Stay

Meant to Be?

STAY

Over the week, the routine was very much normal. Chanyeol and Baekhyun would get ready and go to school together. After school finished, they would come home together and just spend the rest of the day at home. The first day was a little bit awkward, but each day after, the awkwardness lifted and they became like best friends again. Jokes were being pulled on each other and finished with laughs. Chanyeol woke up and looked at the calendar on the opposite side of the room right above Baekhyun's bed, which had the little boy sleeping in it. It was the last day that Chanyeol would be interacting with Baekhyun like this. He couldn't find any other reason to stay, nor did he want Baekhyun to feel like he wanted more. There was a strange feeling inside him, the feeling he knew so well. It sparks whenever he's with Baekhyun and had been with him since the first day. Seeing that today was the day to leave upset him. It was a Saturday and he knew he had to make it the best day he could before saying goodbye and going back to the quiet friendship he had shared before. Chanyeol reached out to his phone on his other side and checked the messages that were awaiting him. He had a total of 5, 3 from Kyungsoo, 1 from his mother and the last from Baekhyun. It confused him as to why Baekhyun would text him, since he was only a few feet away from the sleeping boy. Without anymore thinking, he opened the message and read it. 

From: Bacon <3

Thank you for staying with me for this whole week... I don't know what I would do if you weren't there with me. You're probably wondering why I'm texting you when I can tell you in person, but I felt that texting you would be much easier. I don't have the courage to confront you with things like I used to. I'm happy you helped me become the person I am. These past few days have been very enjoyable and I don't think I would enjoy it with someone else, or by myself. The loneliness I thought I would have to live through was filled with your presence. I can't thank you enough for taking time out of your life for helping me clean this mess up. I don't mean just my room and the plates leftover during dinner, but cleaning up the person who was a bloody mess. I don't know what I did to be so deserving of this. I don't know how to repay you at all, but I hope I can... Somehow. 

Chanyeol took a moment to put to the phone down and wipe away the tears falling out of his eyes. It was so heartfelt and it made his stomach turn inside out. The sadness of leaving Baekhyun was starting to disappear as he realized how much happy and grateful Baekhyun was because of this. Chanyeol let out a deep breath and resumed reading the message. 

So once again, thank you for being there for me at my worst. I think this was the worst I've ever been in my life. You gave me that hand that I need to lift me up off the ground and fly to find my former self. I just have one more request... You can choose not to comply, but could you stay one more night? Last night didn't feel like a real goodbye and I want this night to be remembered. 

Chanyeol chuckled because he thought that it was like they were saying goodbye for good. Then his smile shattered and frowned. He wondered if this was why Baekhyun had him stay over. He began wondering if this whole thing was just to spend the last few days together and then send Chanyeol off again. It was a possible thought, but it wasn't definite. The thought would not leave his head, so he kept thinking about it. 

I hope you didn't find this message boring at all... I didn't know how to make it amusing at this early in the day. Sorry... I just hope you enjoyed this just as much as I did. 

~
Baekhyun

Chanyeol smiled and put the phone down to look over to the sleeping Baekhyun. Well... He wasn't asleep anymore. He was staring right at Chanyeol wondering what the boy thought of his novel of a message. Chanyeol smiled. 
"Were you staring at me the entire time?" 
"Not as a creep... Just wanted to see your reaction." 
"Well how did I do?" 
"Quite quiet.... But the sniffling made me see that it was powerful." Chanyeol wiped away another tear and nodded.   
"Yeah it was... Good job."
"So how about if? Another night?" Chanyeol smiled and nodded. Baekhyun clapped his hands together and smiled brightly. 
"GREAT!" 

***~~~***

The whole day was spent with them just fooling around doing crazy things. They messed around a lot and much more than they usually would. The entire day was just amazing for both boys and they ended it off with watching a movie they both enjoyed. At the end of the movie, Baekhyun's parents came home and both boys greeted them. Mrs. Byun gave a hug to Chanyeol first and thanked him for staying with Baekhyun for the whole week.
"I hope he didn't give you any trouble, dear." 
"Yah! Mom, I'm not a handful." Chanyeol just nervously laughed and shook his head. 
"He was fine. It was easy." 
"Well, I'm glad you're here. Thank you." She pulled him into another hug and then proceeded in hugging her son. Mr. Byun have Chanyeol a handshake and thanked him. He cracked many jokes about how Baekhyun could be a pain and Chanyeol couldn't help but laugh. 
"Alright, enough. You had your laughs and giggles. Now go unpack!" Mrs. Byun nodded and she waved goodbye to the boys as she went to grab her bags. The boys made their way to Baekhyun's room and Baekhyun took a seat on his bed. He patted the empty space next to him to tell Chanyeol to sit next to him. 
"There's something I want to tell you." Chanyeol didn't like those words. Even if it was for a good thing, it always made his heart drop. 
"Sure." He sat down next to the little boy and watched him as he struggled to talk.
"So... So these past few days... They were great. Thank you for being here. I don't want to repeat everything in that message, but I thought it would be fair to let you hear it in person... Thank you, Chanyeol. You've really helped me go through what I was before." Chanyeol took his hand and placed it over Baekhyun's cuts. 
"I only did it because it was you." They both smiled and Chanyeol felt like Baekhyun had more to say. "Something else is on your mind." Baekhyun nodded before thinking of how to start off again. 
"I..." He let out a sigh. Chanyeol put his hand on the smaller boy's shoulder and smiled. 
"Take your time... Whatever it is, I'm all ears." 
"Remember that night? When I told you to think about the situation?" Chanyeol nodded. "Have you thought about it?"
"Subconsciously... I didn't really bring it up in my mind and thought about it, but when certain events came up, the question came up too... Where are you going with this?" 
"N-nothing... Forget it." 
"No, you can't just forget about it now! Come on tell me." 
"Alright... I've been thinking about it. I've been so happy with you this past week..." 
"My decision is made up..." Baekhyun's head jumped up to face Chanyeol's. 
"It is?" Chanyeol nodded before leaning in. Their eyes slowly closed and Chanyeol was able to get what he wanted that first night. The kiss that he missed out on, he was able to get tonight. It was all so powerful and filled his heart with such joy. Chanyeol had not felt this way in such a long time and he wanted so much to keep his lips on longer, but Baekhyun pulled away. 
"W-wait..." Chanyeol grew worried at his words. 
"What is it?" 
"I... I can't... I'm sorry... I... I'm sorry..." 

--------------------
Things just get more and more crazy... I love it. XD hope you guys liked that!