The Park

How It All Came To Be...

You chose the park, hoping a nice walk around the normally children filled park was going to ease your mothers worried heart. You walked to it and found swarms of children rushing around playing tag or just messing with each other. The large quantity of trees were in full bloom, so many flowers decorated the area.

Okay mom, you got me, it's nice not looking at a computer screen for once.

Your summer vacation was almost over before your last year of high school and all your friends have decided to lay low for the last two weeks, cooping themselves up in their rooms, which you were also participating in, until your mom... well you know the story.

You had to slow or even stop in your steps several times as kids cut in front of you, almost running into you, causing their mothers to apologize and worry about which way their children ran. You took out your phone as it began buzzing.

"Have you gone out yet?" Your mother asked.

"Yeah, I'm at the park right now... What do I do now?" You asked, completely blank on what you should do.

"Go swing or get something to eat or get a boyfriend or something. I don't know, but I got to go. Bye sweetie!" Your mother replied.

"Mother!" You hissed at your phone to the fact she told you to get a boyfriend.

You've never been in a relationship, all your firsts still in your grasp and your mind still quite innocent. You looked around to find something to do and decided to choose from two of the options your mom pointed out. Across the way was a swing set that was almost completely empty, save the few kids swinging together. Across from that was a hat stand instead of food and you pondered for a moment.

Where should I go?

THE SWINGS?

THE HAT STAND?