Us

Meant to Be?

US

“Wh-what did you say?!” Kyungsoo was very hopeful in the thought that Jongin’s memory could’ve returned.

“I feel like I know what happened… It seems so familiar to me…”

“Can you try recalling some events?”

“I’ll think about it…”

“Well we had the tree all set up and I asked you if you wanted to hang up the lights or the other decorations and then you told me that you wanted to hang up the lights because-”

“Because I’ve never done it before…” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. “And you said that you would let me as long as I don’t get caught up in the lights-”

“But then you got caught up in the lights and I couldn’t help, but laugh and-”

“You called your mom to take a picture…”

“KAI, I THINK YOUR MEMORY IS COMING BACK TO YOU!”

“Oh my gosh, I feel so happy! I can’t believe I remembered all of that! I can’t wait until all of it comes back to me! You’ve been a really great help to me Kyunggie… err Kyungsoo!”

“Heh… what did you call me?”

“Kyung…soo… That’s your name isn’t it…?”

“You called me something before you said Kyungsoo…” Jongin looked around nervously and shrugged.

“I’m not sure what you’re talking about…”

“Maybe I’m just hearing things…”

“Uh… So we have to get to the school right?”

“Oh yeah, let’s start making our way there now.”

 

***~~~***

 

Baekhyun and Jessica were standing on stage arguing about where Kyungsoo was supposed to stand and Kyungsoo walked in on both of them arguing.

“What’s wrong?!”

“Kyungsoo, please tell this witch that you’re supposed to be standing here during the performance!”

“No, Kyungsoo stands on the X that clearly has his name on it!”

“You put that there yourself!” Kyungsoo sighed and shook his head.

“I stand where Baekhyun pointed out.”

“AH-HAH! IN YOUR FACE YOU WITCH!”

“AH! Whatever.” Jessica stomped backstage and Baekhyun smiled at Kyungsoo who smiled back.

“You two are seriously a handful.”

“You love us though.”

“Yeah… anyways, where’s Mrs. Gil? I need to tell her about Kai’s condition.”

“I already told him, she said that we can cut the part out since the performance is in two days.”

“We can’t just that out!” Jongin shouted out of nowhere.

“Hey Jongin!”

“Hey Baekhyun! And you can’t just cut out my part. Please give me a chance to learn the dance and I’ll do my best!”

“I can ask her and see what she says. I’m sure two days is enough for you to learn it though.” Baekhyun ran backstage to ask Mrs. Gil what Jongin told him.

“Well looks like you’ll actually get your part.”

“Yeah, I’m quite glad actually. I really want to perform on stage and see what it’s all like! The lights, the audience, the energy, I want to experience all of it!”

“You will, in two days.” Mrs. Gil walked out from backstage and greeted Jongin. Jongin bowed.

“So you think you can learn the dance in two days’ time? If that’s so, I’ll keep the part.”

“Yes ma’am! More than capable of doing so!”

“Alright, you have today and tomorrow to perfect the dance! I want to see your progress tomorrow!” Mrs. Gil got the dance director out to teach Jongin the dance.

“Welcome back Jongin! Please follow me to the side.” Jongin and the dance director walked to the side and Kyungsoo made his way onstage.

“Ready Kyungsoo? The play is in two days…”

“Mrs. Gil, you’re not worried are you?”

“I’m just nervous. It’s not like it’s because of you guys, it’s my second time doing this and I’m scared that it won’t go as smoothly as last year.”

“Mrs. Gil, everything will be fi-”

“GIVE ME BACK MY HAT!”

“NO! I’LL GIVE IT BACK AFTER PERFORMANCE!” Jessica stole Baekhyun’s hat and he was chasing after her. They both bumped into a pole and it seemed like it was falling. Kyungsoo looked to where it might fall and Jongin was in the way.

“JONGIN, GET OUT THE WAY!” Jongin looked to Kyungsoo who was pointing to the pole. It was slowly making its way to fall down and Jongin quickly ran to the other side of the auditorium. The pole fell and the entire auditorium fell into a complete silence.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU CHILDREN THINKING?! THE PLAY IS IN TWO DAYS AND YOU MADE THE POLE HOLDING UP THE TOWER FALL! YOU HAD BETTER HOPE THAT IS FIXED BY TODAY!” No one has ever seen Mrs. Gil so angry and Baekhyun and Jessica both looked scared. Kyungsoo smiled a bit from being scared, but the smile quickly went away when she turned to face him. She let out a sigh. “This is what I mean Kyungsoo.”

“Don’t worry, it’ll be fixed Mrs. Gil. I’ll make sure it’s fixed.” She smiled and went backstage and gave glares to Jessica and Baekhyun as she walked back. “You guys better fix this before she comes back out again.”

“Well if Jessic-”

“Baekhyun, stop and just fix this please.”

“Alright fine.” Baekhyun and Jessica both went to go fix what they broken and Kyungsoo looked over to Jongin. He was learning the dance quite quickly.

 

Hmm…

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin were both walking home when they stopped by a park.

“Hey, want to take a break by the park for a little bit?”

“Sure.” Jongin followed Kyungsoo as Kyungsoo walked to a bench that had a view of the lake in front of them. “Do you come here often Kyungsoo?”

“A little bit. I come here when I need to clear my head… It helps a lot just watching the water flow.”

“I don’t think I want to clear my head anymore…”

“What? Oh…” Kyungsoo chuckled.

“Well… What’s on your mind?”

“Hmm?”

“You said something’s on your mind… Well you said you had to clear it so something has to be on your mind doesn’t it?”

“Yeah… Well… This whole performance is getting me nervous, but that’s natural.”

“Is there anything else?”

“Hmm… Well… yeah.”

“What is it?”

“It’s about… us.”

“What about ‘us’?”

“Well… I’ve been hiding something from you… Not something physical… A feeling…”

 

--------------------

I’M SO VERY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! I HAVE BEEN A LITTLE BUSY LATELY! School is starting soon, but I promise to update very very very frequently! Perhaps 1-5 chapters a day! :D Ah, I’m so sorry guys!