a bit. ^.^