Park

Meant to Be?

 

PARK

Kyungsoo was waiting for his mom outside the school and just couldn’t keep the tears in his eyes. He looked back to what he did and he knew it was the right thing to do. He regretted leaving Jongin, but it had to be done. Jongin wasn’t feeling all that dandy either. He looked down to all the broken pieces of glass that was laying underneath him. He could see that some of them had blood on them.

 

Kyungsoo’s blood…

 

He picked up one of the glass pieces and looked at it. He took his finger and wiped the blood off.

“Do you honestly think you’re the only one that was hurt when you were going off…? Do you know how hard it was to honestly do all that to you…?” Jongin broke down crying. He fell to his knees and didn’t care that they were stabbing his knees. Outside, Kyungsoo turned around and he could slightly hear some crying from inside.

 

Some stupid kid probably stepped on it… that’s it… it’s not Jongin. Don’t expect too much.

 

Kyungsoo finally saw his mother and had to hide the tears. He got in the backseat of the car and stayed unusually silent for his mother.

“What’s wrong? You seem unusually quiet?” His mother wasn’t deaf to the sniffles, but she wanted to pretend like she didn’t hear them.

“I’m… just thinking about the performance. It’s coming up… and I… I’m just nervous.”

“Alright, just making sure nothing else is wrong.”

“Nope… Nothing… at all is wrong…” Kyungsoo began speaking softly. “Nothing is wrong…”

 

***~~~***

 

Back at the school, Jongin was still crying when someone walked over to him. He felt someone’s hand on his shoulder. He looked up and wiped his tears to see it was Tiffany.

“You loved him, didn’t you?”

“No… I love him… I still do love him.” Tiffany smiled and helped Jongin get up.

“You can’t be on this glass. Come here with me to get those cuts fixed. They walked to the nurses office and she patched up all the wounds that Jongin had from the glass.

“What happened? You guys were so happy together and then, it just… shattered…” Jongin just shook his head and let the tears roll down his face.

“I know how it feels to have your heart broken. You either have to go on and mope around, or you can fix things. And by fix, I either mean, you go back to him, or you move forward… it’s all your choice really.” Jongin nodded his head.

“Thanks… I really didn’t want anyone to see me like this…”

“Not a problem and quit being such a baby. When you need help, I’m here for you. I’ll always be here for you, Jongin.”

“Thanks… again… Are you saying that Kyungsoo and I should get back together?”

“I don’t know, that all depends on you. If you’re willing to go after Kyungsoo and fix everything that you destroyed, go ahead.” Jongin looked quite annoyed.

I destroyed?” Tiffany nodded.

“I heard it all… You actually caused this on yourself and I’m not trying to add a slap to the face, but honestly… you did cause it. Think Jongin… What did Kyungsoo do to YOU?” Jongin thought about it and was quiet for a moment. It finally hit him, all the things that Kyungsoo did for him, the struggling, and the sacrifices.

“He’s only done-”

“Good things for you…”

“Why’re you taking his side, now? Didn’t you say he was the reason why we broke up?”

“Time heals wounds, Jongin. The wound that Kyungsoo caused for me has healed and I learned to forgive. You need to understand how he feels right now. He’s destroyed… devastated. You have it less rough… all you had to do was listen to him pouring his heart out. He went through Hell just to find some peace inside him for a few moments. Think about it, Jongin… Think about how you made him feel and then make a move. If you truly don’t understand his feelings and what he’s going through, don’t even think about going back to him yet…” Tiffany walked away from Jongin and left him in the nurse’s office sitting on the beds thinking about what he’s done to Kyungsoo.

 

I never knew… I… I’m sorry…

 

Jongin knew it was pointless to say it in thought.

 

***~~~***

 

Kyungsoo was dragged to the park by Baekhyun to meet up with Jessica and Chanyeol.

“Why can’t you let me just be sad on my own? Don’t bring people down because of me.”

“Do you hear yourself? You’re the one causing all of this. Come on, cheer up!” Baekhyun stayed smiling even though his best friend’s heart was just broken into a million pieces. When they saw the other two at the park, Jessica ran up to tightly hug Kyungsoo.

“I’m so sorry, I heard what happened.” Baekhyun was confused on how she knew already.

“I… never told you… I didn’t even tell Chanyeol either…” Baekhyun looked over to Chanyeol and he just shrugged.

“It’s obvious, you dummy. Oh, my poor Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo smiled and let the tears roll down again.

“Hey, no tears I said! Let go of him!” Baekhyun broke Jessica and Kyungsoo apart. “This isn’t to make him think of Jongin, it’s to STOP the thoughts.”

“Like you would know how to do that…”

“…And since you’re the only girl around here, I suggest you tell him what he should do.”

“Well…”

“Well what…?”

“I’m not the only girl around here…”

“…Chan… Chanyeol…?”

“With my deep voice, you honestly think I can be a girl?”

“Are you trying to make fun of me, Jess?! This isn’t funny!” Jessica and Baekhyun always joked around like this ever since they were young.

“No, not this time. You’re not the second girl.”

“Then… Kyungsoo… are you a-”

“No.”

“Ouch, harsh tone, don’t you think? Wait, then who’s…”

“It’s me…” Tiffany slowly walked out from behind Kyungsoo and Baekhyun whose eyes both widened. Baekhyun gasped at the sight of Tiffany.

 

--------------------

What a change of character don’t you think? I had to add some playful text in there to lighten up the mood, but things will start picking up again! I’m going to sleep now, but I’ll have more up tomorrow! ^.^ JALJAYO!