Regret

Meant to Be?

 

REGRET

Over the course of the past few days, Jongin didn't seem like he usually does. He seemed less caring and not into being in the relationship. Kyungsoo would kiss him and all he could do is smile.

"Hmm... Maybe he's trying to test you Soo."  Baekhyun wasn't sure what was going on.

"Test me... But why?"

"Well he wants to know if you really love him."

"But I feel like I'm annoying him. I kiss him and he just smiles and doesn't kiss back. I say 'I love you' and I don't feel he really means it."

"It's only been 5 days since you guys went out. Maybe at midnight he's planning to do something extraordinary for you."

"I don't know what he could be up to, but I hate feeling this way. Do you think I should confront him?"

"I would... But then I don't know how he would take it. Sometimes I feel that way with Chanyeol, but then eventually he shows how much he cares."

"I don't know how to test HIM."

"Hmm... Well I would always make myself seem down and then just see if Chanyeol notices. I'll tell him it's nothing and eventually he finds a way for me to get him to say it."

"Alright, I'll try that... Thanks Baekhyun!"

"No problem!" Kyungsoo hung up the phone and was getting ready to hang out with Jongin.

"I need to make sure... I need to find out or else I'm just wasting my feelings." They met up in the park and Jongin just waved hello.

"Hey babe!"

"Hey Kyungsoo!" Kyungsoo initiated a hug, but he didn't feel like Jongin wanted one. Kyungsoo sighed and just couldn't take it anymore. The rejection he was feeling.

"So what do you wanna do today?"

"I'm not sure really, we see each other so many times I can't really think of anything."

Oh... Well lets walk around and think a bit." Jongin and Kyungsoo made their way around the park while conversing on some things. Kyungsoo wanted to see if Jongin cared about his feelings anymore.

"So what's it like having a boyfriend?"

"Feels like having a girlfriend except with a guy."

"... Alright then. Wow imagine us being together forever until we die!"

"Woah, thinking far into the future, huh?"

"Don't you see it though?" Jongin shrugged.

"You know, things can go many ways."

"Are you feeling alright?" Kyungsoo stopped and waited for Jongin to stop. Jongin turned around."

"Of course, why?"

"I don't know... You seem... Bored."

"Oh no, I'm not bored of you. We just talk and hang out all the time... Don't you feel that it'll get lackluster some time?"  Kyungsoo wanted to cry. He couldn't believe what he just heard. He wanted to tell Jongin all the feelings that he was holding onto.

"Yeah... I guess..."

"Don't worry, maybe a break will help us."

"Wh-what? You want to take a break?"

"Is there something wrong with that?"

"Just... No it's alright. Sure we can."

"It'll be fine! It'll renew our ties with each other! I'll realize how much you mean to me this way." This made no sense to Kyungsoo whatsoever. He hated the idea to the very core.

"You really think it'll help...?"

"Of course!" Jongin's phone rang and his mother was on the line.

"What time do you want to hang until?"

"Whatever time is fine with you..."

"I'll be home by 7... Okay, bye mom." Kyungsoo checked the time and realized they only had another hour together.

"Aw, we've only got another hour together. I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too, but that's how the world is unfortunately."

 

What are you saying??

 

"You're right..."

"Hey, cheer up! Don't worry about anything. You'll be fine! We'll be fine!"

The hour passed quickly and to Kyungsoo, nothing much really happened. It's as of Jongin had forgotten about everything.

"Well I gotta go now. Bye Kyung!"

"Bye baby! I'll text you later!" Kyungsoo watched Jongin disappear in the distance. He realized Jongin didn't even ask for a hug or a kiss. His eyes filled with tears as he walked over to a tree and sat down. He began crying uncontrollably and called Baekhyun.

"Baek... I think it's over... I can't do it anymore... He's so different!"

"What happened? Where are you?"

"The park... But don't bother coming. I'm coming home now. He didn't even bother asking for a kiss... Or a hug. What the hell is going on?! What did I do wrong?!" Baekhyun felt really bad for Kyungsoo. He's getting his heart broken into a million pieces and Jongin doesn't even seem to notice.

"Do you think... You think it's karma... With Tiffany and all..."

"No I don't think that's it, I just think that maybe it's a sign that Jongin wasn't the one for you..."

"But I love him so much! I can't stop thinking about him. He can do it, but I'm not over him! I fell in love and I want to fall out of it! It !"

"Soo, calm down! You're just in a lost state right now. You'll eventually be thinking like usual again. Just calm down and take things easily." Kyungsoo noticed a text message from Jongin.

 

From: Kim Jongin <3 :)

 

Hey! :D

 

Jongin NEVER started a conversation with just a "hey" before. He didn't want to answer. He was angry with Jongin for doing this to him. Kyungsoo began crying more before hanging up on Baekhyun.

 

Why must all the bad things happen to me?! WHY?!

 

Kyungsoo tightened his grip on his knees and just say there crying... Alone.

 

***~~~***

 

"Kyung! KYUNG! Why're you crying? Wake up!" Kyungsoo woke up and noticed he was crying before. He saw the worried face of Jongin.

"Are you alright?! What happened?"

"It was terrible! I had a nightmare that you were getting bored of me! And you didn't notice it and I just couldn't help myself I guess."

"You're so cute! Don't worry, you mean the world to me. The moment when I'm bored of you is when it's Opposite Day!" Jongin kissed the blushing Kyungsoo.

"Feeling better or maybe you need more?" Jongin began kissing Kyungsoo from his face to his neck. Kyungsoo smiled and laugh.

"Down puppy!"

 

It was only a nightmare... Thank God.

 

--------------------

Did I scare you? KaiSoo isn't going anywhere! >:D I thought this was a little different to what I'm used to. Hope you guys didn't think too much of it! :D