Unsure

Meant to Be?
UNSURE
 
"And...?"
“You need to come now. That’s all I’m saying.” 
“Alright, I’ll be right there.” Kyungsoo hung up the phone and glared at Baekhyun.
“What…?”
“You know damn well what you did. We’ll talk about this later, Kai wants us back at the hospital.”
“Fine, I’m sorry Kyungsoo!”
“Stop apologizing to me, we’ll talk about it later I said.” Kyungsoo and Baekhyun rushed to the hospital.
 
***~~~***
 
“Where-” Kyungsoo hung up the phone leaving Jongin answerless. 
“So no clue where he is, huh?”
“Nope.” Jongin sighed and slumped into his seat. 
“I’m sure he’s safe if he answered your phone call.”
“I know he’s safe, but what happened? That’s what I’m wondering.”
“Probably Baekhyun got in trouble or something… We’ll ask him when he gets here.”
“Right.” A few minutes passed and Kyungsoo got a phone call from Jongin again.
“Yes?” Kyungsoo was panting over the phone.
“Why’re you panting?”
“We’re running to the hospital.”
“You’re still not here?”
“No, we’ll be there in like 3 minutes. I see the hospital.”
“All right, where were you anyways?” 
“I’ll tell you when I get there, long story.” Just then Jongin heard Baekhyun scream on the other side of the phone call.
“Did something happen?!”
“I’ll call you back!” Kyungsoo hung up and once again left Jongin answerless.
“What happened?!” Jessica was worried now.
“I have no clue, but Baekhyun just screamed over the phone and Kyungsoo had to hang up. Something must’ve happened.” Jessica saw how worried Jongin was for his boyfriend’s best friend.
“You want to go check it out? I’ll stay here and tell you if anything else happens.”
“Yes please, thank you so much Jess!” Jongin ran as fast as he could to find Kyungsoo and Baekhyun.
 
***~~~***
 
“AHHHHHHHHHH!” Kyungsoo turned around and saw Baekhyun on the floor facing down. He hung up the phone and ran to Baekhyun immediately.
“What happened?!” 
“I think I twisted my ankle! AHHH, it hurts so much!” 
“Turn around, let me have a look.” Baekhyun turned himself around so that he was lying on his back. Kyungsoo took Baekhyun’s ankle and tried turning Baekhyun’s foot. It was hard to tell if anything was bleeding or showing any injuries because it was dark outside. Baekhyun shined a flashlight his phone produced on his ankle and aided Kyungsoo’s investigation. Every kind of motion caused Baekhyun to scream in agony. 
“Please stop Soo, it hurts so much!” Baekhyun was now tearing from the pain.
“You can’t walk at this point.” Kyungsoo sighed and tried picking up his best friend. He didn’t have enough strength so he decided to carry his best friend piggyback style. 
“You don’t have to do this you know, I could try to walk.”
“No, it’s fine. I got… this…” Kyungsoo was struggling to walk because his fragile body wasn’t meant for this kind of labor. Kyungsoo walked for only about a minute before Jongin found them. Kyungsoo was relieved to see his boyfriend because that means that Jongin can carry him instead.
“Kai!” 
“Kyungsoo, Baekhyun!” Jongin ran up to them and was a little confused.
“Baekhyun twisted his ankle, but I think he might’ve sprained it. Not really sure right now.”
“Wow, is that why you had to leave the hospital… no that doesn’t make sense.”
“I’ll tell you when we get there, I don’t want to explain it twice.” 
“Alright fine. You need help, babe? You look like you’re struggling.” Kyungsoo made his struggle face and Jongin thought it was really cute. He just wanted Kyungsoo to stay like that, but he knew that Kyungsoo would probably collapse anytime now.
“Here, I’ll take Baekhyun from you.”
“Thanks.”
“Gee, way to go Kyungsoo. My hero.” 
“Shut up Baekhyun. I got you out of trouble, don’t forget that.” 
“Fine, fine.” The three of them started making their way back to the hospital.
 
***~~~***
 
“Well about time you’re back!” Jessica got up from her seat when she spotted the three boys.
“Yeah, caught up in something.” Kyungsoo scratched the back of his head. 
“What happened? What happened to Baekhyun?” Jongin set Baekhyun down and Kyungsoo began explaining his story.
“So a while ago, Baekhyun was really stressed, upset, and just having a lot of negative feelings. He decided that drinking was the solution so he turned to alcohol. He got a fake ID from our friend who owned the bar. I have one too, but only for emergencies will I ever use it. Anyways, I got a call from our friend that Baekhyun got in some scramble with a gang because he was drunk. Baekhyun is a violent drunk. So yeah. And then today, I found him in the same bar and right before he drank his drink, I stopped him. And then when we were running to the hospital, he tripped or something and hurt his ankle.” Kyungsoo was out of breath when he finished with his story.
“Geez, a lot has happened today.” 
“Yeah… It has.” 
“Thanks for telling everyone Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo was confused at Baekhyun’s angry tone.
“What’re you talking about?”
“I thought I could trust you with that incident.”
“Baekhyun, you can trust them can’t you? They’re our friends and we’ve been with them for a while now. Come on.” Baekhyun thought about it for a while and sighed.
“Fine… whatever.” 
“You don’t seem so certain in your answer.”
“Yes, I forgive you.” Baekhyun sighed again.
“Good. Now what did you call us for anyways, Kai?”
“Oh yeah! Umm…”
“What is it…?” Baekhyun’s heart started racing at Kai’s hesitation.
“You want to tell them?” Jongin turned to Jessica. She shrugged and took a deep breath.
“The nurse came to talk to us… and…”
“What did she say? Tell me! Stop taking so long!”
“Yeah guys, seriously what is going on?”
“Chanyeol…”
“Obviously… come on! Spit it out!”
“Chanyeol… The chances of his surgery being successful… It lowered… The doctors aren’t sure… how sure they are of being successful…”
“Wh-what? Wh-why? H-how?” Baekhyun’s heart sank and so did Kyungsoo’s.
“His condition has gotten worse…”
“But… The heart…”
“It’s fine. The heart and the blood is running fine, but the doctors aren’t sure if they can cure his systems.”
“He… He is not going to make it?”
 
--------------------
Not to sound like too much, but I honestly live off your comments… I don’t want to sound pushy, but yeah! xD It really motivates me to keep up the writing, so if you don’t mind… =X Anyways, I was going to continue on with this chapter, but I decided to end here. Enjoy! ^.^