Promise

Meant to Be?
PROMISE
Kyungsoo was in complete shock on what he had just heard. He didn't think that it was all over for him so quickly. 
"Kyungsoo, I'm joking!" Jessica laughed and patted his shoulder. "I would've told you much, much sooner!"
"Did you really have to do that?! Oh my gosh, you got me so worried!" 
"Don't worry! I won't go out with him. I've got someone else in mind!" Jessica winked and made her way towards the door. 
"Someone else... WHO IS IT?!" 
"I won't tell you! Figure it out on your own!" Kyungsoo ran up to Jessica and asked again. 
"Don't worry about it!" Jessica hugged Kyungsoo and squeezed him tightly. "Don't worry about this whole situation either. I would never leave you like that. Just remember that." 
 
What does she mean by that...? 
 
Kyungsoo smiled.
"Thanks Jess, I'm glad to have you." They let go. 
"No problem. Come on, let's get going on home."
"Alright, I'm getting tired myself for this whole thing." 
"How can you be tired?! I'm so pumped and ready for it tomorrow!" 
"I'm excited too, but that usually makes me tired, hahah." Jessica chuckled and shook her head. 
"Weirdo." 
"That's not nice!!" Jessica shrugged and made her way out the door. Kyungsoo rushed to follow her. Jongin comes out from behind the stage and looks at the two of them walking away together. He let out a sigh and put his hand to his heart. 
 
Who is it that I like? Is it Kyungsoo or Jessica? I wish I knew the answer. My heart beats for both of them... Or is that a lie? 
 
He grabbed his belongings and made his way home. 
 
***~~~***
 
"Kyungsoo! I am so worried! Ah! It's today and I am freaking out!" 
"Calm down Baekhyun, get some sleep! It's... 3:25?! SLEEP!" 
"Kyunghyung, I can't! I'm too nervous!" 
"Then talk to Chanyeol! Let me sleeeeeep! You and Jessica are so alike. I don't see why you're so pumped about this! I mean I am too, but that doesn't mean I need to wake people up at THREE IN THE MORNING!" Kyungsoo hung up the phone and went back to sleep. He turned off his phone to make sure that he wouldn't be getting anymore calls. On the other line, Baekhyun was laying in his bed with his heart beating like crazy. 
 
Geez, I haven't felt this way since I confessed to Chanyeol. 
 
He let out a sigh and texted his boyfriend. 
 
To: Channie
 
Are you awake? I'm so nervous about this thing. :( 
 
Instantly, he got a phone call and it was Chanyeol. The two talked over the phone until it was time to get ready for school. 
 
***~~~***
 
Kyungsoo woke up to a loud banging on his bedroom door. 
"Mmm, WHAT?!" Kyungsoo groaned and walked over to the door. It was Baekhyun who was all ready for school.  
"Kyung, it's like 6. Why aren't you getting ready yet?" Kyungsoo shrugged. 
"Why're you here so early?"
"You turned off your phone so I had to wake you up somehow!" Kyungsoo smiled at his friend's care. He stretched and yawned. 
"Alright, thanks Baek. I'll be right down. Let me go shower and everything and I'll meet you downstairs." 
 
***~~~***
 
They both walked into school and Jessica runs up to them. Baekhyun and Jessica are freaking out and Kyungsoo shakes his head. 
"You guys are seriously too over dramatic about this whole thing. Come on, we've done so many performances before!" 
"This one is different! It's like HUGE!" 
"Because we're the main singers?" Baekhyun nodded. Chanyeol walked up to them and Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a tight hug. 
"Happy Virus, can you please make things all better?" Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun's forehead.
"Better?" Baekhyun smiled and nodded. 
"Come on, let's get to class before we're late!" 
 
***~~~***
 
Everyone seemed to be so nervous about the play that the time wouldn't stop moving. It seemed like hours were seconds and by the time they knew it, it was time for one last rehearsal. 
"Come on children, last time before the curtains!" Mrs. Gil was also very nervous. It looked like she hadn't gotten any sleep at all. Jongin looks over to Kyungsoo who doesn't seem to be so busy. He walks over and taps Kyungsoo's shoulder. 
"Hey... You got a minute?" Kyungsoo nods. 
"Sure, what's up?" 
"What is love?" 
"What about it?" 
"Like what is it?" 
"It's a song... Is that what you were referring to?" Kyungsoo chuckles. 
"Not that, like the actual thing. Love." 
"Oh!" Kyungsoo pauses. "Well I'm not too sure, but I know that you've experienced it before. You and I both..." 
"What do you mean by that?" 
"Just think about Jongin... Think about it." Kyungsoo smiles and gets up to warm up his voice. 
 
What did he mean by that? Who do I love? Do I actually love anyone? Are Kyungsoo and I meant to be together? 
 
Jongin's thoughts kept racing. 
 
***~~~***
 
"Oh gosh, here they all come!" Baekhyun was peeking through the curtains and saw all the people coming into the auditorium. 
"Chill! We're going to be fine!" Kyungsoo looked through the crowd and saw his parents and Baekhyun's parents as well. He let out a sigh and walked to warm up his voice some more. Jongin was stretching and Baekhyun eventually followed Kyungsoo as soon as he spotted Chanyeol. 
 
***~~~***
 
The play went by as smoothly as everyone had hoped. There were no mess ups and everything was finally coming to a close. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun took the stage for their last song. As soon as they finished singing, everyone rose up and clapped. Chanyeol was cheering for Baekhyun. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun felt so wonderful that it was all over. All the performers came out and all bowed together and the curtains fells. The night was coming to a close and it was an unforgettable one. Especially what happened after. 
 
***~~~***
 
Kyungsoo finally finished changing and was ready to walk out with Baekhyun since their parents were waiting. Baekhyun was with Chanyeol and he knew Kyungsoo was done. He kissed Chanyeol goodbye and walked up to Kyungsoo. 
"Done making love to your boo?" 
"Maybe I am, maybe you just interrupted us." Kyungsoo chuckled and shook his head. 
"Wait! Kyungsoo, can I talk to you?" Jongin called out to Kyungsoo and he nodded. 
"Give me a second..." 
"Sure, no problem. I'll just go finish what Chanyeol and I were busy with before you interrupted us!"
"Just shut up and go." Baekhyun walked over to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo walked over to Jongin. 
"Did you need something...?"
"Yeah... Did I make any promises to you before this whole thing happened...?" 
"Um....." Kyungsoo paused. "Yeah... Yeah you did..."
"What was it?" Kyungsoo let out a sigh. 
"You promised to love me forever and stay with me..." 
"I guess the old me didn't remember... But I do... Here it goes. Kyungsoo... I learned something while I was growing up and I thought I might tell you here and now before anything goes further down the road..." 
"What is it...?" 
"Promises are meant to be broken... And I have learned that time after time. I'm sorry to say this... But even though it probably didn't seem like we were still going out, we were weren't we?" Kyungsoo knew what was coming. His eyes began to fill with water. 
"Y-yeah...?"
"We have to break up... I'm sorry. I don't have feelings... Or maybe I do. But I'm just confused right now and I can't let you have that. I'm sorry." Kyungsoo nodded and walked away. He walked out the door and Jongin watched as he walked away. 
"I'm sorry too Jongin... Sorry that you ever had to do this... I'm a fool of love... I hate this. I hate it all." 
 
--------------------
IM SO SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE! I have the next 10 chapters planned out, and all I need to do is write them! Hopefully I can get them out and finished by tonight or tomorrow night! I'm so sorry guys! The next chapters are... xD no spoilers!