Gift

Meant to Be?
GIFT
 
Jessica walked into school and made her way to her locker. As she opened her locker, she noticed something sticking out of it. Ignoring it, she opened her locker and confetti blasted in her face. A big "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" sign fell from the top and hung in her locker. She smiled at how wonderful her friends could be. A couple people came up to her and gave her some gifts. They all wished her a happy birthday and an awesome year. She was very grateful and thanked them. She put the gifts in her locker and sighed afterwards. Kyungsoo walked up behind her. 
"SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Jessica jumped and this made Kyungsoo laugh. 
"You scared the life out of me!" 
"Hah, sorry! I just want to give you this!" 
"Hmm... What can it be?" She shook the box and thought about it. 
"Open it, come on!"
"Alright, alright!" Jessica opened it and was smiling greatly at her gift. It was Chance by Chanel perfume and she's always wanted this. "OH MY GOSH, THANK YOU SO MUCH SOO!" She gave him a tight hug and immediately sprayed it on. "This smells so good! Thanks!"
"No problem! I'm so glad you like it! I wasn't sure if you wanted this one or some other perfume." 
"It's the one I've always wanted, I can't believe you got me this!" Baekhyun walked up and pushed Kyungsoo out of the way. "Look who remembered my birthday."
"Psh, I'm so good at remembering, what're you talking about?" 
"Yeah whatever." Baekhyun handed her a box and she opened it. It was a pair of shoes from New Balance, which were pink; her favorite color. "Wow, thank you Baekhyun, these look awesome!" 
"They're not as good as my gift!" 
"Be quiet Soo, you know my gift is better!" 
"Mine will be the best!" Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun out of the way. 
"YAH! YOU DONT JUST PUSH ME LIKE THAT!" 
"You pushed ME like that!" 
"That's because you're Kyungsoo. I can do whatever I want!"
"YEAH RIGHT!" Chanyeol handed her an envelope and the two of them started laughing. 
"What'd you get her Chanyeol? A card with your heartfelt feelings on it?" 
"Yeah Chanyeol, you really thought about this one!" Kyungsoo and Baekhyun couldn't stop laughing. 
"Shut up! It's good, watch!" He turned to Jessica. "Open it." Jessica opened the envelope and pulled out a debit card. 
"Oo wow, now this is different."
"Woah, you got her a card... How much is on it? ₩20,000?" Baekhyun bursted into more laughing. 
"Actually Baekhyun... There's ₩250,000...." Baekhyun and Kyungsoo stopped laughing and their jaws dropped. 
"W-WHAT?!" They shouted in unison. 
"Yeah, wow thanks Chanyeol, you're gift really is the best!" She hugged him and he hugged her tightly. 
 
***~~~***
 
As the day goes by, Jessica seems less and less happy about her birthday. 
"You alright?" Kyungsoo asked.
"Yeah of course!" 
"You don't seem fine... What's on your mind?" 
"Ah whatever it is, just forget it! It's your birthday, lighten up!" Baekhyun interrupted. 
"Seriously, nothing is on my mind! I'm fine!" Jessica put on a fake smile hoping it would work. 
 
There's definitely something wrong... I guess she'll tell me later. 
 
Kyungsoo looked over to Baekhyun and made a face of disbelief. Baekhyun nodded and agreed with Kyungsoo, but for now, they're supposed to act like they don't know the truth. 
"Alright, we'll take your word for it!" Kyungsoo finished his lunch and they began walking to their next class.  
 
***~~~***
 
The rest of the day flew by and Jessica wasn't feeling any better. She kept getting wishes for her birthday. Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol all waited for her by the front doors to walk to her house to celebrate her birthday. 
"I kind of find it strange that I only have close guy friends..."
"You shouldn't! We all don't like you." Jessica punched Baekhyun's arm. "OW! I DIDNT MEAN LIKE AS IN LIKE LIKE!"
"SURE!" The others laughed and they began making their way to Jessica's house. 
 
***~~~***
 
When they got to her house, something was unusual about it. Most of the things in the house seemed to be have been removed and there was a noticeable change. 
"Where is everything?" Kyungsoo wondered 
"Yeah, it's like most of your belongings are gone. What happened?" 
"Oh, we're getting our house painted. So, umm, we needed to move some things out." 
"Wow painting is a hassle." Baekhyun complained. 
"Shut up, and let's go upstairs." The four of them walked upstairs and they ignored any homework they had and just enjoyed the day. They played on the Wii, some board games and finally it was time for dinner. The dinner was delicious and everyone enjoyed it. Jessica's mother had a very special talent for cooking, but it couldn't match Mrs. Do's. 
"Ah that was great! I'm stuffed!" Baekhyun rubbed his belly and Chanyeol poked it. 
"You're getting fat! Hahaha!" Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol stomach and that made him crawl up.
"Who's the fat one now?" Baekhyun smirked. 
"Hey guys! No fighting!" Jessica stopped the two of them and looked into the kitchen. The lights turned off and Jessica's parents came out with a cake. Everyone began singing happy birthday and her face was gleaming with joy. 
"Now make a wish!" Baekhyun screamed. Jessica thought for a second and blew out her candles. Everyone clapped their hands and when the lights were turned back on, it looked like Jessica was about to cry. She controlled herself and began slicing the cake. 
 
***~~~***
 
Once everyone was done with cake, they all talked about nonsense and didn't even worry about school. Jessica was shaking a little bit and very nervous. She stood up and everyone looked at her. 
"What're you standing up for?" 
"I have... Something to say..." 
"What is it?" She looked around and noticed her friends staring back at her. She took in a deep breath and closed her eyes. After finally opening them, she said. 
"I'm moving... To England..." 
 
--------------------
I seriously thought I had this chapter written already. But here you go guys! I'm sorry for this if it bothered anyone! She didn't play that big of a role in the story, but she was very helpful! She's not going to be gone forever though... I think. XD